1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of foods do you not eat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Apr 15, 2007.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Eh, aside from the usual horrible veggies, like collard greens and spinach, I really don't like eating food where the "presentation" is more important than the food itself.. this means you, fancy French restaurants. If someone has arranged the food to make it look pretty, I don't eat it.

2. Fatty FatBastard

For some odd reason, most asians don't like cheese.

Think about it. Name one chinese or japanese cuisine that has cheese in it. Other than crab rangoons, I can't think of anything, and rangoons aren't exactly from the Orient.

3. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

I get the thing about most juices being nothing but sugar... but what do you guys thinks of those Oceanspray 100% Juice ones? I usually load up on those every time I go to the store... Cranberry, Grapefruit, etc... are those just as bad?

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know if you think I'm asian, but if anybody thinks so, I'm not. I do know why asians don't eat cheese though, most asians are lactose intolerant, like 90%.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Pretty much all traditional american side dishes besides potatos and plain corn.

Cole Slaw
    Beans
    Okra
    Greens
    deviled eggs
    green beans
    potato salad
    creamed corn
    tomato soup

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Meat
    Dairy
    And recently, anything containing malt, artificial coloring or artificial flavoring (including beer)

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Meat
    Refined sugars

8. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

Mashed potatoes
    Seafood (tuna is the exception)
    Corn
    Beans
    Chips
    Sweets (cookies, cakes, etc)
    Hardly ever eat beef

Bleh too much to think of. I'm VERY picky. :eek:

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Mushrooms
    Crawfish after a certain amount of time. Yesterday was the longest amount of time that's ever been.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Pork
    Chicken or Beef cooked with fruit (like with a fruit glaze)
    Frogs legs
    Gizzards, tripe, chitlins
    Anything from Timmy Chan's (you gotta be deez nutz to eat that crap)

11. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

No sushi.

No middle-Eastern food.

No caffeine.

12. windfern

windfern Member

Any lamb dish. It smells like an armpit and tastes like a #$@$%.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts,

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I get pretty insulted and offended if I smell the extra powdered parmesan on someone's pasta. I even pretend to make conversation by asking if the person really likes parmesan, but I think the passive aggression is fairly transparent. In melted cheese form, however, I have no problem eating it.

Even though I compliantly drank milk with every meal when I was young, I refused to eat cereal with milk when I was young. But when I about seven, my aunt was visiting us; and when my back was turned she poured some milk on my Bran Chex and I yelled at her about it, but then I ate it and had no problem with it going forward. The funny thing is I've gone completely full circle, no cereal without milk, but no milk drinking.

Burgers were ketchup only until I was 14. Both my parents were third world immigrants, so I think they were pretty confused and irritated about my pickiness, even to the point that my father refused to take "special orders" when he was getting burgers for dinner. I was visiting the same inconsiderate aunt in New York during ninth grade, and she got me a double cheeseburger with everything at McDonalds; to my suprise, the cheese actually enhanced the taste, and the mustard, mayo, onions and lettuce had a nice, balacing effect against the ketchup!

Unless baked in a cake, I find eggs to be vile and putrid.

Same goes with undiced tomatoes; and brocolli and cauliflower, nature's punishment foods.

Don't love fish, but I'm pretty cool with caviar. Tuna tastes like salmon that was dug out of the trash.

I have problems with mushy foods, so cheesecake, pudding and bananas are all embargoed.

I like chocolate, but I'm enough of a misogynist that I don't like hearing women talk about how much they like it.

I was baptized and confirmed Episcopalian, so when I was a kid, I drank wine with communion, and my parents would let us sip a little wine or champagne during Holidays, especially New Year's. However, I always had some wierd, pyscho-somatic headaches whenever I drank it (outside of church). No problems now, though. The ironic things is, in a bar, I always try to order gin or whiskey if I can, largely because I think beer tastes like dish water.

Sliced cucumbers are okay in salad, but I'm not sure why pickles even exist. What are they, soaked in urine?

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I used to eat hot wings until I figured out why my arsehole was on fire a few hours later. Does this happen to everyone, or do I just have a digestive issue?

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'd be curious to hear specific examples of this, rimrocker. Main courses, appetizers, desserts? Have you ever done this with a dish where the food itself was something you would regulary eat otherwise? Or is it more a matter of actually eating it, but just not enjoying or finishing it?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fish, Seafood, most meats except beef. When it comes to beef, except burgers pretty much only filet steak one way or another.

18. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

Man you guys are picky! I'll eat almost everything. The only thing I have found that I don't like after trying it is bitter melon (an asian thing I think), black licorice and this thing called durian (some of you may know it, also the asians. lol).

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Pork, most red meat, soft cheese, and mostly everything from fast food places.

I don't know how someone can not eat fruits and vegetables. That's like the only stuff you should eat...

20. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

I can't eat dates and papaya.

/also, I can't stand seafood unless its drowning in vinegar at Captain D's.

#40 JaWindex, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007