1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redefined, Apr 22, 2007.

1. demon77

demon77 Member

Its so funny thinking about game 5 since they might give out the MVP trophy there to dirk. Imagine if dirk getting the MVP then choked again and warrior won the series 4-1 infront of the sellout crowds, LMAO. :D

2. Blind

Blind Member

I'm going to go to sleep now but my favorite image from this game after the half-court three will be of Barkley looking incredibly conflicted during the post-game show, like he was thinking "okay, if I keep this Dirk jersey on I'll look like a dumbass since he choked" and "mannn, it took me ten minutes to fit into this ugly thing and it'll take another ten to get out of it" at the same time.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Dallas will win game 5, and then, very well could pull out game 6 - so really, I don't think G.S. will upset Dallas just yet.

I say the odds are Dallas is going to pull this out. But I wouldn't bet against the warriors either truth be told.

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

look at everybody just standing around watching.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, this is f'n awesome! Watching the Mavs choke and be a part of NBA History is a Rockets dream. :D

6. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

Now the best scenario is the Mavs lose the series and Avery gets fired by Cuban and the Rox hire him to replace JVG !!!

7. aaaa

aaaa Member

With the series going back to Dallas, Warriors have to be careful. I sense game 2 can happen all over again. It'll be different without their home crowd. They have to stick to the game plan and don't get tricked to rely on their 3pointers.

But man, if they could pull this off... :cool:

B-diddy!

8. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

If the Rockets don't win the championship this year, I'm rooting for GSW. They are definitely the feel good story of the year.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Mavericks are like the Yankees, or the Cowboys to me...I root for any team that plays against them. Having said that, screw the Warriors. I am a Rockets fan and that's all I care about.

10. fredthered

fredthered Member

You say the odds are in favor of a team that has lost 9 out of the last 10 to GS to win 3 in a row? What math class did you take in school?

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm a Rockets fan first but somehow I think if they do give the MVP trophy to Dirk it'll motivate the Mavericks to play better. Maybe it's just the recent blown series leads by the Rockets the past two playoff appearances but I still think the Mavericks could pull it out. By God I hope they don't but I could still see it happening.

12. demon77

demon77 Member

the last few minute fo the game:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nFeYrMBrFVM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nFeYrMBrFVM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

Maybe NewYorker did not learn the Probability before.

14. Vivid

Vivid Member

honestly where are all the ppl that called me stupid when I said this was likely going to happen during the regular season....I said root for GS...they can take out Dallas....honestly where are you guys?! GO GS...but more importantly..GO ROCKETS!!!

15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

I wouldn't have called you stupid, I tipped the Warriors to win in 7. I'll probably be wrong though, cause they'll win it 5!

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

ROFLMAO - nice job Zboy

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

how else would you put it?

the rest of your post goes on to say you rooted for the Rockets and HATED the Mavs when they met in the playoffs 2 seasons ago. then you stopped watching the NBA last year. then you became a Mavs fan.

:confused:

my guess is if the Mavs start playing like the Rockets played over the course of the past 5 years or so..with spotty playoff appearances...you'll be done with them.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

#1519 DVauthrin, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  20. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

That is the prototype for how Toyota Center shoukld be tonight.