1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Grant Hill: Does he have enough left in the tank?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hottoddie, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

He'll be 35 years old by next season & has been injured quite a bit the last few seasons, but he played 31mpg for 65 games last year. He shot a mediocre 14.4ppg on 52% shooting from the field, but that was after coming back from one of his injuries. He was also playing on a very mediocre team that had only 4 players averaging over 10ppg, with Howard being the leading scorer at 17.6ppg.

There's no doubt that the dude can play ball, but would he be worth making a run at in free agency? With players like Yao & T-Mac around him, it would give him a lot more good looks.

I'm asking this, because if the Rockets trade Battier in a package deal for a PF, he'd be able to give us some of what Battier currently brings.

Any takers?

2. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

If we were to lose battier then yeah I would do it.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I like him for a 1 or 2 year deal, but, as of now, we don't need a three.

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'd be kind of scared of getting Hill. He looks too brittle.. especially if we're gonna play a physical team like Utah again in the first round.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It would be bad luck to put Grant Hill and T-Mac back together on one team :eek:

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

making our team older and more injury prone is the last thing we need, we have enough veterans how about some guys under 25 years old. And he can't play defense like Battier.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He might be able to fill the SF role in spurts if we dealt Battier but don't for one minute kid yourself into thinking he's half of the defender Battier is.

Definite LLE or vet. minimum candidate though, depending upon how things play out.

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

spanoulis hayes head snyder novak and lucas are all 24, just noticed that. Oh well it seems like things are looking up already!

9. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

No. No more old guys. Bonzi's enough.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

the person who is going to fulfill the SF role if Battier is gone is named McGrady. His backup is named Wells. Not much room for Hill.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I do think Grant Hill has something left in the tank. I liked Grant Hill on this team with JVG as coach and when Bonzi probably wasn't going to come back. He would be a good 6th man that could play point forward to relieve some of those duties from Tmac.

But with Bonzi back with Tmac and Battier still here, I dont see where Hill would fit in.

Additionally, word is the Pistons are VERY interestd in Hill as a FA (already moved Delfino's salary off the books). Suns and Spurs are also interested.

12. Jumbo Mutombo

Jumbo Mutombo Member

Hill has great character and deserves another shot, but I admittedly would not want the team I was rooting for to give him one.

Houston Pockets would be wise to stay away.

13. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

great all purpose pick up...love him as a backup pg which then allows him to play with head...head could guard the pg's and hill could run the pg position...same with mike james when he gets nuts with the ball

14. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

He is in love with Phoneix...

15. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Hell yeah for the vet min or maybe the LLE. Anything more then that, prob not.

16. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

He maybe 35, but he has less mileage than the average 35 year old pro, since he didn't play as much with his lost seasons.

17. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i heard Hill is only going to sign with Orlando because he feels he owes them some years at a minimum pay level because of what happened with his career. If that is true that is real classy of the guy.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

which nba player isnt? besides bonzi... theyd ask to much of him physically :rolleyes:

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I heard he wants to stay in Orlando also. His choices are retire or return to Orlando, if Orlando doesn't want him I think the only job he'll be looking at is Mr. Mom.

20. BD5

BD5 Member

Nice guy, but no thanks; rather take my chances with a younger, athletic rookie