1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take Notes from the WARRIORS!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gummi Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

I have never in my life seen a homecrowd so damn loud or rowdy. Im pretty sure if we had that, Utah would have no chance

2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Thing is, the Warriors have been so bad for so long, they dont have the "suits" taking up all the floor seats. Real fans are able to get those tickets.

It makes a difference when 1/3rd of your crowd is too good to put their Red shirt over their tie.

3. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

the goldenstate warriers are a fun team to watch they ran hard up and down the court the whole game running and gunning ;)

4. will2km

will2km Member

Also the rox fans all around the world, teletransport our wills the TC!

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

peep holes...it's impossible to beg the fans to be raucous or even wear red. they WON'T do it. game 1 looked dead, game 2 (which i attended) looked dead, game 5 looked dead. the effing corporate people who wear their baby blue dress shirts to the game (hello? you're wearing JAZZ colors!) annoy me beyond anything. i just wish everyone would have put on the red shirts in game 2. everyone. :(

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Sammiched in between Tony Homo's bobble. Haha! They benched the Greatest Quarterback in History, Drew Bledsoe, for a Veggie burger eatin' pansy like Homo.

...Go Eagles

7. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

I believe/heard that Comcast donated those yellow We-Believe T-Shirts to handout to the fans. So where are the Red-Shirts?

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

What are you talking about? J. Rich didn't get healthy until last month, Davis has been in and out due to injury; don't forget Jackson and Harrinton just joined the team. Only Davis was the starter last year.

When they got REAL healthy near the end of the season, they went 9-1, won all the road games against good teams, only lost at SA. Don't forget more than half of their major players were not even with the team last season, neither JR, nor BD played than many games due to injury. The Rockets 1-2 vs GS, even the Suns was run out of the gym by the Warriors during their last meeting.

That team is too talent, too fast for the Rockets. We will be run out of the gym if meet them in the second round.

9. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

Because the boring style that JVG's team plays turns the crowd off?

10. ivanbbss

ivanbbss Member

Warriors' Crowd

:mad:
    anyone thinks if we have the crowd warriors have,we will win easily tomorrow?

11. ACL1

ACL1 Member

yes, i do

12. JD2010

JD2010 Member

HELL YEAH!
    I'm going to tonites game!

and if it takes me and my friend starting a fight with one of the jazz players to get them ejected..

WE WILL.

preferably CARLOS LOOZER

13. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

FORGET IT!!!

our crowd will never be like warriors crowd!!! NEVER!!!

i have tried it..... trust me, i have started fights for stupid passive fans to get up out of their seats to cheer... and no luck!!!

houston has no middle ground.... either we are too hardcore fans, or not fans at all!!!

sad thing is, most lower level ppl go to games to have a fun night out, not to get into the game and cheer for the team!!!

EVERY single warriors fan was up on their seat. it would be a dream come true if houston had that same level of enthusiasm. its only a dream though.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It was like that in the championship years.

DD

15. ekim

ekim Member

Just no MVP chants please...

You want to be stubborn? Fine, do it next season.

16. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I am tired of hearing about the damn Warriors around here.

It's the Warriors this, the Warriors that.

It's..

"We need to take notes from the Warriors"

"We can't beat the Warriors"

"We need some of the Warriors players"

Now it's..

"Why can't Houston's crowd be like the Warriors crowd"

How about we just move the Houston Rockets to Golden State?

How about that?

Or.. I have a better one.

Lets just keep the Houston Rockets here in Houston and have the crowd as loud and supportive as they have been for home playoff games.

I think that'll work. :rolleyes:

This was in response to ivanbbss thread about this same topic which I believe was just merged

#36 Texas Stoke, May 5, 2007
    Last edited: May 5, 2007
  17. blackistan

blackistan Member

We will never be like the warrior fans they stood up the entire 2nd half of game 6 and it seemed like they were standing the whole series ill just be happy if we stand up for a few minutes during the game

18. itzIce

itzIce Member

On A BLOOD RED CROWD...

I believe RED Shirts were donated to the lower bowl/section of the TC in the recent home games .....

The only thing is that a good percentage of ticket holders in that section decline to be ROWDY and put the RED shirts on simply because:

a) Don't realize the magnitude of playoff game; they are just there to have fun.
    b) Just there because someone gave them tickets and they don't know a thing about playoff basketball.
    c) RED Shirt looks cheap and came to the game wearing something they actually picked out a for that game that is NON-ROCKETS.
    d) Women want to show their "goods" by coming in a "sexy" outfit. Men care less about the shirts because they wanna impress those women by wearing suits....

Just my observation and opinion.

BE RED AND GO ROCKETS !!!!!

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

probably because most of them are a bunch of stiffs and aren't even real fans. Can't say that about Oracle Arena. Almost everyone from every section was wearing yellow and screaming their heads off.
    They need some zappers installed on TC corporate seats just so they can stand up and make some noise. :mad:

20. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

The Houston crowd has definitely been great for the playoffs but it just can't compare to the home crowds of the Warriors, Jazz, Mavericks, and even the Suns nowadays.

Usually, when they start slipping, or they are down a few, the crowd still start cheering and stand up to push the team on.

If the Rockets were down a few, or slipping, the crowd (for the most part - no offense to all the guys/gals who do cheer loud and long) would be dead silent.

Anyways there's a whole list of things, but Toyota Center has stepped up its game for the playoffs, just not as much as other arenas. That's fine I guess...