1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 2: San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rodrick_98, May 3, 2007.

1. demon77

demon77 Member

B/c they are practically using a 6 man rotations. 3 player played 45+minutes...OUCH!!!!!!

2. Blind

Blind Member

The Spurs just kept chugging along. Man, I hate how they pull it out every time at the very last second without any emotion. If they embraced the role of villains ala the Bad Boys, maybe I'd watch in the hopes that they'd get beat. As it is, I just shake my head. The Rockets, gone. The Warriors, gone. The Suns, gone when Nash gets suspended on a TBD charge before Game 6.

"It's not a matter of fairness. It's a matter of correctness." - Stu Jackson

That's the epitaph on this NBA season. I'm not watching any more of the playoffs.

3. aaaa

aaaa Member

Wow, that wasn't a great ending at all :(

Seems appropriate that Bowen, OF ALL PEOPLE, hit that dagger at the end. The Suns just ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.

But I think the turning point was when the Spurs hit 5/6 3-pointers to really close the gap. The Suns were doing a great job maintaining the lead whenever the Spurs were making any run UNTIL that point.

Seems like all the teams that I don't want to win will go to the next round.

4. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

If I was Mike D'antoni, I swear to God I bring in Eric Piatkowski the next game to end Bruce Bowen's twisted career. Life is not fair, man! How come Rudy T's career ended like that whereas Bowen is still healthy and p***ing on the floor?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hate the spurs

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Boy, it felt good seeing Bowen, of all players, to be the one to hit the dagger. (Yes, I know my opinion on this is the complete opposite of the majority, and I'll likely be flamed. :)) But, I enjoyed it. Hope the Spurs can take care of business in Game 6, cause Phoenix is a tough place to play if it has to go back for Game 7.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nash - "This is how many of these I won without ever playing defense. Only in America eh"

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

David Stern must be very happy at the rating spike he is going to get in the Utah/San Antonio series and then in the Finals with Pistons vs Spurs rematch. Job well done Stern, how long before the teams owners get together and can your incompetent ass? :eek:

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

SUNS IN 7. thanks

10. Rickem

Rickem Member

I've heard this so many times. I would assume there are exactly two teams in the NBA that the whole country would tune in to watch in a Finals series.

Lakers and Heat

Now ask yourself if thats really what you want to see?

Best teams play in the Finals...and if you don't want to see it, there's always baseball on the TV.

More to the point, I assume everyone here is a Rockets fan. How is Houston any more exciting than SA or Det, thanks to Van Gundy's coaching style.

11. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

I think the worst flop of all time was by Steve Nash in game 4 .... it got his teammates suspended and lost them game 5.

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Agreed- the arrogance is killing me.....

13. conquistador#11

I'm still in schock over the ruling that the NBA made :( .And when will people stop calling Bruce Bowen a "crafty defender" :mad: ?

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I went to sleep at the start of the 4th quarter and now woke up to this... :mad:

I don' t know how the Spurs did it

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Suns collapsed and stopped making shots. It was 79-71 with 5 minutes left and the Spurs went on a 13-2 run capped off by a Bowen 3 with about 30 seconds left. That made it 84-81 and it was over. Besides Bowen's shot, the key play was Barbosa's stupid foul on Manu while he was taking a 3 and Manu hit all 3 FTs. During this stretch, the Spurs defense totally owned the Suns offense and they didn't get one decent shot attempt. Manu made some really dumb plays on offense by throwing the ball away a couple of times but the Spurs overcame it. If they had lost, Manu would have been the goat.

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Good call! Where's my cookie?

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not suprising that yesterday was the worst played game of all 5... and that the Suns offense looked like a carbon copy of the Rockets offense in Utah towards the end of the game.

I guess the effect of good talent outweighs the effectiveness of the system.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no...van gundy was coaching the suns last night. you couldn't see him, but he was there. he was cleverly disguised.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Damn that didn't play that bad, the still managed to score what 82...84 points without two starters. Imagine if Houston didn't have two starters in game 3 against Utah. We would be having more record lows for scoring and barely getting over 50.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Maybe this guy should give you one.

Try the Spurs needing the 47th minutes to squeak out a W.

Are you kidding? Manu kept them from getting blown out. Manu's two TOs and TDs missed FT gave the Suns more chances, but they were the only guys to show up all game. Manu even more than TD basically stole a game the Suns were going to win.

True. I couldn't believe he didn't rest guys with TD going to the bench in the late 3rd to early 4th. He lost about 6 points on the 11 point lead AND got no rest. I think that cost them the game because they gave up some on the lead and any chance for his guys to bring it the last 5 minutes was killed.

I think game 6 is anyone games. Yes Nash, Thomas, Bell and Marion should be really warn, but people forget TD, Manu, Bowen and Finley all played about their season high and were scratching from behind 3/4 of the game. Those will be a lot of old, tired, legs too.

Game 6 is on Amare. If he plays well the Suns win. If he doesn't the Spurs win. If Amare and Barbosa both show up the Suns take it easy. If niether does, the Spurs take it easy despite being tired because their home crowd should be able to squeeze ever bit of energy out. Horry not being back hurts them--he is one of their best cold blooded killas under playoff pressure and they missed him badly last game because they can't play a decently sized shooter line-up without him. It makes doubling off the Spurs a lot more effective.