1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if.....we lose the series??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, JVG will be fired.

2. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

simple

fire jvg.

trade yao for oden.

trade tmac for durant

3. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

If the rox lose, we fire jvg this time. There is NO excuse why the j*zz should win this series.

4. deshen

deshen Member

fans will get lost, houston is still houston.

5. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I think, should the Rockets lose in the first round, we have bigger things to worry about. Like hell freezing over.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sounds like a likely script for many on ClutchFans. I will simply wonder off into the forest.

Not really. It would very disappointing. We know the supporting cast must be upgraded. JVG may be gone, maybe not. The core will stay together, but there will be huge pressure for better role players. I expect the Rockets to win the series, so not an issue at this point.

7. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

you're still unsure about T-Mac taking his game up?

8. Crazytrade

Crazytrade Member

Then, let's try another crazy trade.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

haha. serious, tmac will still take his jumpers b/c he's an all-around player. but he'll drive A LOT. the phoenix game is a typical tmac playoff game. sure he won't be as hot EVERY game, but thats the intensity you're going to see.

no one will have a perfect series. but tmac can get as perfect as any player in today's league can. career 30, 7, 6 BABY in the playoffs.

33, 8, 8 the last 5 games baby :D

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

if we lose, i'll lock myself in my apartment and sit on my bed for days, swaying back and forth. so i'll likely succumb to starvation and/or dehydration.

11. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Wait... Chicken Little, is that you?? :eek: ;)

12. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

First, hunt you down, then....., then suicide... :D, JUST JK, but seriously, is this thread necessary?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We'll likely try to trade more future potential for another veteran (probably a point guard) over 30 to try to get over the hump next season. Van Gundy might be replaced, but I don't see us trading Yao or T-Mac or Battier. It'd probably be the end for Skip (even though I think he runs the team well).

14. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

too scary to think about. i cannot wait another 12 months for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we gotta have faith. plus beating the mavericks in the 2nd round is like winning it all for me.

15. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

:eek: That would be so depressing. I don't even want to think about that. I grew so attached to the Rockets this year.

16. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

[​IMG]

17. sohrab

sohrab Member

if we lose it will be JVG's fault. he will be gone for sure if we lose the series, but no way tmac is going

18. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

No seriously, JVG, T-Mac and Yao all stay. We'll get Jermaine O'neal or Rashard Lewis along with Francis or another capable veteran PG (T-Wolves said they won't trade KG, though KG can opt out if he wants to) and win it all next year.

19. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I am sorry but there is no if in this forum. We will win it all this year. This will mark the new era for Yao and T-Mac.

20. Sextuple Double

For me that's unfathomable. I'll feel as if I caught my girl cheating on me the day I was gonna propose. I'll be beyond stunned. I wouldn't visit this board again until October.