1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/28/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2007.

1. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

rafer can't do everything, blame rocket's management for not signing a back up point guard. we could have had marcus banks who is a great defensive minded point guard, instead the rockets signed john locus and v-span, two unproven players, who dont even get any burn. :rolleyes: idiots idiots idiots idiots.

2. jordan_hx

jordan_hx Member

what's wrong with T-mac????It seems he did not want to win this game at all!! Too soft~~~

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

T-Mac hasn't been great. That's true, but please look at other guys. They put double-team on Tracy he passes the ball to Rafer who IS WIDE OPEN and.....he misses. There is not only T-Mac. I know he is struggling but not only he. THE TEAM IS STRUGGLING

4. skyknow1984

skyknow1984 Member

That's dame true~~man

5. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Go see a psychologist. He or She will probably recommend that you stop watching Rockets games all together.

6. nxw6570

nxw6570 Member

It is actually very interesting to see how our rockets response when they are pushed in the corner. It is more important than just winning a game or a series.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

so much for the 8 man rotation. it worked so well in the playoffs, especialy when 6 of them relys on yao and tmac to play well.

8. m004378

m004378 Member

Why? because our smart coach benched our bench payers the entire season, he actually has nothing left in his pocket.

9. m004378

m004378 Member

Out of desperation, JVG will probably throw himself in to play as point guard in the next two games.

10. fanwq

fanwq Member

Yao's attack effency sucks.He didn't give Jazz enough threat on offence.

11. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

We need to learn a lesson or two from the Warriors about playing hard and fearlessly for the duration of the game. Oh, and our 'leaders' should learn a thing or two from Baron Davis. Their listlessness and heart is pathetic.

12. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

we looked like a 20 win team last night. That was horribly pathetic. Tracy looked like he didnt want to be there. Our bench is incredibly weak. We need to get some more talent before we make a run at a title, a lot more talent.

man i hope we still can win this series

13. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Youre just as blind as the coach you support! None of the players brought in by CD are being played right now. So its not HIS fautlt. That is the first mistake, JVG only plays those he is comfortable with, i.e., J-Ho (sucks), Skippy (Awful), Luther (garbage). This is the same trash he put on the court last year!!!!

DONT BLAME CD!!! All of the players management brought in have been alienated by Van Dumbass. Bonzi, Snyder, Spanoullis, Novak... These are player who could've very well helped us if the had been getting PT all year. JVG doesnt know how to develop players. He should have been harvesting guys all year. Yao and T-Mac are gonna win you 50 games (Although T-Mac is heartless) You need players around them who can help win the tough ones. JVG's X's and O's has absolutely NOTHING to do with the success of this team.

We should have saw this coming when Van Dumbass brought over Charlie Ward and Charles Oakley to begin with. Van Gundy is the problem. His offense is too complex (just come down and dump it to Yao or give to T-Mac). Screw that foul prone pick and roll stuff. Dream never did that to such a high degree, it tires Yao out. Get only ONE guy on the same side as Yao, Van Dumbass crowds the court. UHHHHHHHGGGGG!!! This is frustrating!

14. maw7079

maw7079 Member

So youre saying the players should only play up to how much theyre making? C'mon man. I DO blame the supporting cast. The only one I dont blame is Yao and Chuck Hayes, because at least they're giving big time effort.

15. Stray_Dog

Stray_Dog Member

I've been thinking and saying this for a while, but I'm wondering if anyone agrees: Do you guys think these preps to pros players are mentally weak and are just incapable of playing in the playoffs? Kobe got as far as he did with shaq. KG got as far as he did with Sam I am and Spree. Lebron may be the exception to the rule, although Wiz plays embarassing D.

Just seems like none of these guys are ever going to bring a championship to their teams. It also explains to me why there are consistently only 5 teams competing for rings.

16. newplayer

newplayer Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the CCTV-5 commentator was saying that the Jazz was playing similar to the style of the Suns, i.e., they had very fast counter attacks after the Rox scored, and the Rox were often too slow/too fatigued to come back for the defense.

Another thing I noticed when I watched the game again was that the Rox players didn't seem to know what to do during offense, most role players stayed in one spot for too long; whereas all the Jazz players seemed to be constantly running and hustling on/off ball. If you look at Harping, he's almost always running and changing positions, and he scored quite a few layups by getting in front of Rox defenders when he had no ball. Is this a coaching problem or player's problem?

17. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

i cannot believe how many people have lost faith in their team so quickly. yeah sure they are playing terrible right now but what the f... is the problem here?it seems that we have already lost.remember your words when it's all said and done.t-mac said its on him and i know many of you does not believe anymore but i do.it's not over until it's over.i like what i'm seeing true rockets fans sitck with their team through good and bad,props to them.somepeople posting here are jokes

18. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Great post man- we cannot give up on this team. I know we can beat these guys. We will find a way and be prepared Mon nite. I know I'll be there in Sect 410. We have not given up on you guys!

Come on Rockets - we still believe!

Go Rockets!!!!!

19. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

what happened to our 4th round pick? Espn showing Neworleans!!!!

20. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

Traded their fourth-round draft pick (107th overall) to the New Orleans Saints in exchange for the Saints' 2007 fourth-round pick (123rd overall) and a 2007 fifth-round pick (163rd overall).