1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob Kemp: The Astros need a manager who will "crack the whip"

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by JBIIRockets, Oct 19, 2001.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

First of all, I know what some of you think of Kemp, so lets focus on the take and not him.

He says the Astros got rid of a problem when Dierker resigned.

"He was the worst post-season strategist in my lifetime and I'm 44."

He feels the Astros next manager should come outside the organization, and NOT be laid back. The next manager needs to "crack the whip' and focus on having the Astros improve their fundamentals.

"With Dierker, it was a country club from start to finish."

As for my opinion, I agree with that, but I want to make sure of this: If the Astros consider Phil Garner a candidate, they should be shot. He is the most overated manager in baseball. I do not want to hear that if he had players, his teams would have better records. BS. His decision making sucks. Hell he traded for Lima! What more evidence to do need.

A side note about what Kemp thinks of Biggio and Bagwell...

Bagwell: He probably the most fundamentally sound player in baseball. I do not understand why he gets criticized for anything. People say he struggles at the plate in the playoffs but he gets on base (by the walk) and does get his share of hits when he gets pitches to hit.

Biggio: It's Biggio who is the choker. He was supposed to be the tablesetter in the playoffs, and he NEVER gets on base. Thus Bagwell always comes up with no one on base, which makes it easier to pitch around him (OR GIVE HIM NOTHING TO HIT.) Biggio does not get criticized as much as he should. Plus his defense has declined in the past few years.

About Biggio, I agree with all that 100%. Look at all of his throws that Bagwell digs out of the dirt. I saw many this past season.

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Wasn't Terry Collins the manager right before Dierker? How did that work out?!!

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Collins was certifiable. He was as psycho as Dierker is laid-back.

Kemp is an idiot and I'm sure he is gleefully loving the fact that Houston has magerial problems. He doth sucketh.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

when will you people in Houston learn that they call it the Bob Kemp show because its all about him . And he cant wait so start bashing the Rockets as soon as they lose three games in a row . If you want to have a decent conversation you have to kiss the guys ass , and most of the time he just interupts you anyways . What a Loser