1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG is going to be traded...but where?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 10, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

KG is in the same position that T-Mac was when he came to us a few years ago. Next summer he will be able to opt out of his contract and I think it's a foregone conclusion he will. The Wolves can't see themselves as a title contender next year so the smart thing to do would be to trade him now and get something in return as oppose to losing him for nothing. KG would have to commit to that team though like T-Mac committed to us. No one wants to just rent him for a year.

What can they get for him though? The Iverson experiment hasn't been that great. I think Denver would give up an extra slasher for KG. Is there room for him though with a reinvigorated McDyess?

I could see the nets dealing Vince now that Jefferson is really coming into his own. I don't think The nets would be shopping him but I think they would be open to the trade if KG became available.

Maybe they just go for draft picks, a couple above average players, and a big expiring contract to make the deal work. If they go that route, there is a lot the Lakers might be willing to give up. Smush parker, Brown, Odom and a 1st rounder. That's not bad for a guy you will be losing in a year.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

McDyess what? Personally I can see the Timberwolves making some decent moves, getting into the bottom half of the playoffs for a few consecutive years, KG resigning, and his career ending with a whimper as he signs a final minimum contract with a contender at age 37.

If he is traded I dont see the Lakers being able to land him. They dont have the assets. Bynum? Ya right... Nowitzki for Garnett I can see, KG for 1st or 2nd pick and contracts I could see, maybe a Gay/Gasol inclusive trade, a Bulls trade, and maybe a few others.

The media makes it seem like KG will be out eventually, but Garnett and management always seem content.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

McHale won't trade for average players - he's a smart GM.

He'll look to trade to a team in exchange for some serious talent - and the only team that would do that is a team that feels it's just a bit away from a ring.

That really leaves teams like Golden State and Chicago.

Although teams that are stacked might be game too. Dallas and Phoenix if it flays out against SA.

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

guy with 10 posts seyz:
    TRADE GUNDY FOR KG

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

smush parker is a free agent
    Brown sucks (luther head dunked on him)
    odom, bynum and draft pick might do it. lakers wouldnt do it though they have too much invested in an overrated Bynum.

but hey T'wolves have done dumb moves in the past so why not offer.

6. Blind

Blind Member

This made me laugh out loud. Come on, the guy who's surrounded KG with such stellar talent as Eddie "I Jack It In My Cadillac" Griffin, Marko "Backwards Jersey" Jaric, Ricky Davis, and Mark Blount is a smart guy? Can't forget Mad Dog Madsen, I'm sure his dancing skills will get them to the eighth seed next year.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

KG to Lakers.

Odom + Bynum + 1 future first round + scrubs.

Kobe + KG + Phil.

Now, you get me worry. Lakers show is on again.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Stop dreaming lakers' fans!

Kevin Mchale wont trade KG to the Westerns Conference team!

If the Wolves were to trade, they will trade KG to the East. Most likely to the Bulls. Now that the bulls are about to get sweep, they should consider trading Deng, Gordon plus picks for KG!

Imagine Big Ben and KG in the frontline! :eek:

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

There is no way he will be that picky. It will be hard enough to get equal return for him without limiting the potential trade partners in half.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is not coming here, but I really wish we had his FIRE. I love the passion he plays with, although he has been looking a bit discouraged in the last two seasons.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

oh come on optimisummmm

sura (expiring contract)
    j howard
    head
    vspan
    1st pick this year
    1st pick next year

yao
    garnett
    battier
    tmac
    alston

even worse bench then last year (wont matter though)

it never ever never ever happen but that is essentially an expiring contract and 3 1st round picks.

makes you wonder if:

yao/tmac/garnett = magic/worthy/kareem

because if the rockets wouldnt at least be as good as that team that just shows you how good that lakers team was back in the 80's.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

KG, Blount, and McCants for TMac, Vassilis Spanoulis, Juwan Howard, Bob Sura, Luther Head. Wolves get a superstar for KG, plus they get a ton of cap relief and some young players with potential in Head and V-SPAN. Rockets solve their PF problem, but create a gaping hole at the 2. If McCants can come back from the microfracture surgery he could be decent. Luckily, 2 guard is about the easiest position to fill. The Rox could draft Morris Almond or Afflalo or someone to get started on that.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

and guess who traded jefferson to pick up Eddie??? >.>

14. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

A smart GM brings in a half-dozen 6-2 shooting guards? Trade for Jaric, draft McCants, draft Foye, sign James, re-sign Troy Hudson. Sorry, five undersized shooting guards.

The only way the Bulls can match up salaries with Minnesota would be to trade Hinrich's BYC deal, plus a re-signed Nocionio, and about four other players. Chicago would end up with Thabo Sefalosha, Chris Duhon, Luol Deng, KG, Ben Wallace, no Tyrus Thomas, no 9th pick this year ... the salaries just don't match up.

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Why? McHale wont give a beep because they are rebuilding. The main thing will be "the price is right".

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I'v been saying it for a while KG WILL be a Laker & when he does become one the comissioner will be so happy he'll crap his pants!

#16 shawn786, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yeah, imagine if JO goes to the Knicks, and KG goes to the Lakers this summer, I think comissioner Stern will crap his pants every night in his dreams.

18. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

ROFL, by talking about smartness, NewYorker has just given an example of what is not-smart (dumb) to say.

19. NewYorker

I see your point - but I am speaking in reference to trading KG. That's his one big asset - he's going to want something in return, especially with Minnie in the lotto.

The guy did build a very good team one year - but the thing about McHale is that he's a cheapskate too. Can't blame him though - it is Minnesota after all - I can't imagine it's easy to get in the black there.

20. NewYorker

Hudson is a pg....so is Jaric (who is six seven) and foye is six five (also a pg). Even james is a pg. MaCants is six four. So i don't see where you get 6-2 shooting guards?

You look at Minnie - their salary drops to 59M in a year, and to $7MM in 3 years!

Minnesota is bad now - but they are a team primed to be re-tooled very soon. They are going to get a great draft pick, and some of those guards will be traded. They can also sign a big time free-agent and trade away KG.

You're right about Chicago - I forgot they don't have any big contracts to match up to the $22MM.