1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classless: Jalen Rose...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigSherv, Jun 18, 2007.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I was at the gym and he was on sports center talking about the finals.

His exact quote was,

"Lebron should be applauded for taking these rejects to the NBA finals"

Who is he to call annier a reject.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jalen_rose/career_stats.html

note:I was watching with closed captioning so I could not tell the tone he said this in but still, simply classless.

2. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Perhaps a tad bit harsh, but the truth. LBJ's supporting cast was pretty dang lousy. I mean his best teammate was Daniel Gibson LOL!

3. BigSherv

I mean true but do you go up to your friend and say you momma looks like a dog's a$$?

I mean show some class. I mean this is coming from a guy who has accomplished nothing in his career.

4. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Don't forget dirty player as well.

5. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Jalen Rose is a washed up punk..hes just as much as a reject than anyone else on cleveland..garbage time players....

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen was actually ALOT better than Lebron's cohorts. However, I agree, that was in bad taste.

7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Pot calling the kettle black. :D

Funny thing is that I heard him yesterday on 610 radio doing the Bob and Bob show and he said "Oh guys my schedule is very busy the next few days because I'm doing radio and ESPN and Sportscenter and this is the first my season ended early and I have time to do stuff."

First thing I thought: hey Jalen when was the last f*cking time your season was not ended early? How many playoffs have you exactly made in the last 5 years?
    Your days in Indiana riding Reggie Miller's coat tail are long over and you aint done **** since then so shut up and do your little TV gig. B!tch!

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Definition of reject:
    [​IMG]

9. BigSherv

that is the wierdest thing since Sheed's birth mark on top of his head.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not like Jalen Rose knows anything about winning but he kind of has a point. I mean, that team still would have lost in the first round if they played Miami but he still carried them on his shoulders and beat a heavily favored (and overrated) Detroit team. For that he deserves some props.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

hes just trying to follow in the footsteps of Screamin' A. Smith. Thats something he would say.

12. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

Their supporting cast was equal to the Rockets' this season.

13. munco

munco Member

rejects is harsh but Bron's teammates are pretty horrible for the most part

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't mind at all with him saying that. Maybe he could've used another word than "rejects," but I don't think it would've been a big deal had a real analyst said it.

The only thing is.. I really dislike JRose since his Pacers days. He seems like such a punk ass. I don't really listen to anything that comes out of his mouth, much like Stefanie A Smith.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The same Jalen Rose who lost playing with the Knicks? :D

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The current Jalen Rose may be a reject, but back in his Pacer days, he was better than anyone Cleveland's suiting up with LeBron. Only Cav on that team in his prime that wasn't a joke is Z. Snow wasn't as good as Jalen in his prime.

Evan

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Man, everyone's hatred for Jalen must be because of him hurting Elie a long time ago. I don't see any other reason to hate the guy. He is a notorious interview guy and every sportscaster in the league would love to get their hands on him when they are done. Jalen is actually a pretty good professional and everyone praises him for it, although he has had his mixups. And I don't think he rode Reggie's coattails when Reggie AND Jalen took their team to the finals in 2000 only to lose to the Lakers in 6. I finally remembered the only reason I didn't like him was the Elie incident when he broke his hand. Come on guys, calling a guy dirty and classless just for one controversial comment and a dirty play a long time ago is silly.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Is LeBron's Team this year better or worse than the Phildadelphia Team Iverson took to the Finals?

Rocket River

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Wow, so they wouldn't have made out of the first round in the West either?

or

We would have made the Finals in the East?