1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets win, who would you rather face: GS or Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox_fan_here, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tinsley

tinsley Member

Golden State,of course

2. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I would rather face Golden State since they do not have neither home court nor playoff experiences.

3. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

no doubt: Golden State

i would never forget the series happened 2 years ago, we took 2 wins first and then we collapsed.

Take our avenge? Show sth by beating the best team in the league? That sounds reasonable but i would not take that, WE r NOT good enough to beat Mavs, not yet. btw, Warriors swept Mavs in regular seanson, also they kick Mavs' @ss regardless of the so-called HCA, i watched the video of Mavs' 1st game, Dirk Nowitzki scored only 14pts and he played liked ****, Mavs really scared of Warriors? It seems so, and GS "beat" both Utah and Rox in the END of regular season(what about that rumor? both of the 2 teams would rather face GS instead of Mavs, so they...)

Sure it would be really funny if Mavs get knocked out in the 1st round as the best of best. But i d't think so...

i would not say we can beat GS for sure, yeah what we should talk now is Utah, the obstacle standing right in front of us, after we kill Utah, i would rather we face GS, HCA is a gift and reward of regular season, not burden.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't care who we face - I just want us to win and advance. Win and advance. If it means we take on the best the conference has, so be it. That's how we won our championships before.

Rooting for a matchup = not enough faith in your own team. BELIEVE.

Evan

5. Happy187

Happy187 Member

Exactly. I really thought the calls during that 05 series won it for the Mavs in 2 of those games. The last one was because our team started to show our age. instead of losing 3-4 we should have won it 5-2, well they prolly would have stopped at 4 wins. :) Revenge!!! No time for thinking about this now, we need keep ours eyes on task at hand: getting out of first round-- beating Utah. Goooo Rockets!!!!!

6. go_rockets

go_rockets Member

I would love to see Dallas get knocked out in round one. The team with the best record getting taken out by the 8th seed, that would be quite hilarious. Also, I think we would have a harder time against the Mavericks than the Warriors.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Don't wish for something that we just can't handle! :p

8. cliff

cliff New Member

Win the jass first ;)

9. ericmark

ericmark Member

Exactly.
    We wanted to play against the jazz at the middle of season and now we get it with HCA; If we play against the Warrior, we'll have HCA again; How about playing against the Denver at the 3rd round? HCA. The final against the ECT, HCA most likely. :cool: :D

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Dallas. Revenge is sweet.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If the Rockets are better then the Jazz, they'll face the best team in the next round.

I feel good about this series, but all of us should know that series can turn around on a dime... longtime Rockets fans have been on both sides of this in the past... take it one game, one series at a time.

It takes 16 wins and we've got 1. Wins 3-16 don't matter until we get #2.

12. baylorbear09

baylorbear09 Member

either, preferably dallas for obvious reasons. i really don't think it matters who we play, like evan said ^ have faith in the team. the only team that really worries me is phoenix but other than i think we have a legit shot

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the best revenge on dallas would be to get that ring they failed to get last year.

14. sparky

sparky Member

Amen Brother

15. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Even if you told me the Rockets have a 90% chance of beating Golden State and 10% chance of beating Dallas, I would still want to play Dallas. I just want the Rockets to have a chance for revenge. Even if it means losing again, I want the chance.

16. chl

chl Member

I would like to see Mark gets a heart attack after GS beats the Mavs, then Rocks beats the GS and go all the way to win a ring.

Saw the GS and Mavs game last night. Mark had the look of someone just pissed on his head. That was priceless.

17. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

I want Dallas just so we could sweep them and shove it in their face. GS plays like phoenix and we don't match up well against them. Plus, Baron Davis is going to torch rafer all night long.

18. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

I'm glad the 1994 or 1995 Rockets championship teams didn't have to face the Sonics. Does not facing the #1 seeded Sonics in 1994 mean the Rockets Championship means less?

19. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Dallas will make it to the next round. There's no way GS can knock off Dallas - the days of an 8th seed knocking off a 1 are over really now that there's 7 games in the first round.

Doesn't matter who you want to see - Dallas will advance, not GS.

20. Vivid

Vivid Member

some of you guys are going to be eating.... looks like someone forgot their brooms AND their game...
    -V