1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets be proactive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drewdog, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I dont know what the hell the Rockets are waiting for.

There are 2 worthy big men free agents who we could get with the exemption $$$:

1. Chris Gatling
    2. Anthony Mason

Pick one, sign him, and lets get on with it.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Excuse me , But Proactive? Arent these just buzzwords dumb people use to sound important?

3. Matador

Matador Member

no actually proactive means: acting in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes.

4. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

Is true, is true. I'll take Anthony Mason for the Rockets.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm not sure we have the bandwidth to be proactive. Let's leverage our backcourt strength and think outside the box on this one.

6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

Go with what you got & save your Money.

7. TraJ

TraJ Member

I say we should develop all seven habits of highly effective basketball teams. :)

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Which is what exactly? We might as well be playing 4 on 5 because you cant convince me otherwise that we have a Center

9. sweetpea

sweetpea Member

I have been screaming the Rox need another center, now everyone see. I hope they get some one quick

10. Flying_4_ever

Flying_4_ever Member

Yeap. When the Jackson deal fell through didn't Cato say something like he and Collier can handle the center spot this season? Thats a load of crap. He just said that because he wants a lot of minutes and doesnt want his starting job taken away. He needs to be realistic and admit he and Collier are not gonna cut it as out only centers this whole season. We need more help . The Rockets need a guy who can start at center and be a consistent rebounder and shotblocker. It doesnt really matter if he is a good scorer or not because the rockets have so many offensive weapons. I'm thinking the rockets can make a trade for somebody like that further into the season if they choose not to use their exception. I'd say Walt Williams, Jones, T-mo are nice players to put out for trade bait. Thats what I would do.

11. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I think we desperately need a true center in the middle, but there are so few big men out there-especially quality big men, that I think our choices are so limited that Rudy and CD will probably wait. I even tried to think of someone retired like Rony Seikaly, or Pig Miller - who always played good back up minutes. We don't have many options- money or not - not many big guys exist- do we really want a project??? Maybe a trade for Michael Olakandi???I just do not know....

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

at least cato wants starter minutes.