1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

tonight's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by insideout, Oct 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I watched all of the Rockets games last season, but I'm very interested in what Jordan looks like. From what I've seen he looks like old MJ. He did some good things while being president. Trading for Haywood was very good. Haywood,Brown, Alexander, and Hamilton will be pretty good in a couple of years.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Pimp, you live in Austin, right? For the last two nights, NBA League Pass games on Time Warner have been "not authorized" for me. In fact, I told some friends not to come over tonight so they would not be disappointed. I think you have to order League Pass to get the preseason games. I haven't ordered yet. We shall see tonight.

3. Smokey

I just called up Time Warner. They told me to reboot my box. I think we're getting ROCKETS BALL tonight!!!

Damn I got a test tomorrow too :(

4. Smokey

Bob, what exactly shows up on the channel 30 minutes before a game? I got my hopes up for nothing again.

5. Houstone

Houstone Member

Is Eddie going to play tonight?

6. Houstone

Houstone Member

b*stard!!

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

You don't need League pass to see the free previews. They show these to everyone who has a dish.

The top of the screen will tell you the game that will be on that channel. Usually they just show a DirecTv logo or something until the game starts.

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The game will be on channel 724

9. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

IT WAS ON DIRECT TV LAST NIGHT TOO ON ONE OF THE ALTERNATE CHANELS, AND YOU CAN CAN EVEN PICK IT ON DISH NETWORK TONIGHT ON CHANEL 448 FOR A SUBSTITUTE IF YOU DON'T HAVE DIRECT TV, I HAVE BOTH!

10. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Anyone know how to get the game in the Bryan/College Station area? I have Cox digital cable w/ all the channels. I wasn't able to get the game last night either and it was supposed to be televised. I would appreciate any help given. I too have a test tomorrow and I don't want to study all night...:rolleyes:

11. Smokey

Time Warner is having some major problems. The lady said no one with Time Warner Austin is getting the free games. She sent me the strongest signal available. The next strongest would be to order League Pass...7 people are chipping in $20. Till then I wait with no games.

12. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Ask him what the hell was running through his thick head when he let the greatest Rocket ever leave for another team. Ask him how we are supposed to go on. Ask him how he could let the greatest athlete to ever play any sport in Houston play ball in Charlotte.

Bull, we miss you.

Hakeem, whatever you flake.

13. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Funny stuff Chance!

I was listening at the game, but no Moochie Norris mix yet - we need to get it out to the world!

14. IVFL

IVFL Member

I about died when I read that:eek:

very funny stuff:D :D :D

15. TIburon

TIburon Member

rocketteen, I live in the BCS but don't have the digital cable...

I looked at listings and it was listed as a possible "subject to blackout" or something to that effect...

I'm pretty pissed that I couldn't see the Rox play, instead the damn Stars were on...

I don't care for hockey... I'm in TEXAS not CANADA...

Sorry I don't like hockey...

16. Smokey

The Time Warner operator was like 'Sorry hun, I know how much you want to see the Rockets tonight.'

Hun?

Time to get Direct TV.

17. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

thoughts from the game:

i was sitting right behind the rockets' bench, and here are some snippets i caught.

mobley is by far the most vocal out of the rockets. he was sitting next to griffin on the left and rice on the his right. griffin didn't talk at all during the whole game, and during the timeout huddles, he sort of stood around and hung back. at one point, during a francis missed layup attempt, mobley yelled onto the court something like, "man, gimme one clutch steve" or something like that. steve looked over and grinned, then drained two freebies. at another point, mobley also yelled out "zone, zone!" for the rockets to step into their new defense during the mavs third quarter push. when mooch was on a tear, stealing balls and making layups, mobley stood up and yelled, "mooch, why you gotta do that to him?" i guess jawin about how moochie is blowing by el-amin. mooch just shrugged and did some crazy face...

cato has some flab. but overall, from my angle, he seems to be cool with his teammates. they don't ignore him or whatever, like i've been assuming, but he did sit by himself and got down on himself a lot. when he missed that pass from steve? (other side of the court) in the fourth quarter and got taken out of the game, he mumbled something furious to himself and slammed his water bottle on the table. same thing happened in the the first quarter, when he missed a couple of putbacks. but there were a couple of moments when rudy said, "good job, cato" and rice seems to be cool with him.. reaching out pass langhi and a trainer to give him a wassup slap. he did hang around in the back of the huddle though, sorta putting more angst on himself.

collier is one big tub or lard. dang, that guy has a gut... it's hard to imagine that he'd be anywhere near basketball shape soon. he did look at me one time and i mouthed "wassup" and he responded in the same way. cool guy.

rudy is hilarious. the guy just gets so worked up for every game. even preseason. there was the third quarter where the mavs are beating us down the court when he said to larry smith, "we have the quicker team but they're beating us down the court, da****!" at another time, during the fourth quarter, there was incidental contact and a foul and rudy was complaining to the refs and then to the bench, "i don't get these rules, how can you not stop the motion.. " or something like that... he was pretty pissed about it i think. at another point, rudy mentioned, "dammit, that guy [dirk] has how many rebounds already? he's got ten offensive already!"

oscar torres is good. he made some quick treys at the beginning.. and towards the end of the game rudy reached over and gave him a pat and said, "good game torres" some of the other guys did the same.

rice tries to talk to everyone. he talked to cato. he talked to mobley. he talked to langhi. he talked to griffin. he even talked to danny manning as they walked off at halftime.

anyways, that's all i can remember for now... good game i thought. the rocks need to work on their transition d and spacing, cause rudy often had to wave people off the wings a lot.