1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Daryl Morey next year Executive Of The Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pch3lka, Jul 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WNBA

WNBA Member

If you give the same group of players to JVG, I am sure he will screw up and we will blame Morey and this damn summer.

CD is underrated.

2. bonojzk

bonojzk New Member

Morey, way to go!

3. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Not going to knight him yet, until we see how Adelamn will do the rotations

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not by a long shot, there is no comparison, except CD being nominated for GM of the year.

5. JD317²

JD317² Member

if van gundy was here
    this would be the slowest team on earth

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MOREY GM OF THE YEAR?!?!

MOREY GM OF THE YEAR?!?!

Yes, I realize the team has yet to play a single regular season game... but DAMN, MOREY IS DA MAN!!!!!!
    I mean we reaquire The Franchise for pennies on the dollar, We reaquire Mike James who we couldnt hold onto, Bonzi opts to return for the second year on his peanuts contract, AB looks like a great addition (course thats based on summer league) and if HALF the hype on Scolla is the real deal - we got a steal, while most teams were paying more for players with less upside! Oh yeh, and we got out from under Howards fat contract and regardless of differing opinions, I think Butler is gonna be a good acquisition down the road. Plus we gotta a couple other good prospects in Landry and Harris.
    I dont know about ya'll, but I'm positively giddy!!!!!!!
    Those who wish, go ahead and start raggin on whatever percieved shortcomings you THINK we got - but I actually think we got a darn good shot to make some noise this year - thanks to the efforts of Morey and others.
    On a personal note, just to show what a quality individual Morey is - Last year at the summer league, I was courtside cheering on our Rox - rather loudly. After the game, Morey actually CAME UP TO ME and thanked me for my support! Truley a class act - and obviously based on this offseason, with the chops to do the job to a very high level!

7. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Let's start by giving him GM of the Off Season and move on from there. ;)

He's got the team off to a heck of a start, eh? Can't wait to see how it all comes together in the season ahead.

I can't remember this much anticipation this early . . . (except perhaps after the Sampson and Olajuwon drafts twenty-some-odd years ago) . . . and it's certainly fun watching things develop.

8. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

The potential of a Steve Francis, Mike James, Ron Artest, Bonzie Wells,
    Jackie Butler lineup is rather aw inspiring.

9. Coca Cola Scola

Wow, Kjavp, that sounded like a cool surreal experience....the GM Morey coming up to you to thank you for your loud support. Was he sitting in the stands watching the summer league the whole game? What did he say to you?...or was it just a short thank you?

I really like Morey's silky smooth touch this summer. He's really different than I expected. When I first heard about this rookie GM who was into numbers and had this crazy money ball approach (that worked in baseball...but hasn't been applied to basketball), I was thinking "oh no.....our moves over the last 5 years have been bad enough." Who knew that he would clear out most of the dead weight and plug almost every hole (the power forward still needs one more banger)....all without spending too much or trading away needed talent.