1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Tracy MacGrady!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseBlade, May 6, 2007.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

He gave it all to this team, carried them while Yao was out. At that time, he was just coming out of his own injures.

I won't blame him. After all, he still performed the best among all Rox players in this season. Without his passing and scoring, the series won't even be close.

He is the best player of this team, however, he is not the leader type of player and he takes too much burden during the whole season. This team desperately need players like Sura, James, Barry. They need them badly.

2. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Thank you T-Mac. As long as we don't make any major changes detrimental to the team like getting rid of JVG, trading Yao, or trading T-Mac, we WILL get past the 1st round next year if we can stay healthy.

3. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

on behalf of my whole family, Tmac we love you!.
    don't let it break your heart,don't let it drag you to some dark places..at least i believe in you!

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

hanks mac and yao. remember yao prior to hes knee injury?. he was probaly the most dominante player in the league. dont sell our big lion short. he tried he's guts out to.

5. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Mac wears his heart on his sleeves and will forever be one of my favourites.

Hopefully he comes back stronger next year and this disappointment doesn't affect his love for the organisation

Thank you Tracy

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was debating whether or not to post this, but screw it.

I'm good friends with a couple of NBA league office marketing people who have worked there for a while, and they say that Tracy's nice guy image is a total sham. According to them, he treats people like sh-t when the cameras are off and has a tremendous ego, among the very worst in the league. Blows people off, hates doing publicity so he stands people up, acts arrogant when he does like he's doing a great favor, etc in a way that other players don't.

I know, unverified source, I'm just posting it cause it's what I heard.

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Big ups to T-Mac,

He played like a player on the verge of greatness. Next year he needs to work on his intermediate jumpers and take it to the hole more so, his game will be more well rounded.

If he can shoot 45%+ and 75-80% from the line, then that alone should buy us 4-6 more wins next year.

Bottom line, super job saving our regular season from being garbage. Rocket fans here and all around the world salute your efforts. ;)

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

So in other words he has an NBA level ego? :)

Actually I have seen hints at this in various interviews/pressers that I've seen so I wouldn't be surprised. Still doesn't change the fact that he is our best player.

9. dram1

dram1 Member

;) I am glad someone started this thread.

Definitely...thank you T MAC.

You are the face of this Franchise....Just as was Dream when he was playin, you are our team, and I truly enjoy watching you play in Rocket red. I would hate to ever see you play in anything other than a Rocket uni.

I know it must really suck to go into the offseason with a positive mentality after such a devestating series. But...we believe you will put the spotlight back on Houston again...in the NBA Finals.

Here's to a great season...and to next season...only five or six months away man! ;)

10. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

For the second playoff series, McGrady did his best which was far better than any other players on this team. Best wishes in the offseason, this is NOT on you.

11. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

What a dumb post. If that were the case, we would have heard about it by now. Tmac is a nice guy, a family guy. He isn't a thug out at the clubs every night, you never hear about him being in any trouble, packing a gun, hanging out a strip clubs. The guy has been in the league for a long time now. Just realized SamFisher posted this, I don't expect anything less from him, I feel dumb for responding to this.

12. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Thank You Tmac. You give me a reason to watch this team. I've been a NBA fan for 15 years and a fan of the game of basketball. You are my favortie player of all time. The 13 in 33 game shows what you are capable of. I will never forget that special moment. I'm so very sad right now over this loss, but looking on the bright side, I cannot believe you took this crappy team to the 4th best record in the western conference, that is an amazing feat in itself.

You trusted your teammates too much in the end, in this jazz playoff series. You should have taken every shot down the stretch. Nobody would have thought you were selfish like Kobe. I'd rather you take a shot with 4 guys on you than Rafer to take one wide open.

Keep your head up and come back stronger next year, hopefully they will put some better talent around you. Thanks for all you did this year for this team.

13. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Thank You Tracy McSoftie.

for completely ignoring what you said before the season started and how you're emotions got the best of you.

its very siting that you would cry after you looked tough before the series yelling at Stephen A. Smith with something to prove while only thing you got was a fishing trip.

i love you alot as a basketball player but you're attitude is one of the worst in the league and you're compassion is non-existent.

if anything look in the mirror of you're crossed-eyes and realize that talking does not make things badly no matter how dedicated you are.

the game does.

thanks for letting down these poor Rocket fans that have been waiting for sucess for so long LOSER!

14. ivanbbss

ivanbbss Member

Thank you , T-mac!

15. marciagong

marciagong Member

Tmac, don't be sad. Thank you for a wonderful season though it did not work out for us. We still believe you and we love you. I sincerely hope that next year will be your year.

16. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

thank everyone in this team. it takes five! :D

17. getready

getready Member

wow, shocking to read this.....never expected this

18. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Good post and great thread Franchise Blade. I agree- we are lucky to have Tracy and he put it all out there for his team.

It was hard playing such a physical series in the 1st round. I support Tracy McGrady and appreciate his efforts.

19. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Petty - spiteful and small.

I had to go to a funeral last week for an older person in my industry-market. He was a total crook without any ethics, morals, or principles. No one there spoke ill of him despite the fact that his insanely cheap bidding strategies lowered the cost of work and profits in previously rich accounts. By himself this guy screwed it up for everyone.

No one brought up his sorry practice of getting people in trouble, bankrupting his company, stealing, or paying off customers. Man had few redeeming qualities. We all said our prayers and consoled his family.

You do not kick somebody in the teeth when they are down.

Let it go......

#59 TBar, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

pain?
    Did I miss a report?

Rocket River