1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't know if this belongs here or in the Hangout... but its Rockets based...so I am going for here... I found it in a link off APBRmetrics

http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=rockets#7020

Now if any of yall get this job.. I expect perks!

#1 Hayesfan, Jun 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Oh man...it's times like these I wish I lived in the states....

I work as a web developer right now , do loads of database/data mining work (which I love, along with statistics/patterns/probability stuff etc.) and love basketball

That would be a dream job....

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

The Rockets are notorious for being cheap when it comes to staff salaries, so look out.

4. jdrock

jdrock Member

What's dumb is that they require using mostly Windows-based tools when most of the top work in this field is done outside of Windows. My company works on similar technologies, but we only use open-source languages and applications.

5. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Same here...I can work on windows-based stuff but I prefer OSS tools ....Still it's an interesting field + position to work in

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

My experience has been the opposite. I find tons of opportunities for Microsoft technology. I'm actually perfectly suited for the job, but if bejezuz is right, I doubt they'd come close to my salary. :(

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I applied, what the hell...

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cool stuff. I'd love working for the Rockets... but I've heard the pay isn't very high. Good luck to those of you who apply.

9. Sextuple Double

I'd apply, but I live nowhere near Houston.

10. RocketsRed

RocketsRed Member

Yeah the Rockets pay is pretty low, knowing a few past directors, managers, and Vp which all don't work for the Rockets anymore, the pay was abysmal.

If I had to guess on the pay for this job, it would be in the $40k to 50K range, but there are some nice perks though, free Rockets tickets and toyota center event tixs etc...

11. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I applied and i know nothing about web design. I think i have a legit chance! :cool:

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

i dont know about this job, but entry-level jobs are pretty much slavery. i interviewed for one and they offered 6.00 an hour. wow im so glad i went to college now, i might as well be working at the golden arches.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

they never called me back about the head coaching job. does the Rooney rule apply in the nba?

14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I work for the Astros. I was thinking about working for the Rockets as well, but that would cut into my school. I wonder how much they pay for guest services representative (that's my position w/ the Astros).

15. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

What position?

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I don't think I would want to work for Les anyway. :eek:

17. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Of course, now that I actually read the job description, I notice it's an internship. I doubt I'll get the $100-120k that I put as my salary requirement. :D

18. RocketsRed

RocketsRed Member

Internship! Hahaha then all your getting is min wage...lol

19. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Hmmm... I wonder if players have to submit a resume.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I saw a marketing analyst job posted there before. Pay was 7 dollars an hour.

That is straight up slave wages.