1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was justice served?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 22, 2007.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

:confused:

How would that get rid of tanking?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm happy for the Blazers. I like Sarge and Brandon Roy. LA had some good games too and showed promise. I might follow them closely next season. All they need to do is find a way to dump Zach Randolph for a shorter term contract. I assume a Darius Miles buyout will happen this summer.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

For all of the people badmouthing tanking, there sure were a lot of people b****ing that JVG won meaningless games that cost us Roy.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for real. and lets not forget the drive for ping pong balls that led to yao. tanking is a time-honored tradition in rockets history that has led to sampson, hakeem, and yao. the spurs also got duncan. maybe it just works in Texas.

anyway, i don't really have a problem with tanking. it's not in a team's best interest to chance injuring it's best players and it's not in it's best interest to possibly hurt it's draft position. if the point is to win titles, and not individual games, then tanking makes sense, even if it doesn't look good while it's happening.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

did we tank to get yao? i honestly don't remember purposely sucking, we kind of lucked out portland style i thought.

6. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

You mean the Phil Jackson rotation model? Well who the hell is Phil Jackson anyway? :D

12 players 20 minutes each? Sam put down the pipe. Call the hotline. They can help you. It may take a long time but you can get better with help.

I predict JVG will not re-appear in this league, at least not soon. And if he does history will repeat itself. Amd Sam will follow JVG and praise his short, ummm errrhhh rotation, yeah that's the one!

As my mother used to say, Sam you are such a horse's @$$. At least DD is interesting. :cool:

7. Blind

Blind Member

The L should just lock the draft order earlier, like at the All-Star Break, so that teams can't tank the last quarter of the season to jockey for better position. I'd like to see Danny Ainge tell Doc Rivers to purposely lose ninety percent of their games before February so they can draft OJ Mayo next year.

Hang on, I think I'm seeing the future. They're going to do that anyway.

Whoa, another vision! I can see the specter of Red Auerbach taking a crap on the podium during the 2008 NBA Draft, after which Adam Silver gingerly opens the envelope and says "With the 7th pick in the NBA Draft, the Celtics select... Chase Budinger." Then Bill Simmons lights himself on fire.

8. awo86

awo86 Rookie

i agree with you man...those who dun know wtf is going on should stfu. i would be glad to have ainge as a scout. he's done a tremendous job at drafting players man. look at wht he got from late picks. al jefferson, delonte west, tony allen. hell, talk about ryan gomes.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

As a old dude that came of age with Bird/Magic I'm really disappointed that Boston didn't get a shot at Durant. They have been snake bit since Len Bias' was so happy to be drafted there he exploded. Maybe they have a lifetime of Karma to balance after 16 titles but it would have been a great venue for Durant, a great revival for an old powerhouse and restored some balance of power between the leagues divisions. A Durant/Kobe championship series would give you kids a glimps of what made the NBA what it is today.

Now Durant and Oden will play most of their games at midnight CST and their stat lines in the paper will say Late Game.

(paper? you must be a geezer!)

I take that back...Bird and Magic were the superstars but they were both just the marquee players on great teams...6-7 players deep great teams. It wasn't just a one on one match-up.

#29 Dubious, May 23, 2007
    Last edited: May 23, 2007
  10. dischead

dischead Member

The west just got a whole lot tougher..

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes sir.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

This is just the cosmic reparation for Sam Bowie's career.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, good thing they didn't think fast enough to stop us from getting Dream.

The only way to eliminate tanking is to shorten the regular season and let everybody into the playoffs. Order the draft according to playoff results.