1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

When will Yao ever get mad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AGBee, May 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. AGBee

AGBee Member

When will he ever throw a REAL elbow?

He let's his opponents get away with murder, and he silently takes it.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I agree, we need the cocky "You can't f-king stop me" Yao - but while he's played well at times, he needs to take the next step and impose his will on the game.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yao is the softest thing since Margerine.

Seriously.

As for the Rockets as a "team". BORING.

Yao Ming turnover

Yao MIng turnover

TMAC miss
    TMAC miss

Yao ming blocked...turnover

Yao ming miss...
    Yao ming turnover...
    Yaoming turnover...

TMAC miss.

Yao ming turnover....

Man these games, even the wins are no fun. But they are my Rockets. And I'll always watch. :(

4. lethe

lethe Member

turnover,miss,turnover,miss...... :mad:

Good luck to rockets in Game 7.

5. AGBee

AGBee Member

6. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Yao did nothing positive to help the team. He lost the ball, he got blocked, he missed the shoots one by one. I am really too disappointed. This team is not qualified to get out of the first round. The Jazz should.

7. naturalized

naturalized Member

Seriously, we were in the game in the 4th. Yao and Tmac killed the drive. Yao blocked shot, offensive 3 seconds 2 times in the 4th, turnover, turnover, missed shot....man...Honestly because the offense goes through those two guys, whenever Yao play turnover prone like that, we are not going to win because it kills momentum too much. Yao is good, but not dominant. Dominant guy don't get pushed around one on one. How many times has Yao been blocked by Kirilenko in this series? Do some fake or something...

8. pli777

pli777 Member

I just hate to see that stupid look on yao's face when he get called for a foul,
    get mad or something. Nobody has pity for you on the court.

9. naturalized

naturalized Member

I'm really mad at this. We have not play a perfect game once in the series. How do you justify Yao ming's 8 turnovers? This is the playoff. He should know better. It's the 6th game of the series for God's sake, not the 1st or 2nd.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

When Amare Stoudmire dunked on his head.

11. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

[RANT, KNEE-JERK, FRUSTRATED POST]

Please excuse me but let's not blow sunshine up our collective arses. I've followed the Rockets for 17 years, so I think I've earned the right to vent.

How many times will we see Yao do another fadeway that clanks off the rim? How many more years will we have to wait for Yao to become the monster, the enforcer, the giant that he is? How many more times will he fade away and let smaller players block his shots? When will he use his body, that 7'6" frame to knock lesser players around, to go towards the basket instead of away, to show something fierce, to stop knocking his head for stupid mistakes, to think, to stop 3 second violations, stripped balls, touch offensive fouls, to dunk aggressively, to catch the ball, ....

How many times will T-Mac shoot off his mouth and not deliver in big games, jacking 3 points when we're trailing by one with 23 seconds left on the shot clock? How much longer will we wait and hope that T-Mac isn't as soft as his reputation is?

How many more dumbass passes into the post will we see from Luther before something has got to change?

How many more clanks from Battier before we realize that the guy is a proven choker in the playoffs?

How many more ugly one-on-one no-brained offensive sets will we have to sit through before we say, "Enough with ugly ball" have the coach find creativity or have another coach?

How many more layups will be blown?

How many more times are we going to let the f**king Jazz SCREW US OVER? How many times are we going to back down when they push and shove us around. How many screens will Rafer go under instead of over, and let the Williams kid shoot with no contest?

When will the Rockets that we hope for, cheer for, show up? Cause I don't see fight out there. I see soft men playing like girls. I see knuckleheaded moves and complacency.

We deserve better than this. I'm hoping they pull this one out in game 7. But even then, this team does not inspire confidence in me for the future rounds. I'm hoping they have the mental toughness but .. man.. I don't know how much more I can wait.

12. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

The dude still lives with his parents. He gets an allowance for frick's sake. He lets players half his size throw him around the court and commit flagrants against him with no repercussion. He lets freaks follow him home and harass his family, AT his house with NO consequence. Of course he's soft as a marshmallow.

13. Uprising

As what CLUTCH said about Yao after game 5. Makes sense again.

14. YaoMac111

YaoMac111 Member

A bunch of children here. LOL.

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

The tragedy started from the beginning of the season. yao was shooting way too many jumpers. His jump shooting is a very bad one. I don't understand why yao, JVG, and a lot of posters here wanted him to shoot jumpers. That's a loser mentality. now, Rockets pays.

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

TMAC didn't play very well tonight, but Yao was the biggest reason we lost tonight!

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What the h*ll is everybody's problem?

Yao & T-Mac kept the team in the game, the rest of team only score 30 odd points.

They could've won the game down the stretch by themselves, but the Rockets as team did not deserve to win this game.

Role players were much more horrible the Yao & T-Mac
    JVG has absolutely zero offensive gameplan and will play sub-par role players into the ground even when they are doing absolutely nothing.

This team is still in good position to win the series, if they lose on satuday everybody will get their wish.

Team might get blown up, trade T-Mac, fire JVG, and even possibly trade Yao and start for scratch.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

dude doesn't need to play dirty, just impose his will on the offensive end.

19. Uprising

Everyoen has to rant. I wanna cry, the team is so ....umm.....ugly?

Here's to game 7 win.

Go Rockets.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Seriously, our big 2 came up short when it mattered most

Yao, despite scoring at times, played SOFT. It seems that he isn't gonna develop that killer instinct. Hakeem had it. Robinson didn't...and Yao is reminding me more of Robinson than he is Hakeem

But Game 7 can erase all of that

GO ROX