1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redefined, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Totally agreed... but at what point does the fact that Dallas has now failed to beat this team 9 out of 11 games come into their heads?

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the nba better hurry up and announce the mvp award and present it at game 5 or they're going to be presenting it to a guy sitting at home.

and dirk winning it, as well as nash, is why the award has become so ridiculous. no one thinks he or nash are the most dominating players, but hey, their teams are good so lets give it to them.

3. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

INSANITY!!!!!!!

4. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

This is a very entertaining game. Mavs are gonna be knocked out in the first round, Sweet!

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The Warriors team is great to watch.

Fire, energy...you can tell they haven't been here in a long time and are loving every second of it.

They can't get complacent or expect to win... do they have what it takes to finish the Mavs off?

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think I'm officially a GSW fan now (sorta... after rox of course)

Another GREAT GAME.. WOW... so exciting... and their crowd is aWESOME! I wish Toyota Center was like that.. I mean TC can get loud.. but this is on another level..

Man o man.... must have been a hell of a game to be at..

Oh yeah did you guys notice the Background music they play after a Big Play or Time Out? While the crowd is going nuts? They play the same beat over and over and I cant help be smile.. MANNN!!! what a game!

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

before the game, dirk said the season is over if the mavs go back to allas 3-1..... LOL nice job leader/MVP :D :D :D

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

I just go through watching game 4 and as happy as I was watching the Mavs lose (again!) I was a bit sad noting the fact that I was cheering harder for these Warriors than my Rockets.
    Watching Baron David, Stephen Jackson, etc play with such fire and emotion, the role players (Pietrus, Barnes, etc) step up in a big way...that's what I want to cheer for. These guys CARE.
    So if the Rox get eliminated (which won't be long off I fear), I'll have no problems pulling for GS...I just wish that the Rox had one tenth of their fire and emotion.

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

HAHAHA.....Dirk is a pansy

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Well, the Mavs aren't dead yet - and these guys aren't going to roll over so easily. I still think Dallas will pull it out.

11. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Like Barkley said, this is a national disaster!

It was a fun game though

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Damn right, this bull$hit of trying to patch up a team around tmac and yao every yr isn't working, need to build it right, and JVG style doesn't work anymore either, a team with frickin tmac and yao ming should be scoring 100+ every night like other teams.

Bring in one of the top assistants from Phoenix

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

watching baron davis play really makes me wonder wtf happened to steve francis?

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What an idiot... he's trying to "out-Nelly" Nelly (by being pretty modest and complementing the other team non-stop), but in reality, he's just overcompensating for what little impact he can actually make in this series.

15. redefined

Wow, that is very sad. But Rockets never have anything to offer

16. bluepart

bluepart Member

Agree. Now that I am disappointed with the Rockets and possibly won't go very far in the playoff, I need to find a team to cheer with. That will make watching games more excited. Warriors is the team I want to watch now.

17. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

he also said that before game 2 against the rockets in 05

18. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

19. Blind

Blind Member

I just skimmed the box score and Dallas had a 49-34 rebounding advantage. How do you lose when you out-rebound the 'midgets' by 15? Nowitzki for M! V! P!

20. redefined

What happened was JVG, AND NOTHING ELSE