1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is a man, a tough, noble, big man!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigEleven, May 4, 2007.

1. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

what about you just stop watching tmac play then? tmac has a bigger heart than yours. leave tmac alone, moron! :mad:

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The truth at last!!:p

3. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Yao is the only player in the history of NBA that has the toughness to play through injuries without complaining. :rolleyes:

4. marciagong

marciagong Member

Unfortunately, I remember reading a report that he would not be fully recovered until next season, he is only ~75% now.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I have faith in Yao. I think he will play better at home. This is the most important game in a decade for us. This game could be the beginning of the something special...you never know

6. JLB

JLB Member

Not many want to think about the injury and the missed time. He missed a big part of the season why the rest of the NBA was getting stronger. Once he came back there is no way to match the growth of the others. I can clearly see a difference in Yao after the injury.

However, I want him to use his experience and over come some of the limitations of his lost strength. He still has giving us enough to win, just our role players need to step it up.

7. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

He is worry because he is having way too many TOs. He needs to get the ball closer and get the ball so he doesn't have to dribble.

Okur is single covering and guessing the dribble right most of the time because he knows if Yao has to dribble, it's with his right hand.

Yao needs to do cuts instead of plant because he is not getting the ball deep enough for him to be comfortable.

On defense, he is just not fast enough to guard Booser. Not his fault but by design by the coach. If he guard Okur, Okur wouldn't be shooting anything. But then the interior would be wide open.

The switch is not helping Yao on defense. It may get worse in the Warriors series because Nelly will have a samll quick guy on Yao and they won't be playing in the paint.

8. Northside Moss

Its mental. You can tell Yao is forcing jumpshots because he's afraid of being stripped.

...That, and the fact that people (i.e LUTHA) can't seem to give Yao a proper entry pass.

9. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, Big Yao is playing with a bleeding toe, as alot of his fans knew......

He also had to play against those rough and tough defenders that kept elbowing, shovelling, hand-checking, body-checking, pushing and pulling without foul calls coming.

But to suggest anything he is weak, soft and without heart??

http://sports.sohu.com/20070504/n249848132.shtml

He told the press right after Game 6: "Don't ask me how I view Game 7, or can I cope with the pressure. Every player will just tell you, "I'll be ready and I can cope with the pressure and we will do fine." Let the Game 7 result tell you my answer. (I'll let my action do the talking instead). We (Tracy and I) are at the junction of our professional career. There is no retreat for me, him and this team now (Utah Jazz in the same situation). It all depends on the player himself....how he plays and how hard he tries .... "

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh yeah, you really believe. i don't until I see some proof (via stick figures...lol)

11. Northside Moss

Uh...uh...

Fine.

[​IMG]

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I can care less what he say and think, just for once in this whole series -- shooting over 50% at home, and yes, don't turn it over!

13. magus_Doc

magus_Doc Member

[​IMG]

14. ikfit

ikfit Member

Partially agree. Tmac will try everything he can Sat. night. Just hope he can hit his jumper from start to the end and hits some Tmac type long range shots.

For Yao, Yes, I never doult yao's heart. It is talent. He is 7'6, you expect him run fast as a guard? He do need adjust his play in the game but don't bash his heart or say he is soft.
    No matter what I belive we will win tommorrow and Tmac, Yao, .... all our players will have a great game and blow them out.

Go Rox.

15. jordan_hx

jordan_hx Member

Fully agree~~~

16. istream

istream Member

when did yao start doing this fadeaway jump shot from the freethrow line move? its a ridicilous option given the other moves he can use. I loved it when he would just rise over the defender and shoot directly over him. its no secret, fadeaway lowers % unless you are kobe or MJ.

17. rocketshopeful

I like Yao's powerful words..For his and tracy's sake, I hope they are not just words, and that him and tracy actually ball out tommorow. Man i cant take another tmac choke job.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Hopefully since we're at home, he'll finally get some calls. Listen, the less calls the refs appear to be calling, the more aggressive the Jazz will be in their attack on Yao, make no mistake about it. If called fairly, Yao will go crazy tomorrow.

20. KidMaven

KidMaven Member

Yao needs to practice catching the ball. Also he should be more agressive with rebounding. So many times i see him just give opponents the rebound because the ball is going there way. I see more agressiveness in his game but i still see a timid shy player afraid to unleash the beast.

Im calling you out Yao. CAN YOU UNLEASH THE BEAST???