1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MTV] Human Giant Appreciation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Apr 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Human Giant! Why the hell do I even know this show is on MTV, the most worthless channel on TV? I was flipping the channels and caught this by mistake, so sue me. This show is awesome. Hilarious. It's a sketch comedy, more along the lines of the 'alternative' comedies like Mr. Show, Sarah Silverman show, etc. It features some of the comedians that do 'Best Week Ever'. I can't believe it's on MTV, this is probably the best show they've had since 120 Minutes was cancelled 15 years ago (or something like that). So many good ideas on this show, I wish this thing would be on Comedy Central where I think it would develop a solid following like Chapelle or Reno.

Is this new, or is it new to me? Anyways, if you didn't get it by now, I highly recommend it. Human Giant. Give it a chance guys, new episode Thursday at 10:30pm btw.

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Looks funny, and it got my attention. I'll be checking it out tomorrow. This looks a lot better then the other new show on MTV "Short Circuit", pure garbage.

3. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

MTV is still around? :eek:

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

why must people get so defensive when talking about mtv or american idol?

just admit it, you watch the real world every chance you can get. :)

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't watch the real world but im freaking addicted to those real world/road rules challenges. i'll admit it.

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Coincidentally I came across it for the first time tonight as well, under the same circumstances. Solid cast, with one previously involved with the "Upright Citizen's Brigade." Given their backgrounds, surprised they didn't pitch it to Comedy Central; or if so, that the latter didn't pick it up. Outside of the dog whistle bit, it was great; definitely earned my endorsement.

I was with you until you mentioned the god-awful "Sarah Silverman Show," which I hate with a passion. For starters, any show that uses musical-style interludes has me reaching for a shotgun, either to blast the tv or pull a Hemingway. Sarah Silverman can be funny, but only as a caricature of herself; not as an actual character. She fails miserably in the role. Throw in a mediocre cast, headlined by the unbearable Brian Posehn, and you have one disaster of a show. But hey, it's still better than "Mind of Mencia," which must count for something.

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Makes you wonder why they still let Nick Cannon have his own show. Seriously, Wild'N Out and his new show are horrible. Not funny to me at all.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What's weird is I've actually followed the comic careers of main characters of the show Aziz Ansari, Rob Huebel, and Paul Scheer over the years. But I still haven't caught an actual show of theirs yet. I've seen some of the old clips like the Shutterbugs before, and it is funny stuff. Illusionators is also very good.

Thx for the reminder. I'm heading to the torrents now.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Haven't you been on it? ;)

10. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I saw Paul Scheer on Letterman- will try watching it. Does "Pimp My Ride " still come on? Lots of fun.....

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

People over the age of 17 watch MTV? :confused:

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anything that has a link to Upright Citizen's Brigade can't be all bad. I'll give this show a watch next time I see it on.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know that Paul Sheer and Rob Huebel are on it. They are two very funny human beings.

14. professorjay

Hey now, I have no problem admitting I watch certain things. I may lose my 'hetero male' membership here, but I watch HGTV and Bravo. Actually Bravo is in a slow period, the only thing I watch on there is the gym owned by a lesbian right now.

Now the Real World used to be good for the first 4-5 seasons, and then it really went to 'all frat & sorority girls' world.

15. professorjay

Actually I'm w/ you on the Silverman show. I only watched it twice and couldn't get into it. But I know she (and Brian Posen) run in the 'alternative' comedy circles and figured they had that in common.

BTW, Rob Huebel is the main reason I actually stopped flipping channels. Hilarious guy, for some reason he reminds me or Bob Odenkirk.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The bits I've seen have been awesome. Last night, I guess it was an ep from last week, Aziz is playing some flash game on a computer and saying he's going to beat the other guys record. It turns out to be one of those tricks where a loud scream and a horrible face flashes on the screen and Aziz freaks out and then jumps through a window, awesome. That ep also had this sketch in it:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbZ7WiYqFeM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbZ7WiYqFeM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

just saw this program for the first time, very funny. I liked the fast pace of the show.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

#18 Faos, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That show was hilarious. I loved it. I can't imagine anyone, even these guys, can keep that much high quality stuff coming out all the time. There will have to be some valleys in there some where.

20. Faos

Faos Contributing Member