1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

St. Lucia Sandals Resort for Honemoon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rubytuesday, Apr 11, 2007.

1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

My fiance and I are getting married on October 27th and are planning our honeymoon trip. After much thought, we decided on St. Lucia at an all inclusive, adults only resort. We found a couple of places but the price and package for Sandals looks ideal.

My only thought is "Is it cheesy?" My mental image of the commercials and ads scream cheesy but they seem to do well and offer a lot of activities, bars, etc. Can anyone who has been to a Sandals resort or specifically the ones at St. Lucia (Regency or Grande) tell me about it? Food? Accommodations? Service? Beach location? Room?

No need to try to sway me to go to another destination unless you really think it's worth it because we have been traveling alot (Asia, New Zealand, UK/Egypt in July) and just want something close and relaxing. I know I can count on clutchfans for help!! Oh and we'll be home in early May so I hope the Rockets make it to the second round of the playoffs so I can see a game!!!

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I've been to Sandals for Honeymoon and for 10 yr anniversary. Dunns River and Grand Bahamian. Both were excellent, the food is great. Accomodations were awesome at Grand Bahamian, and pretty good at Dunns (it has been renovated since I went in 1996. I had a butler at GB, freaking rocked.

3. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

My hubby and I went to the Regency St. Lucia four years ago for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it! The accomodations were great. We had a two story suite that looked like a little town house. The all inclusive was awesome because obviously you don't have to worry about carrying money or tipping.

The food was hit or miss. There's a restaurant there called Kimono's that we loved and wished we could have eaten there more often. It's only open in the evenings and it requires reservations but the food was great. It's a Japanese style restaurant alot like Benihana's with an amazing view. The Pitons Restaurant is awesome for lunch and breakfast, awesome omelet's! Armando's for Italian was also good. Arizona's (Western style grill) and the Pavilion (international grill)were hit or miss IMO.

As far as the cheese factor it really isn't there. If you want to participate in activities or if you just want to be a beach bum, it's all free game. We signed up for snorkeling and that was a lot of fun. The alcohol there is a little watered down but if you drink enough you'll be okay. We stuck with pina coladas and their red wine. They only served two kinds maybe three kinds of beer at the time and they weren't all that great to me. One was their Piton beer (blech), Heineken and maybe Corona but I'm not too sure. We are definitely hoping to go back some day.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If ya'll don't mind me asking, how much does something like this run?

5. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

Don't quote me here, and mind you this was four years ago, but I think ours was between $5,000 and $6,000 for seven days and six nights round trip air fare included plus transport to and from the airport.

6. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Holy cow! That's a lot of bank for a week of which half is spent in bed.

This is why I never take real vacations.

7. rubytuesday

that's about right and the good thing i can see is that they have multiple (too many so it's hard to decide) types of rooms varying from $4500-9000 or so for 7 days/6 nights. $6000 is a pretty great room with nice amenities.

i've stayed at Adventura in Playa del Carmen before and the drinks were watered down there as well but it was fun to sip on them all day. :) it was just another excuse to swim up to the bar and get more. thanks for your comments elle!!

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The wife and I honeymooned at the St. Lucia Sandals Resort in the summer of 1993. We enjoyed it.

We spent our second week of our Honeymoon @ Sandals and our first week at LeSport which is a Euro styled spa resort. We used the first week to relax from the hectic wedding and the second week to have fun.

9. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

That it is but it was worth every penny. We worked hard to save up for it and we had the best time ever. We would do it again in a heartbeat if we could find the time and the spare cash, lol.

10. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

No problem! You guys are going to LOVE it! We want to go back so bad!

11. rubytuesday

y'all are the best!!! we're booking it!!! i just needed that extra confirmation from others since it is pricey and while i'm away from the States, i can't ask people except for clutchfans so i really appreciate it. i'll be sure to let y'all know it was worth every penny when we get there and back.

i'm getting excited!! :D

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Holy crap is right... :eek: I can honestly say I've never spent that much on a vacation, let alone anything else...Now, would I, i guess I would, but I'm too cheap...Hell, I was b*tching about spending $3K plus on going to disney, not inlcuding flights...

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My brother and sister in law honeymooned in St. Lucia and loved it. They stayed at Sandals for half the trip. Apparently there are multiple Sandals locations on the island and one is much newer than the others.

They also stayed at this place for the first couple nights (more romantic):

http://www.ladera.com/

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Isn't St. Lucia were all the swinging couples go? Or is St. Topaz???