1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darko to sign with Memphis for more than MLE

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JoeBarelyCares, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Navman

Navman Member

Great...the talent pool for PF's out there is dwindling by the day and still merely crickets from Rox management... :confused:

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I say we get him along with Rudy Gay for Battier

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Morey should have offered more than the MLE. He is the worst GM ever!

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No GM in the league is stupid enough to do that.

5. Navman

Navman Member

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I'm referring to our GM being the most secretive in the entire league thus far. The consequence, we hope, is positive.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

THAT would be kinda nice for the Grizz in a weird way

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well he has said that he thinks he can get a better 4 through a trade than through free agency. There really were not many good 4's on the market this year so I take him at his word on that one.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's see what he will be able to do.

9. Navman

Navman Member

Agreed. The difficulty is greater via trade because of what I fear might be a percieved desperation on our part from other teams to get a quality PF.
    Perhaps by staying completely silent throughout the moratorium and ensuing days ahead, rather than spilling the beans on every occasion, will downplay that concern and level the asking price.

10. bushi63

bushi63 Member

why in gods name would you trade battier for stro.. do you not remember trading rudy gay AND stro for battier??? i think our best bet is to go after gooden b/c varajeo is still gonna command a contract (why? who in gods name knows) that puts them over the cap.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

nice move by the Grizz, they have nice young core of talent, sure Darko will never live up to being picked before Wade and Melo, but he is young and is at least getting better........

the grizz now have a young group of Darko, Warrick, Gay, Conley, Lowry, Alexander Johnson and Kinsey to go along with peaking vets in Gasol and Miller...... if you're a Grizz freak you can at least know they are going to get better with age

12. Navman

Navman Member

It's like the fountain of youth over there. And with Atkins leaving, they're virtually leaderless..'cept Pau but he's not that sort of guy. Oh well, let's hope the Rockets can rise above the growing pains to come in Memphis.

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Nice. Can I steal that?

14. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

I'm glad Darko finally signed somewhere. This way, we don't have to keep seeing constant posts blindly hoping he'll sign with us for the MLE. I want a good PF to come here too, but I also want to be realistic about it.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Let me get this right - we traded both Stro and Gay for Battier? :eek:

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am surprised. I didn't think anyone would be willing to risk cap-space money on Darko and he'd have to sign the MLE. But, it is a short contract and not much more than the MLE.

17. ham

ham Member

Actually, Milicic was not that unrealistic. There were only 3 teams with cap space larger than the MLE, and only one- Memphis- needed a PF. Had they gone after Varejao, Milicic might have been forced to sign an MLE deal.