1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

haha - from the comments on the ESPN article:

"Kelly_Whaley2 (5/30/2007 at 1:55 PM) - Im the biggest mavs fan youll ever meet and i hate to say it, but dirks gotta go. What really scares me is the realistic possibility of kobe in houston"

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL T-Mac isn't as good as Kobe anymore (if he ever was). His offensive skills have deteriorated.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as an individual, kobe is better. but this isnt about 1 on 1 matchups.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u make it seem ike tracy sucks. there's a reason we beat the lakers last yr w/o yao. we beat them this yr without yao.

:D

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Tinman, are you on helium? There is no way in hell this could ever come about. Snowballs will be dancing in hell before he winds up here - if he's traded anywhere near Houston it would be in Dallas cause Mark Cuban wouldn't blink twice at meeting his price. As for making that trade, my response is not just no but HELL NO! Let's set aside the fact that Kobe is a lying, two-faced, backstabbing, ******* for a minute. This is beyond a public disgrace. This little egotistcal brat engineers the breakup of a potential dynasty in LA because he didn't want to "share" the credit with Shaq because HE was the next Jordan. OK, he got his wish. Shaq gets shipped out to Miami and wins another ring. Everyone looks at what Kobe has done and snickers loudly. Meanwhile poor Kobe and the Lakers haven't been worth spit ever since and the Lakers are no more closer to winning another title than is Boston, Philly & and NY. So now he's "unhappy" with the mess he's made in LA and wants out. I say GOOD! He's getting exactly what he deserves and I hope it totally consumes his arrogant ass.

Oh, and he really didn't want poor Shaq run out of town - that's someone in the Lakers front office trying to make him the "bad guy". Puhleeease! I haven't seen this much horsesh*t being shoveled around since the last rodeo.

6. jdrock

jdrock Member

You say Yao sucked in the postseason and TMac didn't..? They did about the same.. pretty good, not amazing. Kobe single-handedly willed the Lakers into the playoffs and was the only reason they had any competitiveness at all.

I think Yao would benefit from someone that draws so much attention and can always be in attack mode.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

If that guy knew Les Alexander like we know Les Alexander he'd realize that he has nothing to fear at all.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

well if Kobe is an AHOLE then one AHOLE deserves another (Les)....
    I say BRING on KOBE...the guy is fun to watch and he would give the ball up to Yao....when Shaq was in his prime and playing with Kobe, Shaq still got his touches so Yao will too...can you imagine Kobe driving the lane and creating open shots for Yao...MAKE IT HAPPEN MOREY, LES or whoever the hell is making decisions over there......

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

v. his competiton of okur and milsap, he did suck.

at least tmac went against known defenders in AK47 and derek fisher.

yao went against weak sauce and single coverage. then he got murdered on defense.

10. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

I'd trade Tmac for Kobe. If not for Tmac's health problems, I'd keep him though. It's too big a gamble to keep him when we have the chance to be a championship level team. If it did happen, I'd feel bad for Tmac since he came here to team up with Yao to get a championship. I'm sure he'd feel betrayed

11. dreammvp

wow....you are an idiot...I don't think I have to elaborate why....

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

I don't understand Bryant. One day he says he wants Jerry West and if the don't bring him he'll go out. Than he says that wasn't serious and he wants to stay in LA and he wants to retire here. And he finally says he wants a trade! I won't be suprise if he says tomorrow that he wants to stay...

But on the other hand Lakers are not going anywhere. Odom sucks and the rest of the team suck. They have only a great coach and that's why they've been to the playoffs 2 times in a row. That's all PHIL. I say it again: Lakers are not going anywhere so Kobe should really change a team. But if he goes to the team who has probably a dominating player in the paint (I mean Magic) he won't be so selfish (in my opinion he shouldn't be)

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

As much as I love Tmac the person and hate Kobe the person, I would make this trade in a heartbeat.

Kobe has the killer instinct that TMac has never had, though it would be interesting to see how Kobe affected (or poisoned) the locker room.

And Kobe has a healthy back.

Still love Mac, though

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i know, kobe wants some damn attention. now he's backtracking everything he juts said a few hrs ago.

my dude def. loves the attention.

15. dreammvp

Kobe= relentless, killer instinct, proven winner, can get past first round, attacks

Tmac= no killer instinct, doesn't attack basket, disappears at the end of games, cna't get past first round...

doesn't look like a difficult decision to me....
    MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have brought in big names before...Barkely, Clyde, Pippen..but man this would take the cake......

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

so you are saying Okur and Milsap were horrible in D ? have a look at how Okur defends Duncan, and how many turnovers Duncan has had in the theries

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

did u forget the first 2 games where duncan put up 27 and 12 on 63% shooting.

struggling on the road is not something out of the orindary.

yao sucked v. okur at home too u know. i'm fine w/ players doing not as good on he road.

18. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's good post. That's not NBA Livewhere you can win with one superstar. That real game. That's team game not individual. Bryant plays like he is alone on the cours and he has to realize that. Kobe is better in individual game but of course Tracy is a better team-game player. That's why I would stay with Tracy. I just like him aand I won't trade him. That's my opinion

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

calm down dude.
    1. kobe =best player in the L regardless of what a punk he is. that doesn't change a thing. OJ Simpson was one hell of a running back, regardless of what he does with knives. A does not affect B
    2. this crap WILL NEVER HAPPEN, its like you asked me if Darth turned good and Obi Wan went to the Dark Side. Its all nonsense crap cause it a situation that will never happen, so why not have fun in make believe land?
    3. try this on any NBA Videogame, put Kobe and Yao on the same thing, I bet you can win!

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah, but Kobe won 3 titles with an elite center, and TMac hasn't gotten out of the first round in 3 years (well, 2 really) with one.

Kobe and Yao would be lethal.

That said, I love TMac and his personality and hate Kobe, but KB would be a definite upgrade