1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/5/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

I think the problem with Yao is his athletic. He ris really moving as a old person who is 70 years old. Booze id too wuick for him, too strong...That's easy to take the ball from yao, he cannot handle it good, he can't move and whan he is attacking you can easy take a charge on him

I know he is 7-6 but he need to work hard in that offseason

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Get lost you bandwagon fairweather dumb biach...

4. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

5. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

6. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Easier for people if they don't like download: from VC Online DH12

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxT0zI2W7Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxT0zI2W7Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>​

:(

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

T-Mac I know that's painfull but do not worry. Last year we did not make the PO now we do. We finish in the 1st round but do not worry. We have to play another great season and we'l get better then the forst ound. Do now worry there are a lot of seasons in front of you guy!

8. Zinc

Zinc Member

No, he does not have that luxury. It is time for both T-MAC and Rockets to think about something to do next season. As for MAC, just want to say: be strong, man, when life brings you lemon, make some lemonette.

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Look at Mavs...

We have to wait until the next season starts. In this season we showed that we are a great team, we can win easily 50+ games. But it doesnt always go your way. Sometimes you are hot sometimes not. We did better in that season. Now we should wait and I;m sure we'll make 2nd round

10. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

DDDDAAAAAMMMNNNNNN. Man to be honest the Jazz just have the better team, we the better player. The first one always win. Make some good offseason moves and be back next year.

Remember this: All this losing right now is for the american dream story ish in about two years the man that couldnt get out of the 1st round for so long has finally won the championship (I hope).

11. Madman George

Madman George Member

any quotes form the other rockets? thanx

12. Jacky

Jacky Member

Yes, a lot efforts need to be paid in the offseason for Yao, and also for the others, especially for JVG. I think there are two men should be responsible for the perfect play of Boozer in the offensing end: Yao and JVG. JVG is outplayed by his opponent.

13. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Just so mad right now.

Mad at Yao's addictive computer gaming lifestyle.
    Chuck Hayes shortness.
    Luther Head's shortness.
    Fonzi Wells fat***.

Things Yao needs to work on in the offseason respectively.

1. Dribbling the goddam ball with one hand and a defender on him.
    2. Other moves than the stupid jumper
    3. Lateral movement
    4. World of Warcraft Problem

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I consider us fortunate the series went to seven games. It was a gutsy effort given the talent level of the Rockets compared to what they were up against in the Jazz. In the end, Houston's defense really couldn't stop the Jazz offense...which was fluid with movement and really effective at scoring. The Rockets offense was just a disjointed mess most of the series...in large part attributable to the defense by Utah. It just goes to show that the regular season really isn't a good indicator of how your team will perform in the playoffs when the pressure is really on and the game is knocked up several notches in intensity. Even though Utah was clearly the better team, the Rockets almost pulled it off. So, my hat is off to both teams. The most disappointing thing for me most of the series is the Rockets just played like an inconsistent mess for the most part on both ends. The team never really clicked at all this series. Utah did.

15. jogo

jogo Member

Good post.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

HAHAHA Thats awesome buddy. that was great. FUNNY stuff... i loved it.

17. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

we had 5 chances to win 2 games!!!!!!!!!!!!! [3 road and 2 home] and we get 1..

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ok, I'm still f'n PO'd, as we should have won...They just exposed our weaknesses and maybe t-mac is jinxed...He just didn't take control like a superstar should have...Neither did Yao...Reminds me of Dirk...

Now, the interview shows how he feels which as sad as it is, it is a good thing...he wants to win and with a new coach, it'll happen...I truly think that you have to had hardship to become truly great...

Fock the Jazzholes...Go Warriors...

19. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

I am one of the biggest fans of Yao in the world.

Rather, I was, he has shown lots of heart and determination, went at it with everything he had, played hurt, BUT, a huge BUT. It's not enough. The game has changed and the immoble big man is not going to be effective in this NBA.

Before, the rule changes, Yao would have done very well. The double team MUST be commited or it's a violation. Now, a quick player can fake it or do it last second or better yet just double team before he got the ball. If there were 5 "players" on the Rockets, then they can't do this becuase whoever they left unguarded will kill them. We have 2 and Battier, who doen't do anything other than shoot 3pts (very well). Alston is not a thread becuase he is not accurate enough to hurt the other team. Make a 3 and miss the next 5 is good odds for the other them. You know about Hayes, good hustle but really not a scoring threat.

This series, Utah used single coverage with Okur most of the time, which should have meant Yao murders them. He didn't. Yao got killed. All the points in the world is no good if you turn the ball over 8 times a game and you're not creating. He losses the ball, just does.

He also, for a big man, does not rebound well. He gets the ball when it falls to him but if contested, he loses more often than not. That last rebound when he fought with Booser is the whole serises in a nutshell. Yao had the ball in his sights, wanted it as bad as Booser, but Booser just out jumped him. Booser, gave up 8 inches in height but just out jumped Yao.

I do hope Yao still continue to get better, he has for the last 4 years. I wish him well but I realize that he is not going to be the next great hope for the Rockets. It's not his fault really, he just came into this league too late.

In retrospect, if I can do the 2002 draft again, Yao would not be the best player taken. That jumping bean playing on the Suns is. That guy has an outside shot now. Something that Yao came into this league with but has apperently lost. That is a shame. If you cannot be effect outside of 8 feet, you are not really that good, especally if you are slow. Maybe it's the coach thinking Yao would be the "inside threat" and made Yao forget how he has range out to 3pt land.

JVG must go, he needs to retire so we get a new coach taht would allow Yao to be even more effective.

20. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

Great post about Yao there. I agree- the only people I would call "untouchable" on this roster would be T-Mac, Battier, and maybe Deke, as he would be such a valuable backupt to ANY center in this league. I used to defend Yao and say how good he's going to be for our future, but at this point, I would say let's run a quick, strong, athletic 4 at the 5 position and let the chips fall where they may. Yao for KG?