1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yao ankle sprain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jul 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Pruyen is just mad that someone other than him gave this board Yao Ming news that he didn't get to report. Please, easy on the RED text and the rolleyes.

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

ShOUld We bE crITICcal OF pOSteRS wHO arE GUIltY
    OF bIAS??????????????

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Well if this news turns out to be correct then pryuen will make a post in this thread with link to his OFFICIAL YAO THREAD where he states that Yao sprained his ankle followed by a bump of the official Yao thread.

pryuen, the news is not who sprained it but whose ankle was sprained.

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I will restrain from doing so in future.

I'm not mad about others posting news about Yao Ming that I failed to miss/report.

I'm mad that I'm wrongly acused just for pointing it out there is something wrong in what denniscd reported.

5. cwww

cwww Member

Maybe it would be better with not so much of those red letters and rolling eyes?

denniscd could be wrong for the Chinese national team part of the story, but it could be handled in a better way.

6. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Actually, I'll flip flop a bit and not place the blame on denniscd.

The whole story is a little confusing. I believe pryuen's telling the truth when he says Yao didn't receive the sprain from a teammate. Since Pryuen is a reporter for a newspaper in China (Correct me if I'm wrong). However, if he didn't receive it from a teammate obviously the sprain in question from denniscd's claim wasn't caused by a phantom player.

I guess we'll see in the upcoming days if a sprain of any kind from a Chinese national teammate or a Rockets teammate/random hobo off the street comes up in the news. Who knows, maybe both of you guys are partly right.

I apologize for jumping the gun denniscd.

7. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

It's threads like these that reminds us that it's still offseason.

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I'm not a reporter.....I'm just a crazy, hard core, die hard, loyal Yao Ming/Rockets fan.

I also wanted to find out from denniscd how serious Yao Ming's sprained ankle is, if his source of information is correct that Yao Ming got a sprained ankle.

But then that premise of Yao Ming had his ankle sprained by his national team team mate was wrong. That is what I tried to point out to denniscd and the rest of the posters here.

9. TMac640

Ahh, I stand corrected then. Always good to see die-hard rockets fans putting that much effort into giving this BBS another perspective.

At the same time, denniscd could very well be right about a possible sprain. However, there's the possibility that it appears to not be from a Chinese national teammater either. We'll see in the upcoming days I'd be willing to bet.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Pruyen has a better track record regarding what Yao is up to or what happens to him. I will wait and see what really happened to Yao's ankle.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Sorry about misspelling the name Pryuen.

12. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Yao killed his uncle??? WTF!:mad:

13. Navman

Navman Member

Why are people taking offense so easily on a message board? Who gives a rat's rear how somebody 'said' something? If it's offensive, let the two of them work it out or have Clutch handle it privately. I don't see how this is any of our concern. If Yao sprained his ankle, we'll hear about it pretty soon - and we would already know about it if it was serious, don't you think? He's got a busy schedule and can't hide that he suffered an injury from those expecting to see him. It's bound to trickle down the wire to our columnists and/or team PR staff.

Just let it go folks.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

No need to apologize. I am just shocked there is not a post in here blaming CD yet for the ankle sprain as is the usual custom. I am shocked the title didn't say "CD twists Yao's ankle". Don't put these :rolleyes: either. God forbid you hurt the feelings of a guy whose claim to fame on this board has been flaming anyone who says anything good about CD and calling them out with derogatory comments and attitude. Now if Clutch were to have posted Yao sprang his ankle I would take it as gospel. Denniscd lost all crediblitiy with me the day he said CD couldn't coach big men and deserved no credit for dream's development even though he has repeatedly said the best coaches for the post he ever worked with was Donnie and Guy at UH, Pete Newell in LA, and CD. I guess Jelly just made that stuff up to make CD look good. This guy may actually work in our organization and he was definitely wronged by CD at some point in his life, but use him for information like a sprained ankle. he definitely was no where to be found while we spent M, T, and TH every week during the summer feeding post passes at (what used to be the Fonde of the Northside) the Pritikin while CD worked on jump hooks with Jelly. He wasn't there because the other guy there is now in the front office for the Cavs. Those of you that ran there now know why the gym was closed from 1 to 230 on those days. I am just saying anybody who basically calls dream and Yao out for saying CD was a good pivot coach for them and says in a thread that CD is trying to take credit for Yao (even though Yao said it) has a prior agenda and don't know jack about the game itself.

15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Which is why I don't get the attacks on him.

16. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LMFAO. Have you ever applied your so-called "logical thinking" when you translate the news from the chinese websites? You seem to take them like gospels. How many times they had turned out to be false rumors, reporters "personal" opinions or even their own imaginations. Where was your critical thinking then?

17. Possum

Possum Member

Why in the world is everyone getting mad at Pryuen? He called out Denniscd with legitimate information and got a "Whatever" response. Denniscd is an arrogant egotistical ahole with an Napoleon complex that has never backed up anything he has ever said on this board. He obviously has contact with someone who probably gets second or third hand info from an inside source. I will admit that but it doesn’t make him an insider like he so vehemently insists. :rolleyes:

Pryuen made valid points and if denniscd is a real “insider” he should be able to back up his “inside info” if its accurate. Oh and Denniscd don’t listen to Bob let them scare you away PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. TMac640

Pritkin, Jelly? What the hell are you on? lmao

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I didnt know we have news competition here.

While I appreciate certain fan here working hard gathering information around the net about Yao and share it with us, let's just not get too bogged down with the specifics of the news or the source. When comes to something I dont know, there is no need to apply critical thinking, just wait and I will see. Lot of news on the net are bogous, do you verify each of them when you post them here in order to get your credit? But we still appreciate your effort.

20. SmitingPurpleEm

No, that didn't seem to be where the thread was going. The thread was turning into yet another China/CNT-bashing thread; read the first few posts. I see exactly why pryuen said what he said; he wanted to stop the CNT-bashing because it was unfounded.

Sprained ankles happen all the time. It hurts for a while, sure, but nothing serious at all.

Honestly I'm not concerned that Yao sprained his ankle, hell I sprain my ankle playing bball every so often. However, I don't like to see the blame immediately shifted to the CNT and mass CNT-bashing commencing. I'm sure pryuen feels the same way.