1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran's Blog: Rockets should lose to the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shaggylambda, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

You know, I just thought you mis-spelled "facetious", but I actually think the way you spelled it is more accurate.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Fran writes some asinine stuff. I get the feeling he's drunk sometimes.

3. munco

munco Member

The point in his post doesn't seem to apply so well to the last regular season game of the year. For argument's sake, let's say home court does go down to that last game. Yes, it'd be great to win and get home court, but that isn't a win or loss in the postseason. We could win that and get swept in the first round or the Jazz could win and we could sweep them. It seems pointless to want to have to go through an intense regular season finale only to meet the same team in the first round. It wouldn't do anything except possibly mess with people's heads.

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The last thing this team needs is an extra playoff time game right before they start. We are not deep and a lot of the core are old, or at least not young.

This Dallas win today was just huge for the Rockets and Suns. The Rockets shouldn't have to play it like a playoff game to win monday, and the Suns got an extra couple days rest. Cumulative playoff type games takes its toll. Particularly for short rotation teams where vetertan superstars play is so critical.

That said Sloan may not feel he can take his foot of the gas regardless. His team has been sucking. A weak effort no stakes game he were to lose on his floor versus their soon opponent to travel to is not much of a confidence booster. Further, that is a young team and they are coached by Jerry Sloan. Utah is in a catch 22 if they or the Suns lose monday.

A Rockets win manana is a huge advantage, and I think the will get it.

5. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

Hell no...

We need this win deadly!!!

1. To avoid being swept by the suns.

2. We deserve this home court adavantage, why give up?!

3. Just that simple, I really hate Suns. :mad:

So Rockets Go!!!

6. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Hahaha :D

7. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

Sure. Rather than secure HCA early, rest our starters, not risk injury to our stars, and not give Utah a sneak preview of our intensity and ability...

let's risk it all on one regular-season game.

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is it just me or do others wonder why this guy actually gets paid?

9. kingkow

kingkow Member

If Suns do really face either one of us ( Rox or j*zz), then they would rather play us because we are less dominant and althletic at the post. So I guess the suns will rest their starters and let us have this game. (hopefully we dont mess things up like that time we nearly lost to the blazers)

10. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Definitely. The finals against New York were actually boring games. The sweep of the Magic was amazing, not to mention the path to actually get there.

And we could beat Utah in the last game and still lose a seven game series.

I suspect Rockets are going to win both games to close the season. Some people make a valid comment in the blog, we still want to finish with a better record than Detroit if possible.

11. anitasri

anitasri Member

I just cant believe the audacity of this again. But then again he has a report to file- can't really blame him. Even if we get HCA today- I want us to win out the season.

This talk of resting players is kind of silly- they will have enough rest. Injuries can happen even in playoffs!

12. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

These are the newspaper reporters that cover the Rockets?

What kind of idiot would tell his team to lose a game and risk losing home court and the lead record when its what you worked for all year?
    This has to be the dumbest writing ever.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Fran is an idiot!

14. Head9

Head9 Member

How about this, I wish we had five games left to play with Jazz this season.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

What this douch needs to realize before he writes this crap is this will be the first time the Rockets will play the Suns at full strength and a win not only to sure up homecourt but the clear the mental hurdle of the Suns is needed.

Now I think the Spurs will take out the Suns in the second round and it will be like 95 all over again with the I-10 series but the Suns certainly could beat the Spurs and we need to go into that series with this win under our belt.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not sure which is funnier....

Your hometown writer asking your team to lose a game so that he can enjoy some drama....

OR

Your hometown writer asking your team to take steps to lose the game making it seem as if they have beaten Suns convincingly all season long.

#56 Zboy, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  17. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

It's not just you.

18. cs_eric

cs_eric Member

if we can beat sun, why not? ? ?

i would rather see a non-sense game instead of a teeth to teeth bite

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

You know what's really fun? Wondering whether you'll turn in an article good enough to get paid. I mean, what kind of wimp puts himself on a payroll and collects his check, same amount every time, at the same time every period?

C'mon, Fran. Quit your job and roll the dice on freelancing. It's so much more exciting ... or you could go over there in the corner and do your sudoku puzzle and stop telling other people to do what you won't do yourself.

Please, let's beat the friggin' Suns and make that last game in Utah completely not worth watching.

20. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

HAHA You should post that on Fran's blog. He'll run to his mommy like the sorry &#^%@# he is. Then again, he'll probably delete your post. He has a lot of nerve since he doesn't have to actually talk to people. He just sits there on his little computer, and he's tough because he doesn't have to look people in the eye when he insults them.