1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Kobe take this same team to the Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ced, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i have to say yes.

i would feel much more comfortable and confident with kobe instead of t-mac.

2. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

no need to be fixed. Not complete player..."offensive weapon"

its a minimum a debate....but hey I don't think your an idiot for jumping to conclusions.

3. A00man

A00man Member

Off the court issues???? :confused:

They both were egotistical maniacs ON THE COURT. Both wanted to be "the man" and Kobe got the most dominant center in the history of the NBA ran out of LA.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is not about Talent
    it is more about the way they ATTACK the game
    I just feel like TMAC didn't attack

Kobe Attacks and Defends much better than TMac

Kobe Myths:
    1. He has better or as good teammates as TMAC
    YAO - game over .. .
    2. He a Ball Hog . .. who the h*ll will he throw it too
    I would be interested to see 'Attempted Assists' Stats

Rocket River

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Not necessarily. He would need to maintain discipline and distribute to Yao.

Almost impossible.

6. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

yeah agreed. But In my opinion if it wasn't for Colorado and Kobe's immaturity off the court, they would have made it work on the court. I really think the Colorado thing put it over the top and everybody realized damn we better get Shaq out of here before he crushes Kobe's head into the backboard.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Of course, what kind of question is that.... Kobe is way better than tmac and wouldnt allow a 7 game series...

8. qxyxxx

qxyxxx Member

is this even debatable? in spite of their "heart" issue, Kobe is waaaaaaay better shooter than mcgrady

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

tell me which difference is bigger:

(Kobe - TMac) vs (Shaq - Yao) ?

The answer is simple:

Kobe > TMac, but
    Shaq in this prime >>> Yao

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, kobe is obviously leading his team to great things without shaq. Dont confuse shaqs greatness and dominance with kobe. Shaq has proven that he can go to the finals with a very good guard next to him.

the "heart" argument is just flawed. Dont confuse egomanism an arrogance with heart.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Greatest offensive weapon in NBA history?

How old are you?

Does WILT CHAMBERLIN ring a bell?

Does MICHAEL JORDAN ring a bell?

Just wondering and all...

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

To answer the question, though...

Kobe would of helped us finish the Jazz in 5.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What's the point of such useless threads again? You won't get Kobe for TMac or TD for Yao.

Yes, Kobe is better than TMac now, although they were at the same level with TMac even had the upper hand before.

You could also ask whether you replace TMac with MJ, or Magic, whether the team will be better.

By the same token, you can also ask whether you replace Yao with Shaq in his prime, Dream in his prime, TD, it will make the team better? Hell yes.

Then again, if you ask whether it will make the team better what if we replace JVG with Pop or PJ, because they handle refs much better.

Now, in all seriousness, what's the point of such unrealistic and useless threads?

14. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

kobe has absolutely annihilated the Jazz this yr, you think he would let Fisher, Giricek, and AK try to stop him? Kobe's mentality is always go for the kill, this series would have been done in 4 or 5 games if we had Mamba

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people need to whine and live in a fantasy world. plus they want to blame someone who isnt named yao

16. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Are you saying its not even debatable, how old are you? Using the terms "offensive weapon" Kobe is a better "offensive weapon" then Jordan. Jordan was a much better player, defender, trash talker, he lifted his team's spirits, he made everyone around him better, BUT in my opinion (and it is not something that is absurd, it is a reasonable opinion, not everyone has to agree, Kobe is a better "offensive weapon" then Jordan.)

Wilt Chamberlin dominated his time period, you can't argue that. But I just look at the level of competition around Kobe and basically over the last 20 years and see how much more difficult it is for Kobe to score 81 pts in a game rather then Wilt (who's team went out there for the 3rd or 4th time that season with the objective to get Wilt 100 pts) scoring 100 pts.

Its definitely a debate.

17. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

plus you put Wilt into today's game, he'll still dominate, but we've seen centers dominate over time. I don't care what era you stick Kobe, his ability to score will translate over without missing a step.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

uh, if u want to blame the star, u should blame yao.

he SHOULD be our clear-cut advantage in this series and it ends up he's not drawing a double team in the last game.

if yao played like this w/ turnover after turnover, u think kobe would even want him to have the ball?

please. yao would go back to his level of 2-3 yrs ago when he was simply a rising good player if he played w/ kobe.

sometimes i question tmac's patience for yao's weak play

19. RAPblue

RAPblue Member

Actually it did need fixing...of course I'm saying Jordan is the better offensive weapon. Even the "offensive weapon" part should be changed to just "scorer." Do some research over the two and you'll see. The only thing Kobe comes close, or may even be better, to MJ in is his scoring abilities in the clutch.

Before someone brings up "the magic number that automatically puts KB over MJ" (81), I'll dispute that one now. Of course the important part was that he hit close to 61% of his shots (a percentage MJ achieved many many times). Here's where it gets a little more sobering:

-Kobe shot the ball 46 times, and 18 pts was from the line.
    -Toronto was the 2nd worse defensive team that year, and word is their defensive plan for the 2nd half was to "defend everyone well but Kobe/make Kobe beat us by himself."

I know I know.."that's one game, one example." Again I only bring it up because there are those that tend to rely heavily on that game to say who's better.

20. blackistan

blackistan Member

Yes cuz in tha clutch kobe always comes through