1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simpsons - 24

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Smokey, May 21, 2007.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What did you guys think of Simpsons done 24 style? I want to watch it again. I don't recall if it was the 400th episode. I didn't watch the one with Ludacris. Also, Family Guy with the Back to the Future montage - Brian playing the guitar at the dance was awesome.

Jack: Hello Chloe.
    Bart: Who is this?
    Jack: This is Jack Bauer CTU. Who are you?
    Bart: Ahmed Adoodee.
    Jack: Chloe, you get that. Get me info on Ahmed Adoodee.
    Chloe: Jack, he's an Afghan terrorist.
    Jack: Really?
    Chloe: No Jack, I'm pulling your leg.

===

Marvin: Hey Rick, this is your cousin Marvin Astley. You know that cheap sound (some insult to new wave I forgot :D ) you've been looking for, listen to this.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Anybody that says The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be just isn't watching it. The 24 parody was classic from start to finish. That Ludacris dental hygiene video was one of the funniest segments since the Simpsons was in it's prime in the mid 90's

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Simpsons peaked in 1985. I know they weren't on the air then, but I just want to sound cool and say that it sucks now. So there.*

*I still love The Simpsons.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Same here, I thought last nites shows were classic stuff! I don't even watch 24 but still enjoyed that episode quite a bit

5. Smokey

Jimbo's Mom: Jimbo, I'm going to the store.
    Jimbo: Mom, put on a top.
    Jimbo's Mom: The doctor said they need fresh air.

==

Marty (BTTF): This song is a hit where I come from.
    Brian: This song is...gay.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

If you're saying that was one of the funniest segments since the Simpsons was "in its prime," aren't you saying that the show isn't as good as it used to be?

7. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Anybody got a link to the video?!?

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, I guess I could have worded my post a little better, but it's really chic to bash the Simpsons.

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Last night's episodes were good...but the rest of the season sucked pretty much.

10. BigTex

BigTex Member

anybody else here watch king of the hill, i still like it

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i haven't really watched new ep's of the simpsons since i started thinking it wasn't as good somewhere in the late 90's/early 00's. So I can't say how it's doing anymore simply because I'm out of the loop nowadays.

But the 24 episode was solid. To me, the comedy was a different style than the older stuff.. but I still enjoyed it. The Ludacris episode...was just off to me, I thought it was so-so.

Family Guy was ok, but haven't they used the back to the future thing before?

12. Smokey

I saw last night's episode. When did Luann get knocked up and WTF is Lucky? I like how Bill got in Hank's face and Hank walked away.

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I'm gonna watch it later just because I'm a 24 fan...but I don't think it's chic to bash the Simpsons. It's just...mass opinion. I grew up with the Simpsons, so watching anything from them now and the past 7-10 years isn't as good. It's not what I grew up with. It's like two different shows that have different audiences. I wonder how many watching every Sunday night were watching way back when it started and in the early to mid-nineties.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've always watched it since the begining. It has changed over the years and some episodes are better than others but the simpsons are still one of the best shows on tv and are a serious contender for best show of all time. I enjoy the new shows as much as ever.

I agree with Atrain that some people just think its cool to bash the simpsons. I don't get it.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I have never seen 24, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Sopranos, Entourage, or Heroes (expect I did see the commercial for Heroes and it looked really stupid). So I'm not really relating to Clutchfans right now.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I agree with you, I've always enjoyed the simpsons but like most shows, esp considering how long this ones been on, there are good episodes and misses.

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I though the 24 Simpsons was pretty good but the other episode I thought was pretty weak. The Ludacrest video was OK but the rest didn't seem very funny for me especially the whole Kent Brockman takes on Fox storyline.

18. ameet14

ameet14 Member

I watched simpsons since the beginning religiously, but stopped at a certain point when it became apparent the comedic style changed. In the early years, I feel most shows would have some event happen to start off the show, and then the show would be based off of this event. This was a good formula, cause the writers were able to mix in jokes and comedy throughout the show that wouldn't stray far from the main topic.

I stopped watching when there was a season that featured a guest star every other episode. Thats when i felt the show changed drastically. They started selling guest stars and would rely on those rather than quality story lines. It was still kind of funny, but did not have the ironic, witty, and crative humor of the first 7 or so seasons.

I think this is why so many people believe the simpsons sucks. Its because its a completely different show from the one that many of us loved watching. Homer just got too stupid for me.

19. Smokey

IMO that's when the show "jumped the shark."

Homer was dumb not brain dead in the beginning.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The big difference is plot development. The early seasons had traditional sitcom development. Later on, they mixed different subplots, so it was hard to tell what episode it was if you watched the first 5 minutes of the Simpsons.

My biggest problem with the later episodes (past 7 years) is how they sometimes end without a traditional climax. While they still made some classics, most episodes leave you hanging. The first 5 minutes were throwaways that didn't have anything to do with the end.

When I watch the reruns, I don't think the writing or style has changed. It'd go from a good to great show if they tied everything together instead of figuring out ways to hit the 30 minute mark.

So I think it's a matter of expectations. People would love it if it went on a 15 minute format and aired on Adult Swim.

Does anyone else think the quality of Conan is slipping? Or maybe it's the same thing like the Simpsons. I didn't do it....