1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/5/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I just don't understand why Yao can't dominate Okur, OKUR!, one on one. Where's the baseline spin move? Where's the drop step in the lane?

We're damn lucky to only be down by 10 at half time. We need to ramp up our intensity 10x, and stop hoping that Utah blows it.

I think we should play Rafer, Tracy, and Battier the whole second half. Forget about bringing in Luther Head -- he's absolutely useless. When Yao's in the game, he should be the second option. We aren't going to win this game running the offense through him. McGrady needs to be unbelievably special for us to have a chance.

2. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

clyde: THIS IS GAME 7!!!11 WE NEED TO WIN LOL

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

This halftime is the crossroads of JVG's Rocket career.

I'm not sure we can win with Yao guarding Boozer the rest of the game. If Yao was dominating on O, then maybe you can live with the liability. We could put him on Okur, but if he is on, then its going to be lights out.

What is JVG going to do? Should be an interesting second half.

All i know is, this isn't on T-Mac. You can't ask for more than 15 pts and 9 assists at the half.

4. cc2002

cc2002 Member

Same here. This game so far does not bode well for rockets. Hopefully Tracy has a miracle T-MAC night in the second half..

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

DD, come on man,, at least you have to see what i'm talking about with involving Boozer on the PnRs.

Everyone else is talking about Yao.

Why am I the only one mad that we stopped running this play for no reason?

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yeah, that happened when we went small.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

please don't run things through yao again. when the ball is in his hands, i cringe.

run everything through tmac. if u want yao to touch the ball, it's off the pick and roll. no more isos.

8. yellaman

yellaman Member

enough of the steve francis crap!! if steve francis bought in to the plan, he'd be a rocket, instead he's out of the door like bonzi! steve francis wouldve had 10 turnovers already, we wouldve been down my 37 points by now because deron williams wouldve eaten his lunch!

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's not like the scheme hasn't been proven quite well. 3rd best defensive efficiency, lowest fg%, 3rd or so in points. it's not like we just faked our way to those numbers. and we've ****ing held utah's offense in check most of this series. held it way down a few times. they're just hitting and we're making some mistakes.

and for AstroRocket, yes i don't know why we stopped running that play either. it was working.

10. Jacky

Jacky Member

What are you guys doing in the Toyato Center?! Are you coming to a concert?! It's tooooo quiet! :mad: Noisy,please!!!

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You know, the memory on this board is non existant.

In game 1, we we're down by 9 at the half. We only scored 13 points in that 2nd quarter. We won. The sky is not falling. What were those posters they handed out during the first championship run? Oh yeah!

WE BELIEVE!

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Dude, read my other posts. We had one play that was working EVERY SINGLE TIME!

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Great point. That play is f@cking gravy

14. newera

newera Member

Yes, go Rockets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

In the REGULAR season......I am saying that over 7 games, they need to have some NEW WRINKLES to stop the other team from getting comfortable.

You know....make some adjustments.

DD

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

because JVG's offense sucks this bad.

shooters dump the hot rock to Yao,
    Yao holds,
    shooters hide,
    Yao shoots,
    shooters "phew"
    Clang.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

how can we say tmac has help when the other star doesn't draw a jack of double teams? and he still sucks.

it's said when charles said tmac has to go crazy for us to win. i thought that was said when he was in orlando.

my goodness.

18. Benwolf

Benwolf Member

Yao, I know you are a nice guy, I know you are harding working, I know you cares a lot about this team and games. But, you are just not good enough for the playoffs, which means you can not bring us anything we want, but hurting instead.So, please go back to CBA, I wish you good luck, and I am sure you can still dominate that league hands down, it is good for anybody.

19. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Yao, go back to China!

20. Gutter

Gutter Member

Rockets about to go fishing