1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/18/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2007.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I was impressed ith Billy. he's slashing ability is parker like. i'm not exaggerating. he can attack the rim like a madman. if he can work on he's shot, he is a Starting calibare player. he's clearly and i mean CLEARLY BETTER THEN LUCAS.

2. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Novak really isn't that good. He's almost invisible on defense out there except for the fouls.

VSpan is decent on offense except for the fact that he can't shoot jumpshots. On defense, he just got burned WAY too many times.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

According to FSNH, Houston will start Round 1 on Saturday but time is not confirmed yet but most likely it will be 9pm

4. Sextuple Double

I like Vspan going to the rim. I can accept 1/7 fg if I can see 11/12 ft.

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

His pick and roll defence also is not good. He has lost his man too many times.

6. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

Don't really care about the game much but unable to see it, can anyone tell me what quarters Battier and Alston played in? They played limited minutes but I hoped they played all their minutes in the first quarter because by the boxscore, we dominated them in the 1st when they had their starters out.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

That will improve in time. in the offseason he must solely concentrate on improving he's weaknesses. Shooting and defense. if he does that, he should start over rafer. i used to think lucas was better, but noway. vpan is clearly better...

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Both played in the first. after that they didnt play.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

V-Span was like Kobe on really bad night. Driving to basket, and drawing fouls, but missing every shot out on the wing.

10. Fuse

Fuse Member

His man to man defense is a lot better than either rafer, luther, or Lucas. At least he can somewhat body up to the opponent. Whereas, all the other guards just get overpowered.

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

o well this game doesnt matter....anyway

Clutch or the admins of this forum did you guys ever got my email?

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

selling the team out.....

13. Head9

Head9 Member

It is very clear that Vspan and Novka won't play any minutes at playoff, JL3 will.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Good point. Span is a big guard. he's physicaly strong and dosent get flusterd quicly aupon reciving contact. he's got alot of great things going for him. if he can improve he's shooting, we got a starting calibare player.

Positives
    Span
    Snyder
    Howard
    Head

Negatives
    Big Jake. he's big, Strong, and can be a good rebonder. but he looks like a he is competing for the special olympic.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Despite Span being way better?

16. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Vspan freaking rocked tonight! :cool:

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

LMAO...everytime i watch him play though, when he goes for rebounds, he barely jumps, he just reaches his hands up and looks at the ball (with a clueless look in his face), he makes my day.

18. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I guess the better choice of word is he clearly has more potential than JL3. Yes, if he can improve those weakness, he will compete the starting PG with Rafer.

Actually, I think he WILL get some play time this playoff series, when Rafer is getting trouble to guard Williams, JVG might want VSpan in the game. I think he tried that in the game against Hornets (?)

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol at blazerben trying to change his attitude towards Span

keep working guy hehe :D

20. Fuse

Fuse Member

The reason why I think he didn't go around the screens that well was because he seemed a little disinterested at times. I hope his emotions don't get the best of him. We need the Greek to stay put!