1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DuPree on Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeguo, Apr 19, 2007.

1. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

DuPree on Rockets:

:p

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe the Rockets will beat the Jazz, but I really wish all this Dallas talk would stop.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you didn't get the memo? apparently, the Jazz are just gonna give us the series.

4. Pocket Rockets

im kinda nervous now....we usually don't play well as the favorite with so much lofty expectations

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i admit, i can't help but look toward that series. my confidence is around 70% for the utah series but if we did end up playing the mavs, i would probably tear all my hair out by the time it came to a conclusion. beating them would be the greatest thing ever, but losing would be bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter.

i hate the mavericks so much.

but alas, time to focus on the jazz.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

not used to optimisum around are ya??? :confused:

man it sure would be sweet to beat to the jazz,mavs, then spurs.

and in the finals beat shaq/wade, or lebron, or the pistons

not sure which one i would get more joy out of winning the lotto, or all of the above happening ;)

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

And I'd say you're not used to the playoffs.

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

We have a weapon that neither the Jazz nor the Mavs have. His name is RAFER ALSTON! Our ability to bring the ball up court is unparralled in this league.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

haha!

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

well we were underdogs against dallas two years ago and that didnt work out so well.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I concur. Sloan is too good a coach to dismiss so easily and the Jazz, like the Rockets, have been away from the playoffs for a while so I look for them to be just as hungry and eager as the home team. This looks to be a tough series as both teams are somewhat evenly matched. As for all of this Mavs talk, all I can say is to be very careful what you ask for.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol :D

13. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Let's focus on the Jazz man. One game at a time, I don't even want to think about game 2 and you guys are talking about the second round??

Whether we like it or not there is a small mental bump that T-Mac and Yao have to get over because they haven't gone to the second round yet. Once we safely get over that, and depending on how well we do that, we can start talking about expectations. Because whoever we play in the 2nd round can't really be considered better or worse than who we would play in the WCF. As we all know, both of those teams would most likely be better than whoever's in the NBA Finals.

Basically, let's focus on playing the Jazz. Hopefully when we have that out of the way, we'll have the confidence to play with the bigger boys. The first round will determine if we're any good, and the second round would determine if we are capable of going all the way.

At least that's how I see it.

14. AkeemTheDreem86

Very well put.

15. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Clutch, I usually trust your words. But you throwed the white flag too early on the HCA. So you sort of lost some credibility with me a bit on this one ;)

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Two weeks ago, with McGrady and Yao, we lost to the Jazz in our building. And it will happen again, if we let ourselves get distracted.

17. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Rockets over Jazz in 5
    Rockets over Mavs in 6
    Rockets lose to Spurs in seven
    Spurs beat Heat in 6

18. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

The landscape of this place could sure change it we have a game one stinker.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

First off, I didn't know that anything I wrote in this thread required "trust".

Secondly, I hate to break this to you dfwrox -- but T-Mac and Yao were not injured and homecourt advantage was not the Rockets #1 priority at that time. <I>They</I> were throwing in the towel, not I. It wasn't until the Jazz lost their third in a row (all against non-playoff teams) that the Rockets got back in the game.

Don't tell me the Rockets were playing for homecourt when they're resting their stars for a home game needing to make up 3 with 6 remaining to catch the Jazz. I'd make the same post over and over again -- if you're settling for the 5th seed without homecourt, don't give us 40-minute a night specials from Rafer and Juwan. Give the young guys their time and get a better draft pick.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So true. I appreciate the optimism coming from this forum (for a change), but come on.

I was pretty confident 2 years ago when we went up 2-0 against the mavpricks.

I think this series will be MUCH tougher than most people here are predicting. Even if we go up 3-0 with 3 blowouts, I won't rest easy until we get that 4th win.