1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/28/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2007.

1. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

Yeah, our Rockets are big on D. Translated, that means:

Disgusted
    Disheartened
    Disappointed
    Discouraged
    Disillusioned
    Dismayed
    Depleted
    Dead (or near-)

Our chance of winning this series has seriously taken a nose dive after this pathetic showing. Those optimistic folks need to have a reality-check. Whoever says there's no game momentum in playoffs can eat those words. As our game has continued to decline, Jazz confidence keeps growing, they keep getting better as we get worse. Even George Bush can do the math...

If JVG doesn't play V-Span (who showed everyone he deserves minutes and is at least better than Lucas/Head at backup G) then he deserves to lose this series and his job...it's painfully obvious he did not do his job preparing this team for a deep playoff run, our "depth" and so-called rotation is a complete joke. And yes, he needs to inject some new life into his stale-ass offensive schemes. And yes, we have no 3rd scorer...Bonzi is laughing right now.

T-Mac.....nuff said. I just hope he finally wakes up by next game, or his reputation will be forever engraved in stone.

Yao...say what you want, but he's the only the one out there doing his job, doing what he's supposed to do...and that includes high to's and being soft. That's just Yao. 4 FT attempts is quite pathetic though, he must attack the basket more.

Best case scenario: Win in 7. Out of 2nd round (doesn't matter if Dallas/GW)

Worse case: Out of 1st round. Again. Byebye JVG, big ? mark on T-Mac's head. Big reshuffle of supporting players to add more depth and better complement new coach and our new franchise player Yao.

2. Madman George

Madman George Member

loll This board has a constant problem with sarcasm!! :D :D

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

With dumb posters too, so I had to make sure.

:p

4. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

Yao suck, T-mac suck, Juwan suck!
    Span--OK
    Battier--OK

5. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

A lot of dumb posters. I am calling y'all out who are taking stabs are our Rockets players. What kinda fans are ya? I know that the offense is a bit predictable.

Game 3 was bad all around. Compare it to a Hockey or Soccer Game when the opposing team has like 45 shots on goal compared to your 10 shots on their goal. Totally unacceptable but then think about it. Why did we take so many fewer shots??? When you get outshot like that guess what???!!!??? It's cause you got owned on the offensive glass and you're getting outhustled and turning the ball over. The only other reason I can think of is that the defensive sets of the opposing team has shut down your offense into taking bad shots and bricking them. We definately need to figure out a way to get more layups and shots from within 5 feet of the basket. I still think everyone on the Rocket's team needs to move their feet faster and rotate better to get open looks. More motion, more passing, and more shots.

6. metalshred

metalshred Member

I'd rather have started jake vspan novak JH head if i knew it was going to be like this, at least i would find out what the other Rox can do about jazz, and help the bench get some touches in playoffs.

But, nevertheless, we suck big time in all the previous 4 games.

7. FJY

FJY Member

Test Test...

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

looks like magic was right. he called it would go 2-2 and it happened. i think some members here should owe him and the TNT crew an apology for thinking that they "hate" us.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

why the hell am I watching the rebroadcast on ESPN? :(

10. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Don't the coaches teach that after 5 years. I think Yao is in the NBA to make friends. Friendship above winning and dunking is not polite as it humiliates your opponents. Man, what rubbish! By the time Yao's career is over he would have been blocked at least once by every player who ever played against him trying to lay one up.

The tallest man in NBA playing like a midget.[/QUOTE]

How money are dunks for Yao anyway? The big guy sure misses a whole lot of them.

12. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

TMAC & the other Rockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

14. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

i refuse to blame anyone but tmac on this game

stop jogging like some punk b**** at the park

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

From the photos it looks like the Jazz were fouling just about every time and everywhere they could and mostly getting away with it.

16. nxw6570

nxw6570 Member

Do not blame the guys sit on the bench, they only make some tiny money compared to our two all stars, yao and T-mac definitely should carry this team on their backs.
    But calm down, Yao and T-mac still have one more chance to prove they are not losers in game, if we win the key game 5 next Monday, we can still wrap this serie up at 4-2; but if we lose, I believe Yao and T-mac will never recover from the damage, they should start to think about something other than basketball, because after all, it is just a game.

17. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

18. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

19. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i told you idiots on here at the beginning of the season that chuck hayes starting at power forward is not enough. rockets should have at least grabbed one more rebounder last off season. facking idiots. smh

this is like the same **** every time t-mac goes to the play-offs. win first two games, then lose the whole series in the end. :eek: if t-mac, would at least played ball like he did two years ago in dallas, we would have sweeped this series. instead t-mac decides to play like complete ****. even if we advance, the next team would put an ass whipping on us so serious.

its pretty funny how everyone was in luther head's corner, but now everyone is sh!tting on him. houston has the most terrible fans. facking bandwagoners.

rockets run the same damn offense they ran a decade ago. the rockets offense is so facking predictable. les, cd, jvg, and that new gm should realize that yao is not hakeem olajuwon. posting up yao, then setting up for an open three, is not very effective if the shots are not falling down. which brings us to.

its hilarious how every one is screaming "give v-span minutes".fack that ****. if anything they should give snyder more time, because he is the only facker on this team who can drive to the basket period and score successfully. everyone else on this team are just jump shooting maggots. v-span would prolly help also, just as long as he doesnt shoot, and drive to the basket only.

rockets cant draw fouls. how in the fack can your team draw fouls, when your star player is standing outside jacking up ill advised shots all damned night. its was great when them shots were falling two years ago in dallas series, but now that t-mac is in a slup, this ***** should at least try to draw some form of contact. tracy should just act like his back is in serious pain whenever you drive to the basket. if utah can flop and get calls, t-mac should just reach for his back and cry on every possesion he drives.

rockets need kevin garnett more than any other team in the play offs. almost every other play-off team has a quality power forward, who is an inside presence offensively, and can get rebounds. chuck hayes is just an african american ryan bowen. at least chuck hayes works hard. everybody else on the rockets look lazy as hell just standing around like idiots. rockets are starting to look like the laker's supporting cast. (just standing around watching yao, and t-mac like idiots) :mad:

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One thing that really drove me nuts tonight, was Rafer's reluctance to stay up top of a pick. When a pick was set against him, he always came inside towards the rim to go around the pick and left his man WIDE open.

Over and Over his man scored from jump shots from being left so open.