1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The ever growing White population in U.S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by hkomives, May 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are at a point called reality and Space Ghost is at a point called denial AKA the wingnutosphere.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm going to a "white" party tonight at my gym...It's a party on the patio with free food and beer...However, it means they want us to wear all white, nothing to do with race...I digress...

Free Whitey....oh wait...

3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Whites TODAY obviously are all about slavery, committing genocide against Indians....er, I mean Native Americans, etc. Therefore it is not only ok but good if we propose that LESS whites in the country is a good thing. Not only that, but since white people have no rhythm and minorities make good music (cause whites don't do that) that is another reason having less white people is good.

Yeah, Spaceghost is a wingnut.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWp_LWzSjZE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWp_LWzSjZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The way to get rid of all the white people is for more inter-racial marriages. Wait long enough, and everyone will be the same color.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't like focusing upon the bad of a race's past while disregarding the good. I guess I'm more of a classist than racist.

/wingnut

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he is a wingnut. If your response to the reality and legacy of slavery in America is to try and propose some equivalent responsibility for blacks then you are a wingnut. Just as you would be a complete nutcase, if you tried to establish some kind of moral equivalence between Nazis and jews for the holocaust by pointing out that some jews had killed some christians in Germany before they started shipping them off to concentration camps.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody said that it was exactly the same today. I mentioned that it was history, and the history is why some phrases are weighted differently than other phrases. It wasn't an attempt to say that nothing has changed since that history. But I also think it is fair to look at an established track record.

Less whites would mean a part of the population that lives primarily in segregation would have their horizons broadened and be exposed to new things that they might not otherwise be exposed to. I consider that a good thing. The more exposure children have growing up to different cultures the better.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The man is an attention w****, without support.

10. hkomives

hkomives Member

There seem to be a prevailing sense especially among Whites that when there are more Hispanic and asian immigrants, the interracial marriages would increase.

in fact the opposite is true. It's ironic that having more immigrants would also allow for more Whites.

http://www.newswise.com/p/articles/view/527145/

Newswise — Immigration played a key role in unprecedented declines in interracial and inter-ethnic marriage in the United States during the 1990s, according to a new sociological study.

The findings, published in “Social Boundaries and Marital Assimilation: Interpreting Trends in Racial and Ethnic Intermarriage,” suggest that the growing number of Hispanic and Asian immigrants to the United States has led to more marriages within these groups, and fewer marriages between members of these groups and whites.

“These declines in intermarriages are a significant departure from past trends,” said Zhenchao Qian, co-author of the study and professor of sociology at Ohio State University. “The decline reflects the growth in the immigrant population during the 90s; more native-born Asian Americans and Hispanics are marrying their foreign-born counterparts.”

11. Blind

Blind Member

That's an interesting study. It doesn't mean that having more immigrants allows for more whites, though, it just means that the marriage pool for minorities is growing as a result of immigration.

After reading this, I do kinda wonder how many whites are still opposed to interracial marriage and wouldn't consider marrying a minority, but never voice that opinion. A Chinese-American girl I know who used to live in Lafayette, LA was telling me about how one of her good friends, when randomly asked about interracial marriage one day, promptly replied "That's why God put people on different continents." I guess the God people worship in Louisiana isn't too big on intercontinental travel. Then again, David Duke did get elected here.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

[nitpick]He wasn't elected, he got into a run off and virtually handed Edwin Edwards the seat. (Trivia side note: Some of the groups backing Jacques Chirac in France modeled their campaigning after similar supporters of Edwin Edwards. Slogans like "Elect the Crook, It's Important" were stolen.)

13. Blind

Blind Member

I was thinking of his LA House seat actually, not the Governorship. But yeah.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nah, white guys nowadays are good for two things: sarcasm and stock tips. Oh, and keeping the sunblock/sunscreen industry in business. Nothing like the slave-trading, treaty breaking, Aborigine-massacring badasses who built the Western world and made America and Australia livable.

See, you're not thinking like a white man. Why make the music when you can finance, market, distribute it and collect all the royalties? Just make sure to leave us some bling, blunts and Bentley money, and your lawyer's number for when we "forget" to pay our taxes (see Foxx, Redd; Gaye, Marvin and Snipes, Wesley).

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

FB, I know you aren't a racist. However, your statement that less white people is a good thing bordered on racist-esque. I know what you were trying to say but saying that less white people is a good thing is probably not the best way to say it. You probably should have said more minorities is a good thing.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Thats funny my first word to decribe him would be racist. Next would be genocidal maniac. :confused:

17. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Oh yea, cultural genocide is not a bad thing at all right?

#57 Aceshigh7, May 12, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think it's a bad thing if any particular race happens to decrease in percentage.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You just take him more seriously than I do, or I would guess most people do.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What cultural genocide are you talking about? The "white" culture?

Please tell me what the white culture entails, and what it has done? I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.