1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/5/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I shake your hand and welcome you to ClutchFans, but behind my back I draw the powerful sword of trolls.

2. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Great test for the team and the home crowd.

This series has proven that both teams are rather equal. Some say Rockets have more talent but it's water down by very rough play (no calls).

With that being said, I think the refs will be calling tonight and with the home crowd, the Rockets will win by 10.

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Simmons predicts another loss for the good guys. The only part I disagree with is that our loss will be "shocking" ;)

Three more predictions: Jersey handly thumping Toronto Friday night; Mayweather taking a decision from De La Hoya; and Utah shocking Houston in Game 7. By the way, are we really prepared to live in a basketball world where Nowitzki is the reigning MVP and Sam Mitchell (badly exposed in the Nets series) is the "Coach of the Year"?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

4. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

No matter what happens, at least we're not Dallas.

[​IMG]

5. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

That Simmons fella never liked the Rockets so who's surpised? You?

Whoever said these 2 teams are well matched is correct. A fight to the finish in Game 7.

Just be glad the Rockets did just enough to have HCA. This will prove to be the difference. This a some decent shooting by the role players and Yao.

Hey, Yao, it's Game 7, do or die, let it all hang out and get it inside, do some delay pumps, AK47 is jumping on everything on weakside help.

And TMAC, it's on you so be the man!

6. sino

sino Contributing Member

Almost everyone in the business has counted Rockets out. M&M in ESPN said that if Jass won in Houston, blah,blah..... Steve Kerr said that Warrior will handle Jass or Rockets with no problem.....

But I hope this group of people to show the world they are wrong! Never overlook a Champ's HEART!

No panic when trailing. No relax when leading. We need a killer of instinct to nail Jass down...

Go rockets!

7. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Hey, is Howard going to be punished for making contact with Bavetta and/or what he said after the game? It might be a fine.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If our outside shooters are doing their job- making 15 three pointers then Yao and Tracy will do a much better job. If the rest of the team is not demanding coverage it makes it twice the work for Yao and T Mc. If we are going to play Golden State its about time that the OTHERS stepped it up about five notches as we we will have to hit 15 three pointers every game if we are to win. :p
    V Golden State Tracy should guard Jackson and Battier should guard B. Davis, alternativly we could put our lowest player on Jackson cause a fight and have him thrown from the game.[Joking of course]

9. ThaShark316_28

I'm nervous, but I got us to win by 22.

Rockets 101
    Jazz 79

Jazz have the biggest 1st qtr letdown a team can have in a game seven...14 points or so...Rockets = 31.

Tmac and Yao barely see the 4th.

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Rockets win 95:84.

11. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Just hope the guys can rise up like they did in the game against Suns.

Come on you fight hard for the home court advantage, make use of it now.

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Rockets win 95-83

mcGrady 35 pts, 8 assists, 9 rebounds = player of the game

14. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

We have HCA but they are playing better than us, I'd say half-half, anything happens in game 7 won't surprise me. I guess both teams will shoot more 3pts, hope fans at toyota center make much louder noise ever than before, this is our last chance.

15. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

• We have a better team that is showing signs of improvements (JHo, and Luther).
    • Utah is not a good road team-- on their home court they were 33:10, on the road, they were 18:21.

We will win.

16. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

This is great!!! I agree, but still think we will win....T-Mac must drive to the basket!!!!

17. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

man, i am nervous.

go out and win game 7 rockets...we need this

18. youyou

youyou Member

:( me too. i don't think i will watch tomorrow's game. my heart won't be able to stand it.....

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Game 7 already lost.

Game 7 already lost

If anybody saw yesterday's postgame interview of T-Mac, he thinks it's not a big game at all and stuff. Shows no intensity or sense of urgency.

20. JSub

JSub Member

Then I guess you wont be watching the game and you can stop posting here.