1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planet Earth HD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cire, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

the ducks tonight were amazing!

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Show is great. Extremely well done, looks great in HD. Well worth watching.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

buy it off amazon. they have the BBC version of it. It is much better narrating

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

the best parts are when they do the slow motion of something being eaten - like the crocodile eating that antelope or the white shark eating the seal. in HD that stuff is awesome.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this show is freaking awesome. i have them all saved on the dvr, i'll just watch them off there till i get bored of them, don't feel like plunking down the big bucks on that dvd set.

as far as being similar to other nature shows. i don't think so. i love watching discovery shows and have never seen shots like this stuff before.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I love the show, i also loved life of mammals.

But Planet earth has some shots of snow leopards. and that is just amazing. There is not much material of snow leopards. There is one documentary (Silent roar: search for the snow leopard), and one documentary that will be released in a couple of months. so this is one of the best shots of snow leopards.

Ofcourse it is nothing compared to actually being there. but since i'm not that rich and i cannot visit other countries every month, i will watch these shows:D.

7. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Best Buy puts it on sale this week as well.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would have been worth it watching every episode just to see the high speed camera, slow motion footage of the great white sharks eating the seals. That was freaking awesome.

Oh, and the crocs too.

9. Nice Rollin

which version?
    BBC or discovery?

10. dskillz

It's the BBC version.

11. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

I ordered the HD BBC version off of amazon.

12. Nice Rollin

same here

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love this series...I usually watch them after 10 on sundays...they show back to back episodes...I too like the slow-mo killing sequences...kind of one of those circle of life kind of things...

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm getting the HD DVD disc 1 on Netflix!

HD > NO HD

15. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Ok...

After searching all day I finally got it. I tried Best Buy (3 locations), Circuit City (2), and finally Fry's (2). According to the guy at Best Buy, they won't have any copies in store, only online. Circuit City only had the regular version in its system and had no date on the BluRay or HD DVD versions.

Now to Fry's...

They had one but the guy and I couldn't find it. He suspected a employee hid it and is planning on buying it. So I asked if he can call the other stores and sure enough every Fry's only received one copy of each HD format. The Northside store held it under my name and I made it out there. The guy there told me that after I had called (around 8:30am) like 4 or 5 people came looking for it, but since they had it in will call for me, they told them they sold out!

tinman... don't rent it, BUY IT!

What better way to show off your gadgets then this boxed set?!

P.S. - How many HD DVD's you at now tinman?

16. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Just to let you guys know...

They completely scrapped "Alien" aka S. Weaver's narration and went with the man David Attenborough.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

i have 3 hd dvds. i've been renting them off netflix. i might buy this one. just got in the mail.

18. dskillz

Ahhh...I was wondering what they meant by "web only sale" on the Best Buy site. I ordered the HD-DVD version from Amazon. It should be here Thursday.

19. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

I just recently got a HD DVD player like 3 weeks ago. I have been purchasing all my movies @ Fry's(SW). They have a good amount of movies for 19.99. At Best Buy(Sugarland) I couldn't see one at that price...

So my question is...

How good has Amazon worked for you guys? Good deals online? Have all the movies arrived in perfect condition and not sliding around in it's case?

What are your experiences?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

the HD DVD version is AWESOME. forget that crap on HD cable, we're talking ROCK SOLID picture.