1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Think about *this* Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jul 20, 2007.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you know how Dallas likes go small against us to get Yao off the floor.

Alston
    James
    Francis
    TMac
    Scola

Think again Dallas.

haha

2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Yeah, good luck to Dallas. The Rockets can go small, or big. They can play half court, or run up and down. This team is so damn deep, it makes me happy! I kept hearing how "deep" the Mavs were last year, well now, it is the Rockets.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

james
    francis
    snyder
    tmac
    hayes

in this lineup we are small and quik, but 3 of the players are above average in rebounds (francis, tmac, hayes) snyder can dunk on anyone... scola is not a good rebounder, so thats i why i left him out, and francis is way too short for sf.., but if brooks turn out to be a poor's man chris paul,

brooks
    james
    francis
    tmac
    hayes

wouldn't be bad either... but i think as long as yao's not tired, with yao and a pf that can score (scola) it wouldn't matter cause they would be THEIR WEAKNESS. we can't guard them, but neither can they.

4. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

That's how Dallas lost to Golden State. They made adjustments based on who the opposition was playing, instead of playing to their strength. Let Dallas go small against Yao. Keep Yao on the floor- who's going to stop him?

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Think about what? I'd still rather face that lineup than one with Yao in it.

6. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

No matter how fast the rockets are... still the dallas is a threat for us...

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

small ball killed the mavs in the playoffs.

then again, yao can be a wrecking ball against thier charmin squad.

8. bigfishnyc

bigfishnyc Member

Yea they're scared. Only Scola is a proven winner in this lineup.

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Uh..Francis...T-Mac are both proven winners. Oh, and Dallas lost to Golden State because of Nelly. Dallas tried to go small, but they had no answer to those 3's Golden State was putting up.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Of course James is the only one with an NBA championship so maybe he is proven winner as well.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't think we necessarily need to go small to beat Dallas. We'll go big instead and beat those little kids up.

12. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Some of that is just crazy talk. Francis as SF? That's nuts.

The Dallas Maverick Stopper:

Francis (or James/Brooks)
    Snyder (or Bonzi)
    Tmac
    Scola (or Hayes - whoever)
    Yao

if we wanted to go small...

Francis
    Bonzi
    Snyder (or James... move him to SG and move Bonzi to SF)
    TMAC
    Scola...

13. devin23

devin23 Member

I think this applies more to phoenix than dallas. Yao's been doing well vs dallas, Phx, not as much as they love to go small and front him.

14. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

not one mention of battier anywhere in this thread? :eek: :( :confused:

15. allforone

allforone Member

if we change our starting lineup to suit the dallas , we will be making the same mistake as in the dallas vs warriors matchup , when the mavs went small
    Yao's always a big threat to the mavs and why has him off? the same still holds true with the suns .... just play the rox basketball ,and let the opponents go suit us

16. SmitingPurpleEm

If Dallas can force Yao off the floor.... they have succeeded in their purpose. They have no answer for Yao except to try this gimmick. There is no reason to give in to Dallas and give them what they want. In fact, Yao would be the most important person in a Dallas series, because Avery likes to double-trap on the perimeter to force the ball away from a McGrady (or a Baron Davis), then Yao will get good position and have single coverage, which he will need to exploit to free up McGrady.

Phoenix is a bit different in that they change their defense to guard Yao with the doubling off the ball. In a series against Phoenix, I think McGrady must go off to force Phoenix to abandon that defense against Yao, leaving Amare to face Yao 1v1 in the post, which is no contest. In fact this is what happened in the second to last game when we finally beat phoenix.

17. Collector

Collector Member

Damn deep Damn deep Damn deep.....ZZZZZzzzzz

18. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I've always thought that the teams who win the championship impose their style on everyone else.

If you sit around trying to build a roster that can go small, go big, go fast, go slow, score like hell, defend like hell and rebound like hell... Then you won't be around as a GM for long.

You put your best team on the floor taking into consideration ALL the factors (quickness, size, scoring, defense, etc).

I think the best line up for us is

Yao
    Scola
    T-Mac
    Bonzi
    James

We will have to test though. I wouldn't be surprised if Battier in place of Bonzi serves us best, or Francis in place of Bonzi.

I honestly can't envision this team playing too much faster because Yao is slow and T-Mac seems to enjoy taking his time with plays. Francis has never been uptempo.

But I have faith in Adelman and once we see it on the court, that's the only time we can really decide what the best team is to put on the court.

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ummm worried bout Dallas? what about Golden State, remember they shut the Rockets down with that nearly illegal D 2 times late last season......

20. bigfishnyc

bigfishnyc Member

What did Francis and Tmac win? Early Disneyland vacations?