1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach A @ Starbucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TRIQSTER, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Take it for what its worth, and dont shoot the messenger.

My freind works in downtown near the toyota center and saw Rick Adelman @ 6am in starbucks.

Basically, coach A said that he is trying to get Artest, but Morey is against it.

Sacramento is really interested in VSPAN...the rockets really want to keep him though. They would have to give up snyder,vspan and the first rounder.

He is extremely happy to be in HTown, said he couldnt pass up the opportunity.

No mention of Lewis.

Oh yeah...He also said his "Airness" is taking over DLindsey's spot as VP....Juskiddin ;)

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I agree with morey on this one, between bonzi and james we already have our idiot factor in full play. we bring in artest and we're 1 step away from pacers 2.0. don't get me wrong, I'm a rockets fan so if we trade for the guy I'll be excited -- just a little worried.

I'm going to give morey his chance here to be our gm and prove himself so far I like his (1) move. hopefully we can pull a couple more rabbits out of his hat.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I would guess that the Spartan is for keeps. Adelman is really good on european players, hope this one will break out of the shell soon. Oh and i have second thought about suiting up Artest in Rockets unis. Not to mention if we keep Wells and Artest on the same team :( means trouble!

Good post by the way!

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

I saw him a few days ago but since I did not have pics I decided not to get bashed. I just told him we are happy he is here and to go get Artest.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im sorry but we gotta pull the trigger on that deal.

our defense would be insane with battier and Artest.....

It would be a huge upgrade even if we just use him in a trade..

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

This better not be true. Keep VSpan over Artest?! WTF

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Please tell me that's not true. That's the best bet for "all in" and trade Battier plus change for a PF ===> and the Rockets will be contender.

Otherwise, just dont see the Rockets have enough assets to find enough "proven" role players for contending.

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

you know it makes sense if you use your logic

the guy is a moneyball

i am sure Artests value to a team is negative given the number of games his missed

10. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Do it.

Spanoulis looks like a nice player but it's going to take years for him to mature into a smart basketball guy capable of giving us what we need from that position. He only rivals Rafer Alston as a worse shooter at that position and his handles are questionable. People have this wet dream about him becoming a Manu Ginobli type but he isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood in athleticism. Artest is a piece that can help us now and even if he goes nuclear again we're only giving up two niche players and a low draft pick.

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Well, if u use your eyeball then u know Artest is crazy good. Artest can almost defend 2 players at the same time. He's an All-star. Artest is Dennis Rodman v. 2 and Coach A is more of capable to keep him straight.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kinda weird for him to talk trade to a stranger. Anyhow, I like Artest for unprovens, but maybe the rest of the FO know something we don't about the young kids.

13. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

nothing like starting a new season with trades that we'll be regretting mid-season.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Id trade Snyder and Span in a 3-way for a capable starting PF. Id take Artest too though I guess. The scenario is simply too exciting to pass up.

15. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I don't see why Coach A would call out Morey to some random dude at starbucks......

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Why would RA talk to some random stranger about team negotiations?

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For Vspan and Snyder Id take Artest for half a season.....

18. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

While we're at it, is there any way we can also add Pacman Jones? It's not like he has any plans for the 07-08 season.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A wise move, never mortgage the future for the past, especially in an area in which the Rockets are loaded....Bonzi, Tmac, Battier.....all play the same position as Artest.

He is not needed.

DD

20. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

He may not be needed, but that deal is too good to pass up. An absolute steal if it happens. We can then package Battier/Head for Abdur Rahim and the 10 pick.