1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RichRocket, Oct 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A few of my favorite:

Race mixing is cool
    Whitey will pay
    My television loves me
    Bomb the mall
    Read banned books
    Call in sick
    Graffitti makes sense
    F*ck art lets kill (extra favorite of mine)
    "They" own my ass

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I always thought it was...

F*uck art, lets DANCE!

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

"Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you're an @$$hole"

And in the state of Colorado, my personal favorite:

"Welcome to Colorado, 49th in funding schools!"

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here are a couple of funny ones that I'd never actualy use:

"An erection is not considered personal growth"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and from the they 'Sticker/Logo type shirt' category:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one that I actualy own (though I'd be to embarased to actualy wear it anywhere)

[​IMG]

Finaly Rich Rocket, some of those are actualy pretty good (and new to me), though I like the ones that make you think like " The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you." much more than the cute type like 'God grades on the cross, not the curve.'

#24 Ottomaton, Oct 20, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2001
  5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I think Space Ghost didn't read my post.

At what point am I being a hypocrite? I conceded that it was probably inappropriate (yet funny as hell, I feel fine saying, for reasons below). Did you not read that?

BTW, by no means do I really believe that joking about my own culture, about my own family, about views that I held at one point in my life... by no means do I think that that ridiculing something that I was that intimate with is anywhere nearly comparable to the damage that racism and homophobia have done to our culture. Nice analogy though. :eek:

The sad thing is, Space Ghost, is that you invariably appeal to these 'liberal/conservative' distinctions when it's time 'for you to make a point'. At least that's what I assume you're doing... there isn't exactly a discussion about racism or homophobia going on in this thread. I don't particularly remember talking about jokes about various races or homosexuals... so I suppose that you are impugning me w/ views that you assume that I have. So you've invariably gone back to the world of 'liberal' does this or that. Doesn't that seem empty to you? I'm a hell of a lot more dynamic than those labels convey. Those labels seem like something for simpletons, to be honest. Only a mental midget could actually take the full spectrum of beliefs and appeal to a single dogma.

Another weird thing, is that I believe you actually have made points about people of some race or people of some sexual orientation on this site. So which is it? Were you wrong before in your previous statements and have come to your current peaceful viewpoint? Were you correct before, and subsequently should say irreverent things in this thread? Or does none of that matter in the world of "ooh ooh, I get to argue w/ a 'liberal'".

*sigh*.

#25 Achebe, Oct 20, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2001
  6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

A couple of religious one's I thought were funny:

Atheist Dislexic's Don't Believe in Dog

God's Coming Back and <i>She's</i> Pissed

Nuggets4: Than a$$hole one is hilarious!

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Jeff, I liked that one too.

I saw one a few days ago that said:

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will accidentally shoot their children"

8. rompa

rompa Member

Jesus save me from your followers

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

LOL Nuggets! rompa!

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

lol, this is all so funny, b****ing included.

Only things I can think of right now:

Religion is the opium of the people.

and those stupid buildboards that read:

Thou shalt not kill
    - God

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am very glad there are posters who find humor at religion's expense....

I think it's great..... It's great because so many people here derive a source of happiness from the concept of religion and Christ.....and this very fact is good. It's good because the concept of religion and Christ has made a positive difference in so many lives!

Now, there may be some who say "hey, I think religion is such a joke and find it worthwhile to dispel a worthless concept, so I am gonna put my time and effort in making a mockery of this lunacy, ain't I cool?" .............Well, I don't agree with it, but it's gonna take more than pics of a defaced Jesus to be shocked and upset.....after all, how can I be upset when I KNOW MY RELIGION IS HAVING SUCH A POSITIVE ASPECT IN YOUR LIFE!!!

After all, here you are spending your precious time, and resources on the matter of GOD, and religion. This subject obviously is so noteworthy to you, and this is good. It really, really is.....I am happy for everyone being here. In fact, GOD bless you all.....You may think so little of my religion, but here you are gaining happiness, joy, and laughter!

In fact, if you can continue to have happiness, joy, and laughter by tearing apart religion, and GOD.....then do it! enjoy it! Hell, masturbate to the pics for all I care.

I don't agree with it, nor do I think it's right....but what makes me happy is knowing my religion is a tremendous source of happiness in your life.....maybe, the only real happiness in your life.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Try this. Take your name out and look at it from a 3rd person's perspective. Now if you can do this, you can stop taking this so personal. (i will admit, it seemed like I was only speaking to you) I was speaking to everyone, using your quote to support me ("...but obviously offensive...")

I never said anything about liberal/conserative points of view. (racism is neither POV's, neither is religion) So you can go ahead and jump off that wagon. Yes, I have made said my thoughts about the examples I gave, but I never damned anyone. Don't make me look like a bigot.

14. outlaw

outlaw Member

Do you feel the same way when religious people put down non-believers? (which has happened to me personally)

15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Man, too much tension in this thread.

Lets tone it down a bit, talk about something a bit less important.

Hm... I know!

How bout them Cowboys!

Everybody who's not a Cowboys fan loves to hate the Cowboys, me as much as the next guy. It's a hard thing to put into words, why the Cowboys elicit such hatred from non-Cowboys fans. There are no so-so fans. It's either love 'em or hate 'em.

And me? I hate the Cowboys. Can't stand them. Who ever the Cowboys are playing this week? That's my favorite team.

But, between you and me, I have a bit of a confession to make. As much as I love to hate the Cowboys I actually like to watch them play at least until this year (but that's another story entirely...)

There, I said it. I like the Cowboys team. But it doesn't mater. The problem is, no matter how much I love to watch them play on Sunday, I'd still have to wake up on Monday and listen to the eternal self-important prattle of Cowboys fans.

THAT is why, no matter how much I love the team, I could never see fit to call myself a Cowboys fan. The team itself is irrelivent. The 'culture' of the Dallas Cowboys and Cowboys fans is something wouldn't be caught dead associating myself with.

But, then I digress.... Were we talking about religion or something....

16. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I've always liked this one: <b>Jesus saves. Moses invests</b>.

This has certainly been a tortuous thread. My intent was to inject a little light humor for our enjoyment. Yet, it turns sour and sometimes viscious.

I can laugh about aspects of my own faith, but there is a point where it becomes disrespectful. I've tried not to cross that line and some only intend to cross that line.

What are you going to do?

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i actually bought one of those 'jesus loves you but everyone else thinks you're an *******' sticker when i was in america few years ago. i was worried about paying for it since the cashier was this tiny old lady (hence in my young mind a devout christian) and i dont look christian nor american.
    the first thing she did when i handed it to her was laugh and she said 'this is one my fave'.

18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

AAAGGHHH!!!!

Guilt overwhelms me
    I agree that this thread which once started out all bunny rabbits and lollypops has quickly gone south. I'm am ashamed for my part in this.

I would suggest perhaps the lessson to be learned here is that the world in general probably views these cute little phrases with a great deal more cynicism than those who are fond of quoting them would like.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hmm, I don't know. Give me an example maybe. Of course I don't think it's okay for people to get insulted for no reason. I just generally think there are people doing a lot worse things out there and therefore more worthy of disdain than those who are religious.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I agree with Rich. Im pretty tolerant when it comes to my faith. You can pretty much make cracks about religion or different peope in the bible or peoples idea's in general. Heck, I have plenty of my own.

When someone makes a mockary, perverts and/or crude joke regarding God/Jesus/Holy Spirt, then thats when I get pissed off.