1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midlife Crisis??????

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, Apr 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

CORPORATE accounts payable.....JUST a moment...

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Why on earth would anyone go to a titty bar in Houston...when there are so many massage parlors around??? :eek: ;) :D

3. RocketMan Tex

I hear ya, and you are correct. As far as the qualifiers go, I got the age one down, and the barhop/pickup chicks thing was on like Donkey Kong until I got hooked up. Never been married so no divorce, my 10 year old Lexus runs fine, and I've only lost a little bit of hair. :)

4. RocketMan Tex

Thanks to everyone for your advice in this thread. I have a tendency to focus on the one or two negatives in my life rather than the many positives.

And the biggest positive? I'm alive, dammit. I'm praying for those poor students at VaTech. They had everything taken away from them in a split second. Such a needless waste of life. Live for today...tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My wife and I know the mid life crisis thing is coming so she is already ready for the Yamaha R1 when I hit 40 or so. Why the motorcycle? Because its cheaper than a Divorce.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I am really bad about doing the same thing.
    Amen to that - amen to that!

7. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

If I could start a thread, I'd start one named "Make RMT feel better". I could begin with this:

Don't feel bad, RMT. Your car is better than mine and you're a better musician.

8. RocketMan Tex

Well, all I can say to that is...work hard and practice hard, and soon you will drive a nicer car than me and be a better musician too. :)

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

You have a healthy balance.

I have been underemployed most of my adult life. Mostly cause I consider acting and playwriting to be my real "work" Though I have yet to make it pay (I got a couple hundred bucks for some voice over work once).

You are a muscian at the core and don't judge people by their material wealth.
    But you like and appreciate nice things.

Probably helps you keep the balance that your parents value the material wealth a little.

Anyway...I think you will be ok.

10. RocketMan Tex

Thank you for the compliment(s). I think I will be OK too. Like I said earlier, I tend to focus on the one or two negatives in my life rather than the many positives. My day gig is screwing with my head right now, and I'm considering a move, but if I make a move, it might cut into my music time.

However....when you play the blues, there isn't any upper age limit.
    I just might be taking a higher paying day gig soon, and if I do, I could work for another 10 years, retire at 56, and then play as much blues as I want to and sleep in the next day.

Life sure can throw you some weird ass curveballs.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

If you are using your tax refund cheque for painting and landcaping you are most definitely NOT going through a mid-life crisis.

Just though I'd point that out.

12. RocketMan Tex

:D :D :D

Well, it ain't enough to buy a Porsche, and I have no need for a hooker at the present time, and I don't need the refund to buy narcotics, so might as well pump it into the casa.

13. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

One of these days me and you will meet.

I know exactly what you mean. Last year my marriage went to crap and since then my life has not been the same. Just about all of it for the better. Mainly because I think I'm stable enough to think about my past.

In my case, I needed to make a major change and that was to quit drinking. That's just me though. Everything wrong in my life somehow related to it. I've been running away from things my whole life. In a few weeks, it will be 9 months since I picked up a drink and I am a better man as a result.

Of course I might be going through a little mid-life thing myself. My motorcycle safety course at mancuso is next week and I already know which bike I'm getting.

More than anything though, I rely on God.

I'm seeing a different woman now and she is a very loving and caring person. She has been through a lot herself, so we are supportive of each other.

Live life one day at a time and love as much as possible. If you have one of those days, be thankful that you have learned from it and move on.

I am finally seeing my best life just before I turn 40.

I'm a slow learner.

Congrats on quitting the smokes. I just passed 3 months. It gets better.

#53 swilkins, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007