1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Note From an Angry Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by peleincubus, Apr 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Interesting letter...

There is a lot of curse words in this link. So reader Beware.

End this WAR

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not sure if its real but if is, its the exact way I would feel if it happened to me.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree it might not be real. I would feel the same way.

I disagree somewhat with this part: So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and recieve that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidty of the American government

It is important that she eventually instruct her kid, and as soon as possible others as to the stupidity of much of America's militarism..

For those to lazy to click:

From an Angry Soldier
    Date: 2007-04-10, 1:00PM PDT

I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm pissed off enough to do it right.

I am SICK of all this bull**** people are writing about the Iraq war. I am abso-****ing-lutely sick to death of it. What the **** do most of you know about it? You watch it on TV and read the commentaries in the newspaper or Newsweek or whatever god damn yuppie news rag you subscribe to and think you're all such ****ing experts that you can scream at each other like five year old about whether you're right or not. Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that ****ing hell hole, SHUT THE **** UP!

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse ****? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that ****ing festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You ****ers and that god-damn lying sack of **** they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

And you know what the most ****ed up thing about this Iraq **** is? They don't want us there. They're not happy we came and they want us out NOW. We ****ed up their lives even worse than they already were and they're pissed off. We didn't help them and we're not helping them now. That's what our soldiers are dying for.

Oh while I'm good and worked up, the government doesn't even have the decency to help out the soldiers whos lives they ruined. If you really believe the military and the government had no idea the veterans' hospitals were so ****ed up, you are a god-damn r****d. They don't care about us. We're disposable. We're numbers on a page and they'd rather forget we exist so they don't have to be reminded about the families and lives they ruined while they're sipping their cocktails at another fund raiser dinner.

If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home. Because you can't explain it. We're not fighting for our country, we're not fighting for the good of Iraq's people, we're fighting for Bush's personal agenda. Patriotism my ass. You know what? My dad served in Vietnam and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and recieve that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidty of the American government. I'm going to tell him that his father was a hero and the best man I ever met and that he loved his country enough to die for it, because that's all true and nothing will be solved by telling my son that his father was sent to die by people who didn't care about him at all.

**** you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother ****ers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

to the war supporters on this board, like what she said

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Powerful words.....

Bring the troops home.......

Of course Bush can't because it would screw the republican party out of any chance for the 2008 election.

DD

6. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

I take the pro-war "letters" with a grain of salt as I do this one, but......bloody hell.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I've been in the US for 6 years, I lived in many countries. I've seen a lot of stuff, been in a war (1992-96 Bosnia), lost half of my family and if the story is true I can feel her anger!

I see many people with their stickers, proud to be american, support our troops, bush stickers, supporters and all I can do is smile...

I am going to be really honest. People in this country, not all, but the majority is so close minded, arrogant and not barely interested in what happens in the other part of the world it makes me really think that they all are brainwashed!

It's sad to see people support the war and they even don't know where Iraq is, ****! if I showed them a map of the US they actually would not be able to recognize california or any other US state....

this whole system here sucks...I am not sure if it was better before bush, but since I came in this country nothing positive happened that really changed my way of thinking about the american people

I think this country has a lot of potential, it gave me everything to do my college, it gave me a place to live and even though it's tough, I live good and don't complain. I am not for the war, I do not want the young guys to die over there for a political interest, most of them are in their early 20s....

8. conquistador#11

Amel,I can completely relate.I was born in El Salvador in 1981;and lived there for 8 years,before finding the greatest home in Texas.Many of my relatives were murdered for supporting the left during the war(1980-1992).I keep thinking that someday things are going to change,for the better.But the same mistakes are repeated over and over again,it's like the "american people"(war supporting republicans) suffer from short term memory.

when I ask people with degrees in Poli-sci,"what do you think of foreign policy in Latin America?"... Their response,"I don't know much about Latin America".These are the same people that end up working for the Government. :confused:A government that saw us as evil Commies,when in reality it was our strong faith in catholicism that held us through those miserable years.And in the end,the republicans take credit for bringing democracy to El salvador,when in truth,it was the FMLN.Anyways,Bring Our armed forces back.They belong to us,not you,Jorge(dubya) !! I always bring up latin america because the current neo cons,love to compare Iraq to El salvador,as a model for success :rolleyes:

'There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare.'

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

angry words by an emotion widow. Sorry for her loss.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

shes not just an angry widow. shes a marine

and I believe widow or not, she's still would have wrote that letter

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Conquistador,

I worked with CISPES in the 90's. Are you familiar with the organization?

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

No, you don't get it vlaurelio

The woman's point of view is dismissed out of hand by Donkey because she was emotional. Once you show emotion, all credibility comes into question.

One must remain above it all to be objective.

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Plus she is a woman and it was probably "that time of the month". That would explain it.

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

fine, shes an angry marine who happens to be a widow.

maybe should would have written it, maybe not. thats not for us to decide.

she makes some interesting insights and comments but i she's just experience a painful loss and this seems to be a way for her to vent.

im just not going to read too much into the political aspect as much as others seem to be.

15. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

10 minutes until a neo con comes on to dismiss this woman as treasonous i.

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Well said; I concur.

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm not sure what you are saying that you aren't going to read this as an indictment of the politics that lead us into Iraq.

You don't have to read very deeply into it. It is explicitly political.

That sums up her view on the politics on the war.

18. deepblue

deepblue Member

Sorry about her loss, she certainly has the right to be emotional.

Not saying if the war is right or wrong, but she and her husband joined the military knowing that one day they might be ordered into combat. This is a volunteer army.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

it's an volunteer army until you join ;)

20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

well it is certainly explicit.

right. it also sums up an angry and emotional women looking to take out her rage on someone and anyone she can think of.