1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eckstrand mock draft has us taking...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FadeAway_Dreams, May 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I love that sports cast !

DD

2. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Well the difference... whatever the outcome is... is the organization has watched v-span practice against nba players for a year. They know what he's capable of. I realize that fans are upset and want to see for themselves... but the management and assistant coaches got to see him up close and personal. I don't know if he's ready or not. Nobody but those watching practice last year know.

Mike

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is true, and if the new coach comes in and agrees, then no worries from me.

Personally, I believe that JVG never gave him and others a real opportunity for whatever reason.

I guess time will tell.

DD

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I had to quote this because it was missing a tidbit that I had never seen a DaDakota post without!

And to contribute a little...I think we need a PF more than a PG (unless we somehow get Acie Law). Rafer+Span > Juwan+Chuck.

Pugs

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I have to disagree. It has been argued extensively that Rafer is a bottom 5 starting starting PG in this league (dead last in FG% [117/117] among qualified players). The same can be said of Chuck at starting PF (although when playing with Yao he does a lot of good). You can also say that Juwan is fool's gold with any points he gets us because he gives them right back with his nailed to the floor, running in sand defense. However, Span is basically noone's gold because he has shown nothing. Span may have potential, but the front office can't just hope he's gonna be our savior at PG. At least you know what you are gonna get from old man Juwan.

6. wingz0

wingz0 Member

A little late to this party, but let me just make a point: If management is looking at upgrading the PG spot, and I think we should, then at number 26, I would gamble on Jared Jordan.

This guy is downright pass-first, and has shown he can score in bunches if need be. Best case scenario: we might get the next Steve Nash, worst case scenario, we get Steve Blake with better vision and passing but a more inconsistent shot.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

jared jordan will probably go undrafted no need to waste a pick on him.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

rofl i thought jared was one of michael's sons/brother of jeffrey jordan. lmfao i was shocked when i saw a picture.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

OH...JARED!

[​IMG]

11. JEREMYMEEGAN

JEREMYMEEGAN Member

dude...vspan is goin bak to greece

hes not playin for houston next year

so i would like that 6-4 guard cuz rafer is are only PG thats good

12. DeeMien

DeeMien Member

I think JVG did not want to play VSpan because he was a "rookie". He is not a developer of talents! He would only play guys who have been in the league for some time. He did that to "protect" himself from losing his job in case the team lost games because he had played rookies. Take the case of Novak and VSpan. These should have been given some playing time during the regular season in preparation for the playoffs. I am convinced that they have would have made some difference in the Utah series if he had played them in the regular season in preparation. VSpan would have driven to the basketball to draw fouls against Utah which would have put the power players in early foul trouble. TMac used to do that a lot but reduced the frequency due to his back problem. JVG has limitations just like each of us: He could not bring the team together because of his ego à la Bill Parcells. He could not integrate a Bonzi Wells who could have made some offensive and defensive differences in the season and playoffs. Defensively, our team did well but it was aweful offensively because of JVG's limitations. He is able to talk about it as a TV analyst but not as a coach. He could not make use of the talent level of Yao! Look at the Rockets teams that won two championships (especially the first one!).
    I would say let's draft an SG/SF and move Battier to PF or trade for a PF. But VSpan deserves a chance in the next season to play no matter what people say about him. He has experience from the international games. He is only being overlooked because he was drafted in the second round. Everyone needs time to adjust to a new environment and VSpan is no exception! This is his season and that of Novak.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For the love of god use paragraphs.

14. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

IIRC, Malone's daughter has more rings than he does ;)