1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLE wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, May 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

1. Mo Williams

2. Trade Juwan + Sura (and draft picks) for Samuel Dalembert

2. Danbury

Danbury Member

Either one of these guys is a giant upgrade over Rafer. I would be excited to hear the Rockets signed Grant Hill, but one, it ain't happenin', two, he'd probably get injured 10 games in and we wouldn't see him on the court for 40 games. Still, a healthy Grant Hill is a high quality player and could give us some bench scoring and spot starts.

3. mcm1150

mcm1150 Member

Splitting the MLE b/t Stackhouse and McDyess/Thomas would only happen in our dreams.

Luke Walton is another unathletic forward.

And say no to Chucky. His size makes him a worse defender than Alston.

I like Mo Williams, but I have a feeling that he might get more than the MLE from some team desperate for a PG.

4. New Jack

New Jack Member

Doesn't look like there are any free agent point guards available that would be a huge improvement. However, there are quite a few swingmen I wouldn't mind signing.

I say trade Battier for a starting point guard and bring in Matt Barnes and Ime Udoka (Shane Battier clone) with the MLE to replace him.

5. spankz141

spankz141 Member

MLE:
    Mo Williams
    Mo Pete
    Gerald Wallace (long shot)
    or split it and try to get SF3 if hez bought out and someone else

Grant Hill for the LLE or vet min.
    or maybe trade Head and 1st for Mike James, not sure about that one.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Stack alone is worth the whole MLE. noway you'll get stack and Dice for the MLE combined. unless you're GM is a witch doctor, forget it.

7. mcm1150

mcm1150 Member

For our MLE
    Sign
    One of: Travis Outlaw, Matt Barnes (in that order)
    and
    One of: Deshawn Stevenson, Ime Udoka, James Posey (in that order)

I would then try and trade Juwon and Luther for Mike James and Eddie Griffin. Of course using Griffin as an expiring contract for later on in the season. We might need to throw in a 2nd rd pick.

Then we draft the best available PF or scorer left.

OR

Sign Mo Williams for MLE (if you do sign Mo, then Rafer could be traded)

Sign Smush Parker or Charlie Bell for the LLE

Trade Luther and our 1st rd pick to move up and get a PF in the draft.

8. fundamentals

fundamentals Member

mo williams will most likely command more than the MLE, but he would be an awesome fit here. my dream for the offseason though would be for us to fire jvg hire rick adelman, trade a bad contract (juwan) and sura and head or something for bibby who is a proven clutch player and thrives under adelmans offensive system. adelman also has experience turning soft unathletic big men into very effective players (miller, divac, webber) i think it is possibly to start bibby, tmac, battier, and bonzi (might re-sign if jvg is gone and i think jvg was more of the problem than bonzi anyway) and yao. the team doesnt need jvg to coach them defensively (he never made any in game adjustments anyway, and they already know to hustle on the defensive end which is half the battle) and adelman could turn that starting 5 into a 105-110 ppg offense with ease. i hope morey can swing something like this. im a big fan of moneyball, but he may know better than i do anyway.

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

With Adelman, i bet bibby might take a paycut to play under him again and alongside yao and tracy. not to mention bonzi would probaly excersise he's player option and return motivated.

10. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets look at Charlie Bell before they examine Atkins any further. Bell is a solid outside spot-up shooter who put up 42% for three a season ago with a respectable 43% for all other fgs. His outside shot regressed a bit this year but still better than Alston in that facet. This guy is good defensively unlike Williams or some of the other free agent options at the one. I still would like to get a significant upgrade at the spot in a perfect world but this guy would definitely be plan B.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

im not that high on atkins. he's ok but overall not really an upgrade over rafer.

12. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I didnt think of that. With JVG gone we might be able to keep bonzi! :D

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sweet we can keep a big, stupid, lazy fat arse! lucky rockets

14. mcm1150

mcm1150 Member

I don't see how we could get Bibby even with Adelman here.

We don't have any valuable assets other than Battier and our MLE would be a huge pay cut. He makes 12.5 million and is 28 yrs old. Sacarmento would be stupid to let him go.

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I dont think he is any of those things.

He is talented. He can create his own shot. and given a chnage to play he would have gotten us out of the first round.

maybe you were looking in the mirror. Your lucky wife!

16. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

i'd love to get mo williams.....then we could dump rafer. Not sure what you could get for Rafer though.

Maybe rafer + battier for a better 4 - the kind that could defend a boozer, get more then 8 boards a game, and hit a 10 foot jump shot. Someone who has more mobility then Yao though. Tough.

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

MO will demand more than the MLE or the full MLE, I just think we need to add more depth and not look for one guy that can save us, we tried doing that with Stromile and it failed on us

18. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Lol you do know that if carter opts out, he's looking for a paul pierce type deal (60 mill/3years) right?

19. dram1

dram1 Member

Why would he? "Well Mr. Owner of the Nets...you will pay me many millions if I stay here in New Jersey for one more year...but, I wanna go to Houston, get less money, just to play with my cousin. Oh...and they got that coach that preaches nothing but defense...and you know I have always wanted to be all about defense!"

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I love Duke players, but GHill hates Tmac. He's actually the one who created the nickname MeMac.