1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The ever growing White population in U.S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by hkomives, May 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. hkomives

hkomives Member

This is from 2000 census
    http://www.facts.com/wusp30050.htm

The Hispanic population increased by 10 mil people over the decade. Meanwhile, the number of White persons rose by 17.5 mil, the number of Blacks or African Americans increased by 5 mil, the number of American Indians, Eskimos, and Aleuts by 400,000, and the number of Asians and Pacific Islanders by 4 mil.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

white includes hispanics.

3. hkomives

hkomives Member

Alot of people think that there is a dwindling White population and this country is less White because of immigration. This dispels the facts.

I have a really difficult time in finding the increase in White population from the Mayflower to the present day.

I had post this because of all the immigration reform talk.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The white population declined next to minorities as a whole. This country will be less than half white before you know it.

5. Blind

Blind Member

US Census summary of race/ethnicity statistical trends

The US is absolutely becoming less and less white. If I wasn't skimming CF.net while taking a break from paper writing, I'd spend some time on that site figuring out which areas will have the most significant demographic shifts, though common sense says the border states.

6. hkomives

hkomives Member

This is for people who thinks the White population is declining.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The next majority will be "multiracial", but it's anyone's guess when that will be.

8. hkomives

hkomives Member

Talk about far-fetch and bizarre, How could something like that be projected?

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What % of the Hispanics are actually picked up by the census? A lot are not.

10. Blind

Blind Member

Read both of the quotes.

The US Census is saying that currently, the annual population growth rates for minority groups are greater than the annual non-Hispanic white population growth rate. If those growth rates for each group remain constant, and minority group growth rates continue to outstrip the growth rate of whites, in 50 years the white population will comprise only about 50% of America.

11. hkomives

hkomives Member

Why would this group lose population (less in absolute numbers) in the 2040's?

Is this a lateral thinking puzzle?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If America became much less white, I wouldn't see that as a bad thing.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the only way this country gets over racism is if everyone starts ****ing everyone else and making a new generation of Americans.

Sounds like a fun party.

15. Blind

Blind Member

Because the percentages add up to 100%. Did you read the quotes at all? It says 50.1 percent of the total population. As minority populations increase, their share of the total grows and the share of the majority shrinks.

Speaking as a Filipino living in Louisiana I don't have a problem with it either. I'm just saying that the initial poster is not reading his stats correctly.

16. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

nothing wrong with decreasing rates as long as the people that are growing aren't complete idiots..anyone seen Idiocracy? :cool:

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i pretty much live in little mexico over here in pasadena

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I got dibs on Mariah Carey. :D

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The decline in white demographics shouldn't be the concern, but rather the decline in the middle class and the overall disparities between the super wealthy and everyone else.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Just for clarity sake! Which race are the American Hispanics? I ask this because I sometimes say racial when I should be say cultural !