1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our next PF ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jun 13, 2007.

1. BBall Scientist

He is wrong.

This is the salary and this is the right salary.

2004-2005 $3,200,000

2005-2006 $3,520,000

2006-2007 $3,840,000

2007-2008 $4,160,000 ($1,000,000) guaranteed.

He is reporting LAST YEAR'S salary. Also Sura's contract does not violate the 8% rule because he signed his contract under the OLD CBA agreement.

I think Clutch needs to look at this because Sura's salary is constantly incorrectly reported as his salary from last year. It's a bit sad that The Chronicle writers don't even get the salary right when talking about it's money value in a trade.

2. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

How about a trade with the Hawks. We are jammed in the backcourt and their is bleeding profusely. I don't think Atlanta will let go of either Johnson or Smith (too bad there). Maybe we could convince them to trade some young talent in Childress an offensive minded SF and Williams a C/PF who's numbers are decent given the minutes played.

Atlanta Hawks

Incoming Players
    Shane Battier
    Salary: $5,393,300 Years Remaining: 5
    PTS: 10.1 REB: 4.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 12.05

Rafer Alston
    Salary: $4,200,000 Years Remaining: 4
    PTS: 13.3 REB: 3.4 AST: 5.4 PER: 12.99

Outgoing Players: Josh Childress, Lorenzen Wright, Shelden WilliamsHouston Rockets

Incoming Players
    Josh Childress
    Salary: $2,863,920 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 13.0 REB: 6.2 AST: 2.3 PER: 16.24

Lorenzen Wright
    Salary: $3,250,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 2.6 REB: 3.2 AST: 0.6 PER: 6.65

Shelden Williams
    Salary: $2,952,840 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 5.5 REB: 5.4 AST: 0.5 PER: 12.39 18.7 minutes a game

Thoughts?

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

^^ Not a very bad trade but do we really have to give up Battier??

4. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

IMHO The only realistic deals involve Battier and to a less degree Rafer. Throwing in Head or a problem child like Wells is to sweeten the pot or level out the salaries. People also have delusions about getting good players for expiring. Those deals will occur late and to a over the cap team usually looking to dump a vet. You also can't expect teams to surrender key players or ones they have no sure fire replacement for (see Camby or Haslem suggestion).

You have to give something to get something and it has to benefit both teams.

Rafer would be a solid PG until Law matures. Speedy and Lue are simply not getting it done. They could probably afford to lose Williams with Horford coming in.

I like Battier he's solid that is why he is our best trade asset. We have little else to offer and no money. Now is the time to shake things up and take some chances.

#544 eedgejr, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

you keep on saying but what's your source? please don't say realgm.

team's don't have to give a yearly raise. the last remaining two years being the same figure doesn't necessarily make it a mistake.

6. BBall Scientist

Let me put it like this, The Chronicle wrote several times that Bonzi Wells makes $2.8 million this upcoming season, yet he only made $2,115,000 last year. I assure you that my source is much more accurate than his.

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

I wanna LaMarcus Aldridge. I knew he's great guy but after his 1st game in SM this year I really doidn't have any questions. Jus amazin'...Can shoot jumpers, can play 1on1 can rebound...

8. aghoshhajra

aghoshhajra Member

LaMarcus would be good pick up, but I don't see Portland giving him up...especially after his performance in the summer league and Oden's lack of NBA game (The kid had more fouls than points and rebounds combined!)

9. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Yeah, how about Lucas, VSpan and Sura for Aldrige. No, wait, how about Chuck Hayes for Aldrige straight up?

You know I kind of like too, and I think would be a good addition, good defense and offense, and pretty good 1on1 too.... Kevin Garnett. Go For it Morey!

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Links are your friend. ;)

11. Barkley

Barkley Member

I wish we can make that trade but I'm not sure if Portland agrees

12. LeGrouper

Yes, that is the bad thing about trades, the other team has to agree to it.

Honestly Barks, I don't think Portland would do a Tmac for Aldridge trade straight up. I really don't.

13. RocketsDynasty

RocketsDynasty New Member

Have we all forgotten Justin Reed i mean yea he isnt a star but we need a PF and why not try him out he could be really good here?

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

when the hell did u start posting again

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

LOL T-Mac for LaMarcus. I don't even think Rockets would propose that trade :D

But seriously, I think Portland has too many big mans. Now they have Oden so maybe Lamarcus won't be as important as he was. Maybe we should try to ask...

16. LeGrouper

No Barks, seriously, I really don't think Portland would do a Tmac for Aldridge trade. Seriously. Every team in the NBA would like a pair of twin towers to build around.

The only thing other than Yao that could bring Aldridge here is my Fountain of Infinite Beer and I'm simply not willing to part with it.

17. LeGrouper

I've been lurking for a while trying to work on my Dreamcast rage.

18. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I am pretty sure portland will take tmac for albridge, whoever it is above me.

19. LeGrouper

Maybe we should start another thread called Would Portland take TMac for Aldridge? because I think there is some room for debate there.

But actually my point was.... THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE PICKING UP ALDRIDGE. Let's talk about realistic options.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok but we don't wanna that trade. We should think about real trade:) But seriously I don't think we are gonna get LaMarcus:)