1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Race for the 8th

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Storm Surge, Apr 10, 2007.

1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

People who say the regular season doesn't matter don't understand the way that Avery and the mavs approach the regular season.

They don't take days off. Avery demands that they go balls to the wall every single game. 4 straight regular season losses to the warriors is very signifigant.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Every game except Utah on Friday.

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Golden State is going to wax the Mavericks on tuesday.

Book it.

Among teams in the West, they are singularly dominant at home (+18 win/loss); at 29-11, they're two games better than Houston, and only a game behind Utah in the loss column. I think people are seriously underestimating their ability to hold their homecourt the first two games.

My keys to the series: Monta Ellis cancelling out Devon Harris' increasingly important mojo for Dallas, Stephen Jackson's "balls" factor, Baron Davis introducing himself to a national audience (ala Brand last year), and Al Harrington doing a number on Nowitzki defensively. For my money, it's the most intriguing first round series outside of Denver/San Antonio.

However, if Cleveland and Miami stay at #4/5 it instantly becomes the series to watch (Outside of the Rockets/Jazz of course).

4. aaaa

aaaa Member

You know what, you may be right about this, but I really can't take watching any more Cavs games. Or Eastern Conference games in general. (Go Raptors though!~)

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Here's what I need to happen the rest of the way:

1) Lakers win out; and

2) Warriors win out OR Clippers lose one more game.

That way, you have the Lakers at 7th (the Suns/Lakers matchup everyone seems to be rooting for) and the GSW in the 8th spot, taking on an arrogant Dallas Mavericks team.

Get r done!

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I believe one of the reasons why Golden state can play Dallas so well is for one they have the guard and forward talent to keep up with dallas.

Davis, richardson, jackson, harrington, ellis, pietrus. Dallas isn't an interior team so they can't abuse GS inside. Nelson is familiar with Dalla's offensive schemes so that is another plus for them.

I've already pissed off a lot of dallas fans while I was there this weekend telling them that GS is going to upset them. Let's hope I'm right.

Dallas likes to go small but that actually plays into GS liking as well.

We'll see if Dallas improved defense makes a difference in the playoffs.

Here is hoping for the upset!! Go GS for the 1st round hehehe