1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Little Help for Our Friends in the Media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jul 21, 2007.

1. howe070523

howe070523 Member

C.Barkley has kissed some nice arses.
    Thats all I wanna say.
    ;)

2. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Thank you for every bit of that. If everyone was insightful as you the BBS would be a lot better off.

3. Nimnal

Nimnal Contributing Member

Wow, great video!
    I had forgotten just how exciting Stevie can be!
    I'm even more pumped now.

Thanks for posting, WNBA.

4. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I agree... Great job WNBA. Gee, I would hate to have a PG that can take it to the rim and finish with authority :) :)

I would much rather have that little floater of Rafer's. He did improve last year. He must of made that shot at least 10% of the time... :eek: :eek:

5. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

We should keep Rafer because we need at least one pass first point guard

I am not sure where the idea that Rafer is some kind of great distributor stems from. Rafer shot more three's than anybody not named Agent Zero in the entire league last year (529 attempts) and except for Yao and T-Mac took way more shots than anybody else on the Rockets. When you add in the fact that Adleman's offensive sets in Portland and Sacramento never asked the point guard to be a pass first distributor, Rafer seems to be needed less than ever. Those claiming James and Francis aren't capable of making entry passes or that Rafer is needed to get the ball into Yao are delusional or didn't watch any games last year. I have never seen a professional basketball player play to his weakness more often than Rafer did last year.

6. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Despite all the changes, the Rockets will still not be able to beat the big three

7. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

SA, Dallas and Phoenix are all still better than the Rockets until proven otherwise. We have yet to even see how the pieces will mesh.

We should be better than Utah, but that's not a given either. You can't just assume we'll beat those guys just because the roster looks sweeter.

8. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

As someone who's been in the business for 2 years, I can tell you sportswriters work very hard. It's the columnists who often slack on the research, because they're work is a matter of opinion anyway. As long as they can support their opinion with sound foundation, they're fine.

Beat writers, however, like Feigen and Blinebury, know what the hell they're talking about. They spend hours upon hours talking to GMs, scouts, coaches and players, and they ALWAYS do the research. Not sometimes, always. In sportswriting (not including columnists), research/contacts/legwork is 90% of the gig. 10% is the actual writing.

9. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

I can imagine a rookie sucking up to Jeff. but u? a senior member? shame on you....

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

After watching that Video . .a part of me wonders
    Will Steve be our best FINISHER this year
    I see a year of him catching Alley's from TMac and Yao all game long

Rocket RIver

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you're a columnist, right?

(sorry, couldn't resist! ;) )

12. Bono

Bono Contributing Member

unless you work for the Chronicle :) then the only foundation you need is no foundation.

13. BBall Scientist

Yao Ming is soft and mentally weak and Tracy McGrady is a born loser and neither of them will ever get past the first round of the playoffs.

Even now I am hearing crap like this from a lot of people and still seeing that a lot of so-called "experts" believe it still. I mean Stephen A. Smith still acts like Yao is a scrub. Yao is already a 25/10 type player and he hasn't even reached his prime yet. McGrady has never once been on a team that was as good as the team he lost to in the first round. Never once yet, but that's going to change this year.

14. WildSweet&Cool

blah blah blah T-Mac's ailing back

I don't know if you've noticed, but T-mac has not had any back problems since he went to the doc in Waco. T-Mac's chronic back problems are a thing of the past.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL, somehow I think this is really funny. :D

Our coach's name is ADLEMAN.

No, it is ADELMAN. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This thread is genius! Great thread Jeff!

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Now that Steve is 30, his decision making will improve. Furthermore, he will be our primary ballhandler.

The truth is, he is still probably a poor decision maker. If he didn't know how to play the game right when he was 27, he probably still doesn't know.

That means James will be our main PG, getting about 30 mins per game and closing out games.

Steve's minutes will be determined by how well he plays the "Bobby Jackson role" at shooting guard. And he will have plenty of competition for that role from Bonzi and Head.

18. GageD

GageD Member

no not *always*.
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1381/reviewing_mcgradys_impact/

19. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

dont know how to bold mine...you need to go deep in the playoffs before you win a championship.

we will win this year. we have the best talent in the league. its not even close

20. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

and we have the best gm and a great coaching staff...no chance for anything less than 60 wins and western conference finals...we have the best team in the nba...thanks morey. thanks les