1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planet Earth HD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cire, Apr 22, 2007.

1. rennaisnz24

rennaisnz24 Member

I don't get planet earth hd with time warner, do you guys get it on direct tv?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, its a show on discovery hd not a channel.

3. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

*n00b here, please don't uh.. flame*

How do I get 'HD'? I tried reading wikipedia but it was too much jargon. Does my TV need HD capability? Does my DVD player need HD capability to play 'HD-DVDs'?

I know that DirectTV transmits HD into the home, but other than that... was wondering if I should buy new video equipment...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what do you have now?

hd-dvds need hd-dvd players to work. they play dvds also, but you need a hd-dvd player. bluray is the other 'hd' disc, same thing, you need a bluray player.

if u need a tv, i can suggest based on budget,room size, and uses (video games, movies etc)

5. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

Doh, I don't get my copy of PE HD from Amazon until approx. May 7-10.

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

That sucks, man. Mine made it to Houston today, seems it will be delivered tomorrow. I have been reading stories all over the net of seemingly random delivery schedules. Some people got their's Monday, some Tuesday, some Today. They all did 2-day shipping too. Some people who did 2-day are still waiting for it to leave the warehouse. Just weird.

7. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

thanks! ok got it. so i need a DVD player with HD capability to play high-def DVDs. makes sense.

TVs are separate so I'll hit you up in a couple of months when I'm looking to buy. thanks again!

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Planet Earth is a pretty good show. AMAZING shots!

One thing I don't like is how sometimes I feel like they don't really follow through with the whole story of a particular species or animal. It's like they tell your the gist/summary of it.

They say a couple of cool information on a particular animal, show them walk around, hunt and then that's it. And I'm like "but... what happens to Bambi???"

I wish one episode could be 2 hours or something so they have more things to show.

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

My HD-DVD set came in today. I only looked a bit of it as I want to watch the playoff games tonight. But DAYUM it looks good!!!! Making my Plasma TV and HD-DVD add-on worth it.

10. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

Amazon sent me another email that said:

A. It was sent out today, so I will get it Monday or Tuesday!

B. The price lowered two dollars and something, so I get a small refund.

Yay!!!! I cannot wait!

For those that have seen both copies, how do you like the BBC version vs S.Weaver version?