1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming on Garmin/Sina.com Sponsored Online Chatroom/Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 10, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Garmin, the GPS company, which signed Yao Ming as their international spokesperson, is joining hand with Sina.com and will have an on-line chatroom/interview with Yao Ming tomorrow (April 11) Beijing/Hong Kong time (April 10 Houston time).

If you like, you can drop questions you want to ask Yao Ming here through sina.com web link.

http://comment4.news.sina.com.cn/comment/skin/default.html?channel=ty&newsid=6-12-2858071

I'll follow up to post you photos and translation of the Q&As Yao Ming responds to his fans.

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm going to ask him what's his favourite ice cream.

3. metal

metal Member

what did they do to his eyes? just look so weird.......

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm gonna ask him if I follow him home from a game if he will hang out in my van!

5. sebastien106

sebastien106 New Member

He may answer that I only love E-sport.World of Warcraft is one of which!!

6. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

i guess its after PS

7. Tommy

Tommy Member

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Here is the link. Maybe someone will translate it for you non Chinese speaking people.

link

Some fan is giving Yao a real bull, I guess to help him play like a bull on the court LOL.

Says JVG is the GPS of the Rocket car which has two engines (him and Tmac I guess).

#8 pirc1, Apr 11, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

host: how far do you think Rockets can go in the playoff?
    Yao: the possibility of going very far is small. I don't think we have what it takes facing Mavs, but there may be a chance.

10. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

It is just too long....and I'm pretty tired after a whole days work. Let someone go for it.

But I will just take a few one:

• When asked how he viewed some basketball experts' view that the chronic back spasm of TMAC is a time bomb for the Rockets, he said injuries is a part of contesting sports and if it happened, it happened, but players just tried to avoid injuries as much as possible.
    • When asked about whether the trade of Bonzi Wells is a total failure, he said the trade itself (US$2M for a player of Bonzi Wells' calibre) was a good deal, but it was a gamble: gamble on the part of Bonzi Wells himself, the coach and the team management. So you either win or lose in a gamble, and he does not want to further say anything on it.
    • When asked which are his favorite teams he personally thinks will win the conference final, he picks Detroit Pistons for Eastern Conference and San Antonio Spurs for Western Conference. He said maturity, stability and experience of a team count most in playoffs.
    • When asked about how he views the future of Yi Jianlian in NBA, and what he would do if he meets Yi Jianlian on court in future, he said as far as he knows, there are alot of NBA teams wish to pick Yi Jianlian, and Yi has got all the necessary skills and foundamentals of the game to become an outstanding athlete in NBA. He firmly believed NBA has the best coaches and training facilities/methodology to transform Yi Jianlian to be a better basketballer. And if he has to play one-on-one with Yi Jianlian in future, he said, in his eyes, there is only opponents' jerseys but with no faces.
    • When asked Rockets prospects of NBA Championship in the near future, and whether he will consider changing teams if the Rockets fail to win the NBA Championship in 3 years time, he said when a player plays in NBA, he would surely dream about winning a championship ring. But it is not up to him saying he needs to win, and then he can win. He can only train and play as hard as he can, and give his best and strive to achieve his goal together with his team. He still think this year is his best season so far, and could be the year to achieve his goal. He said he has never considered leaving the Rockets even if his team fails to win a championship in the next 3 years.
    • When asked whether he will imitate Shaquille O'Neal that Shaq normally rests alot in the regular season but readjusts his conditions, and just prepares for the playoffs, Yao Ming said he has had too many rest for this season already.
    • When asked amongst the 3 of his weaponry: dunk, jumpers, hook shots, which one he considered his deadliest weapon, he said it all depends on situation during the game.
    • When asked whether there are down to the very details designated set play for players to take the clutch shots during the win-or-lose situation, he said again it is up to on-the-fly adjustments of the players, as game situations change quickly and unpredicably.
    • When asked whether he likes or know how to sing the new Yao Ming song, he said he does not know the words, and in fact he hates that song, and every time, he just ignores that song, pretneding he could not hear it clearly.

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Don't spread false information if you can't even read chinese. You are trying very hard to act like an idiot here.

12. chl

chl Member

No, the man is right. Yao did say that he doesn't think Rocks can go very far in the playoffs. I was kind of shocked with Yao's answer. Maybe Rocks are trying to be low key and weak right now. Only to come out fighting and bite the other teams in the Ace.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

you owe me an apology. :p