1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/5/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. LostInVA

LostInVA New Member

Flopping? You have Battier. No room to talk.

I'm not here to bash, just wanted to say thanks for the great game and great series. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and think you still have a great team. I thought it was two good teams going head-to-head. Like a prize-fight, both teams exchanged punches, giving their best shots. I don't think you should be too hard on your team. A play here or there could've changed the outcome. Keep it up, you'll have another chance next year.

2. Zeeshan

Zeeshan Contributing Member

Thanks! Appreciate the support and kind words, nevermind these other people who dont have anything nice to say.....I for one appreciate you coming on here and encouraging us.

3. dividend

dividend Member

I know you're responding to an upset fan that unnecessarily namecalled, but let me get a point across. Okur flops with the best of them. Fisher is a known flopper though I didn't see that in this series and gained a lot of respect from him for that. Battier is a great team defender and if you have Boozer lowering his shoulder into him, he's going to fall down. He's one of the best at drawing charges and RARELY is it a flop. Okur on the other hand randomly flails his arms and jerks his head back to try and sell calls to the officials. Good job, they fell for them.

4. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

he had 15 points in the fourth..... he did his part, although he could do more

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yao came on at the end, but all the energy we put into cutting that 16pt deficit was due to yao. we went to yao early and he failed us. on both ends.

there's a reason this stat was shown on TNt

-15 with yao on the floor
    + 5 with yao out

again, like everyone said, yao was the advantage we CLEARLY had over the jazz. he was supposed to be unstoppable. cause havoc to help tracy. he didn't do that.

i really think yao has to improve on 2 things w/ his offensive game: find ways to get better position and stop shooting outside of 8 ft.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

But for T-Mac to say he could have done more requires some serious nitpicking. Between the points and assists, McGrady accounted for all but nine of the Rockets' field goals, an immense offensive load that helps explain why even his best wasn't quite good enough tonight.

from Hollinger's statboy.

tmac played well. that's as dominant of one player on one team as it can get.

7. Jacky

Jacky Member

Yeah, we could not ask one player perform perfectly when he is facing tough defending. What we need now is more scorning options. Why did Utah outplay us? Because they got Boozer, they got Williams, they got Okur, AK-47. Whenever some one's hand is cold others could stand out. But what about our team, T-Mac, Yao, sometimes Battier, then who?

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Look beyond the points and both our stars had sub par games in my mind in a few certain parts. Yao missed freethrows he normally hits, so did McGrady.

There are a couple things on Mcgrady that are lingering with me the whole time. We got the Jazz in the penalty with 6 minutes left to go in the game. THat's when T-Mac came back in the game. He could have taken it to the hole strong and drew fouls instead of settling for jumpers that sort of killed the rally.

There were also about 3 layups that he missed becuase he tried to draw the foul instead of go up strong. I know he wants the and 1 but come on finish when you go the hole.

Lastly I totally confused on what happened on the last play of the game. Did he not know to foul at that point.

Those hating on rafer, he brought us back in the 4th with 2 steals and that 3. He didn't shoot well but he brought the energy we needed right there at the end. I had a feeling when he slipped and lost the ball that something was just going wrong...

Im still hurt and i don't know what to say. Maybe im nit picking but when you have the team in the penalty with that much time...we should have been drawing fouls not settling....another dissapointing season.

9. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I'm very curious in Les Alexander's opinion right now. :)

10. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

11. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

In a nutshell! The level headed fans see this now, even though every Rockets fan felt, or at least believed, McGrady and Yao were up to the task of transcending the play of our truly weak supporting cast (excluding Battier). I don't know if JVG needs to go, I'm not sure if that's the answer...we need the personnel, not the coaching.

and to LostinVA: I must say I really like your team a whole lot more than the Malone/Stockton era. Williams and Boozer are class guys, as well as Kirilenko (maybe I'm in the minority, but the crying bit increased my respect for him) and Okur (i gained much respect for Okur when he admitted during the halftime interviews of Game 6 when he declared he overreacted to Juwan Howard's foul). I too think we're only a player or two away...were you guys not playing Golden State, I'd root for Utah to beat Phoenix & San Antonio.

If you really look at Game 7, everyone chipped in what you'd expect...and that game was CLOSE. We barely lost to a barely better team... Utah is going to get blown out a game or two vs. Golden State because they too have issues with 'closing out', and they occasionally lack identity.

Anyhow, good luck to Utah. Cant believe I'm saying that, but that's how I'm going to be getting my sleep at night.

12. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

13. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

;)

It's O.K to cry Tracy, brave men cry..... :(

14. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

im sitting here reading dont kill myself books.....(wedding crashers)

16. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Why does he have to go back to China? What about just telling him to leave the team if he doesn't play well enough? You are a moron.

17. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

eat #*$& A-hole

18. Fatty FatBastard

Nit-picking, my ass! Changes need to be made. Everyone was way too "okay" with this loss.

19. Fatty FatBastard

We're disgusted with Yao.

I'll trade him for Nowitski, or a bag of ruffles right now.

I'm hungry.

20. Fatty FatBastard

delete, albeit sadly...

Yao needs to go.